Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1325 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

skatingfan200

Medalist
Thank you for the explanation! So it's basically like you're travelling in a circle going in one direction on the outside edge, but when you switch to the inside edge, the direction of travel changes, and that shouldn't be happening?

Rewatching the Lz, she starts her entry on a line that is going to take her to her left, and when she lands she's on a curve taking her off to her right instead. And so the issue then is that she switches to the right-hand curve just before she leaves the ice?
https://twitter.com/chiburahakkai/status/1028960602029350912
https://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/175162221189/the-lutz

Here are good explanation.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Yes. I’m pretty sure the jump should take off ( and land ) but she takes off ) and lands ) which isn’t a proper lutz. But the jump was nice besides that. Also I’m not an expert at all, just something I’ve read/seen
Edit: this might be getting a bit too technical (I’m not completely sure on forum rules, but hope I answered okay)

Thank you once more! You may not be an expert, but you know more than I do. :)

Edit: Thank you, skatingfan200! Am going off to read those links right now.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Thank you to the skating gods. :pray:

Seems like I made a fool of myself for nothing. Well, happens. :laugh:

Calm down. Lots of skater submit old layouts then totally different stuff at the real competition.
Esp in the men's discipline with all the quads. Where nobody knows which jump the skater is actually going to do till he skates it.

On another note, I guess I'm so used seeing changed layout in men's it doesnt bother me.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Calm down. Lots of skater submit old layouts then totally different stuff at the real competition.
Esp in the men's discipline with all the quads. Where nobody knows which jump the skater is actually going to do till he skates it.

On another note, I guess I'm so used seeing changed layout in men's it doesnt bother me.

I‘m calm (again) lol. I have no shame admitting that I was freaking out when I saw the planned layout, though. That might be because I remember her layout in SCI being submitted as the new one. So it would have made no sense to me to submit the ACI one to Rostelecom when she already has it ready from SCI. But who cares, anyway. I‘m just happy not to see those 3 3Lz again. :laugh:

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
The lutz edge is a problem that requires glutes and leg muscles very strong to keep the outside edge. Evgenia is working on her muscles and on her edges, but her legs were never the most muscular ones. Once she gets more muscles and improves (even more) her edges, her lutz will improve. Maybe, not a totally outside edge, but making it flat would be great in my opinion. She can keep an outside edge until the toe pick; her toe pick is too much to the right of her body, it should be more to the left (although it has already improved a lot). Her hips should be able to be stable and keep the position until the toe pick, which can be very tricky for a person that doesn’t have wider hips. When you have wider hips, it tends to be easier to balance the outside edge+toe pick. It’s a problem I imagine that can be improved (maybe not fixed entirely) with muscle gain training and maybe even some physiotherapy to improve her hip balance.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight

If we look at the first video in which Courtney is still flutzing, her toe pick is too much to the right of her body, too far from the left foot. When she fixed her lutz, the toe pick is very close to the other foot, which helps not to switch to the inside edge. If Evgenia manages to make her toe pick come very close to the foot with the outside edge (more to the left), her edge will stay outside for longer. Evgenia’s toe pick is pretty much the same as in Courtney’s first video today.

skatingfan200

Medalist
If the planned content sheets weren’t accurate, does that mean we might see 3F + 3Lo?? Fingers crossed!
3F3lo does not bring much points-wise+ she has to jump the lutz. 3F3T, 2A, 3lo is the best option.
Found another angle of the lutz and it is still inside ��

https://imgur.com/gallery/MSAqdMI

Since it’s such a hard issue to fix though, kudos to Zhenya for making that a goal for herself! I’ll definitely be patient and appreciate that it takes time to resolve!

I would be nice to know why she is still jumping with a long outside glide entry, why TCC did not change it after more than one year training. As far as I know, she is the only one at the moment with this entry.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Just watched her practice and the improvement she's made in her overall SS and packaging is insane! She has so much speed and everything is so effortless. I know we all worry about and want her to fix her flutz, but let's take a moment to appreciate how much she has improved overall:yahoo:

Aichwan

Rinkside
She look solid in practice, hopefully it will translate into the competition tomorrow. As long as she believes in herself, she can do it, no doubt.
Also can we call this hairstyle into existence. This inverted braid situation will look amazing with her SP catsuit.