Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1327 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vemvane

On the Ice
So thrilled to see her smiling and happy at the end! She skated so beautifully, and, while my heart was pounding fit to burst, her jumps looked so calm and reliable. She had that lovely bend in her knee, and she kept gliding on landing. I am going to have to rewatch it when I'm a little calmer, but that was a beautiful performance, and a deserved SB.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Orser kept his promise. One year and a half, that's what it takes... Clean Zhenya!! Happy Zhenya!!!

Placebo11

On the Ice
Actually I think Brian should be cautious with his remarks because they can increase the pressure (like saying she's skating better than ever....).
I'm so happy for Zhenya.
And Vandesvka is there. Wow!!!!

grey19

On the Ice
Finally!! Not to jinx her for tomorrow, but today she was great! I was so worried but decided to.watch it anyway. So happy I did, and happy for Vandevska who got to see it live. Thrilled for all of us:yahoo:. Now I need to watch it again and actually see it this time.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Y'all I was clutching my non-existent pearls the whole time but SHE DID THAT!

I can't wait to watch this program without the nerves so I can just enjoy it, SO BEAUTIFUL! Thank God they did away with that pesky 3Lz because her 3Lo is so glorious, I screamed when she landed it. :yahoo:

She definitely deserved first place in the short! It was the best performance of the day by far for me.

To be completely honest, I felt she was underscored by a few points. Specifically the PCS and SS. I would have given her at least 37 something PCS. And she didn't even reach 9s in SS and TR. TR I guess, ok. But SS was very underscored, and she was only .6 higher than Trusova for skating skills. Like Zhenya should have scored higher in SS. Little bit disappointed at the tiny underscoring. Also her TES was a little bit higher than Trusova after she finished skating, but her GOE went down a few decimals after.

But putting that aside, Zhenya is in first after SP deservedly. That was stunning. Love to see her smiling. I'm her fan forever! Also very happy the loop is back.