Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Yes, the moon-walking! :love: I was surprised that moonwalking on ice is possible, but not at all that Yuzu can do it!

And now... I have my $5 off frequent customer coupon to the nail salon and am overdue for a manicure. Time to up the ante on my Origin-themed nails. If they come out looking like I hope, I might actually break my no-pictures-of-me-on-the-internet rule and post them... :biggrin:

Wynter

On the Ice
Hi all,

It's 2.44AM here but I am still too excited after today so I couldn't sleep yet.

This is my first (and hopefully not the last) opportunity to watch FS comp and Yuzu live and I enjoy it very very much!

I think we are all nervous today in arena but the energy and support during Yuzu's performance is sooo amazing.

To sum up my experience during NHK Trophy: I appreciate some skaters more, I found new appreciation to some others, and I also appreciate some skaters less.

A request to my dear friends on being careful to not get provoked by specific posters in the NHK day 2 thread! Let them just waste their time and vent out their insecurities!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's something that shows his true, amazing genius, that he can make a mistake in one of the most demanding programs of all time, and without a pause or a moment's hesitation, revamp on the fly to compsensate enough to still get one of the highest scores this season...

Perfection is amazing and, well, perfect, but here Yuzu showed that he is - contrary to what folk seem to think - human, but when things go wrong - he is even more amazing than folk thought.

:luv17: :bow: :luv17: :bow: :luv17: :bow: :luv17:

A request to my dear friends on being careful to not get provoked by specific posters in the NHK day 2 thread! Let them just waste their time and vent out their insecurities!

No, but I might throw a few stats at them.... highest scores in the series, only ones over 300, combined thirty above Nathan and NINETY-FREAKIN-EIGHT above Samarin...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Yuzu!

I was not able to watch the event on live broadcast, and was only following updates about the men's fs on twitter, and immediately, upon learning that his legs were visibly shaking at the opening pose, I felt like a ton of rocks descended on my heart. I was so worried because I've always had this perception that Yuzu is stable as a rock when dealing with pressure (heck, the way he handled himself at the Olympics while still being injured is proof of that) and he is fearless. So my heart ached so much when I saw that hint of vulnerability, and even more so after learning that he really feared coming out of the 2nd GP event with an injury. Oh, Yuzu. It's understable though that he'd have trauma when it comes to 2nd GPs and injuries. Heck, even we, fans, wish him health for this GP above all else - health even takes precedence over him winning. So, imagine my relief when I saw him being happy and playful with 2 working ankles during the victory ceremony. Yuzu, please stay healthy and happy.

Anyway, it's astounding how he was able to quickly think on his feet as he was skating while being nervous and being worried about getting injured. That was quite a feat. Overall, the SC version is more nuanced and is less reserved, but this isn't even a bad performance. I mean, without knowing the intended layout, one would think that he did very few mistakes here and that is all thanks to his YOLO-ing prowess.

As for the SP, I actually like the NHK version better of Otonal compared to the SC one. Yes, Yuzu was more expressive in the latter, but I personally think his timing and step sequence are better in the former. Nothing much, I just want to say that I think Yuzu's performances here aren't really inferior to the ones he did in SC despite the huge difference in the total combined score.

Wonderful first post, welcome to Goldenskate :love:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congratulations to Yuzu!

I was not able to watch the event on live broadcast, and was only following updates about the men's fs on twitter, and immediately, upon learning that his legs were visibly shaking at the opening pose, I felt like a ton of rocks descended on my heart. I was so worried because I've always had this perception that Yuzu is stable as a rock when dealing with pressure (heck, the way he handled himself at the Olympics while still being injured is proof of that) and he is fearless. So my heart ached so much when I saw that hint of vulnerability, and even more so after learning that he really feared coming out of the 2nd GP event with an injury. Oh, Yuzu. It's understable though that he'd have trauma when it comes to 2nd GPs and injuries. Heck, even we, fans, wish him health for this GP above all else - health even takes precedence over him winning. So, imagine my relief when I saw him being happy and playful with 2 working ankles during the victory ceremony. Yuzu, please stay healthy and happy.

Anyway, it's astounding how he was able to quickly think on his feet as he was skating while being nervous and being worried about getting injured. That was quite a feat. Overall, the SC version is more nuanced and is less reserved, but this isn't even a bad performance. I mean, without knowing the intended layout, one would think that he did very few mistakes here and that is all thanks to his YOLO-ing prowess.

As for the SP, I actually like the NHK version better of Otonal compared to the SC one. Yes, Yuzu was more expressive in the latter, but I personally think his timing and step sequence are better in the former. Nothing much, I just want to say that I think Yuzu's performances here aren't really inferior to the ones he did in SC despite the huge difference in the total combined score.

Welcome! Lovely post :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Yes! We can make the thread positive by posting our own views of NHK and Yuzu :yahoo: without engaging with sourpusses trying to ruin the mood. :agree:

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hi all,

It's 2.44AM here but I am still too excited after today so I couldn't sleep yet.

This is my first (and hopefully not the last) opportunity to watch FS comp and Yuzu live and I enjoy it very very much!

I think we are all nervous today in arena but the energy and support during Yuzu's performance is sooo amazing.

To sum up my experience during NHK Trophy: I appreciate some skaters more, I found new appreciation to some others, and I also appreciate some skaters less.

We'd love to hear more once you've had some sleep. It must have been so exciting. --Anything you'd like to share I want to hear about.

A thread of NHK 2019 videos, LP, medals ceremony

https://twitter.com/misshanyu/status/1198249930059665408?s=20

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
Team Japan interviews will be something to look forward to. Guess what Yuzu will skate to?

Looks like Shizuka Arakawa is the host in the talk show this year. And it seems Japanese skaters are attending another press conference right now, they are busy :drama:

No info on EX yet? I can't wait!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Looks like Shizuka Arakawa is the host in the talk show this year. And it seems Japanese skaters are attending another press conference right now, they are busy :drama:

Having Shizuka award the medals to Yuzu last night was so right...it was a great moment. They smiled at each other with genuine happiness. Looking forward to the interviews during the gala.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

No one in Japan gets tired of the sound of his voice... :laugh:

He's (of course) last, and it's a looong gala with a lot of skaters. We must compose our souls in patience, as my Great-Aunt Blodwen used to say.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Congratulations to Yuzu!

The huge score difference was just mainly due to him missing the 4T-eu-3F, which itself is worth over 20 marks alone. Otherwise his performance is just as spellbinding. in fact I felt I was even more wowed by his YOLO ability this competition than I was by an almost clean Origin in SC.

Yes! We can make the thread positive by posting our own views of NHK and Yuzu :yahoo: without engaging with sourpusses trying to ruin the mood. :agree:

Sometimes you gotta wonder if certain posters spent more time on Yuzu than their own favourites. Kinda sad really.