Canada

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Scout

Final Flight
Bavarian Open started today. All 6 of Canada's Advanced Novice Men & Ladies are in the top 4 after the SP, so excellent chance at several medals tomorrow.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
As well, the junior ladies start tomorrow (with so many entries, they’re divided into two sections). Kaiya is second to go in the first section; Madeline is in the third warmup group of the second section.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am really excited to see the three Canadian men duke it out. I can't get into the ladies and I shouldn't jump the gun but hearing Joanne McLeod is coaching Emily really scares me. She has managed somehow or is a victim of bad luck to not be able to help progress Kevin Reynolds, Mira Leung and Emanual Sandu and for some reason I think sh emay have coached Nam Nguyen - all promising skaters who seem o have issues reaching their full potential Canada is really hoping the Danadians can go to worlds or there goes a spot in dance. Wow Canada could be down to 1 man, 1 or no women, 2 pairs and 2 dance. Charlie and lubov better get consistent and start challenging MTM and pass Evelyn and Trennt. internationally they are the second hope for Canada and could even help earn three spots for Canada - though to do this the two Canadian teams really have to beat the two Americans to have a decent shot at three spots at worlds. The Americans and Canadians are duking it out in dance pairs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am really excited to see the three Canadian men duke it out. I can't get into the ladies and I shouldn't jump the gun but hearing Joanne McLeod is coaching Emily really scares me. She has managed somehow or is a victim of bad luck to not be able to help progress Kevin Reynolds, Mira Leung and Emanual Sandu and for some reason I think sh emay have coached Nam Nguyen - all promising skaters who seem o have issues reaching their full potential Canada is really hoping the Danadians can go to worlds or there goes a spot in dance. Wow Canada could be down to 1 man, 1 or no women, 2 pairs and 2 dance. Charlie and lubov better get consistent and start challenging MTM and pass Evelyn and Trennt. internationally they are the second hope for Canada and could even help earn three spots for Canada - though to do this the two Canadian teams really have to beat the two Americans to have a decent shot at three spots at worlds. The Americans and Canadians are duking it out in dance pairs.

can you stop the drama please : each country is allowed ONE skater at worlds granted they have minimum TES scores.... as empty your glass is, as dark your thoughts are, Canadian skaters of each discipline will go to worlds next year

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Colonel Green always sees the glass as half full, while Skater Boy sees the glass as half empty.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
can you stop the drama please : each country is allowed ONE skater at worlds granted they have minimum TES scores.... as empty your glass is, as dark your thoughts are, Canadian skaters of each discipline will go to worlds next year

Can I just take the time out to tell you I :luv17: you 4everchan?! ;)

Scout

Final Flight
Canadian ladies crushing it at Bavarian Open: a podium sweep in Advanced Novice Ladies group #2, a silver in group #1,while Kaiya is in 2nd and Madeline in 1st after the short program for Junior Ladies. Plus, a bronze in Advanced Novice Men. :clap:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently the Bavarian Open Junior Ladies are split into Groups by performance level. Group 1 is the higher ranking group: that's easily seen by the fact that 14 out of 18 in Group 1 made the SP TES for JW, while only the top 5 of 18 in Group 2 achieved the JW SP TES.

relentlessskatemom

Spectator
Apparently the Bavarian Open Junior Ladies are split into Groups by performance level. Group 1 is the higher ranking group: that's easily seen by the fact that 14 out of 18 in Group 1 made the SP TES for JW, while only the top 5 of 18 in Group 2 achieved the JW SP TES.

Actually they are grouped by age, not level

Trillium

Rinkside

This was the best thing I read on GS today!:yahoo:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The event organizers' of the Bavarian Open have only posted an hour of today's events, for whatever reason, but what they did post includes Madeline (for those who didn't see it), second to go:

https://vimeo.com/eislaufunion

"Stranger in Paradise" gets blocked automatically by YouTube, so I couldn't post a separate video of it. Kaiya's short program is here (we've all seen this a number of times, of course).

Among the advanced novice ladies, Amy Shao Ning Yang's basic skating/performance is really nice, the best of our girls in that field.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maybe he wasn't there yet?

I was a bit worried that he may have been sick or injured, but Trennt took this snapshot of a smiling Roman with the caption "Create Don't Hate" ( :love: ), so you must be right: https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1224851376607571968

The event organizers' of the Bavarian Open have only posted an hour of today's events, for whatever reason

Oh no, that really sucks. :( Now I'm worried that Joseph's and Stephen's performances may not be archived.