Jason Brown | Page 785 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just a quick fyi that the interview that Scott Hamilton did with Brian and Tracy recently has been posted. It's a really nice interview but it's mostly a retrospective of their careers and the times that the three of them spent together in shows and whatnot. The only mentions of skaters that they coached are regarding how Rippon, Yuna, Javi and Hanyu came to come to Toronto. But there are a few mentions of Toller Cranston (!) and a last-minute appearance by Kori where she reminds Brian and Tracy that 2022 U.S. Nationals are in Nashville and they might just be coming there. ;) I guess that could be a Jason reference.

Nice relaxing interview. I enjoyed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdgu5B032I

That was a really good conversation. I knew about Tracy and Rob from a previous interview with her. And I knew that she and Brian were close friends. But I hadn't realized that Brian and Scott had as much history as they had. That was really interesting! We certainly do hope to see at least Tracy in Nashville in 2022! It would be fantastic if Brian came also. We'll see! Kori looked good! So did Scott. They all look rather relaxed right now. In some weird ways, this break has been good. It will give everyone new perspectives.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Adding on to this, Jordan announced on his On Ice Perspectices instagram that he is going to be doing interviews with skaters he has filmed and re-watching their footage and discussing skating - so fingers crossed for a Jason interview, the "I can't go on without you" vid they shot last summer was sooooo good!

Jordan is doing a show tomorrow with Madison Chock / Evan Bates and it's going to include some newly released footage. That makes me hope there's the possibility of more footage of Jason we haven't seen yet!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a quick fyi that the interview that Scott Hamilton did with Brian and Tracy recently has been posted. It's a really nice interview but it's mostly a retrospective of their careers and the times that the three of them spent together in shows and whatnot. The only mentions of skaters that they coached are regarding how Rippon, Yuna, Javi and Hanyu came to come to Toronto. But there are a few mentions of Toller Cranston (!) and a last-minute appearance by Kori where she reminds Brian and Tracy that 2022 U.S. Nationals are in Nashville and they might just be coming there. ;) I guess that could be a Jason reference.

Nice relaxing interview. I enjoyed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdgu5B032I

They spent so much time laughing together, it was pleasant to watch! And OT, but thanks for the Toller head's up:biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
That was oh, so much fun, I just watched but tomorrow I will get moving with them :agree: :hap85: He is such a great, inspirational instructor, I think he would manage to get even the most unmotivated viewer on the move!!! He should make a series out of it - my only complaint is that his cam covered only the bottom half of the screen, couldn't they use a full screen??? :p

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That was oh, so much fun, I just watched but tomorrow I will get moving with them :agree: :hap85: He is such a great, inspirational instructor, I think he would manage to get even the most unmotivated viewer on the move!!! He should make a series out of it - my only complaint is that his cam covered only the bottom half of the screen, couldn't they use a full screen??? :p

I didn't make it for the livestream, but watched a replay later. And I did the workout. I was terrible, but it was a really good workout. I am going to do it every day as long as they have it posted. He was terrific! And his family was terrific. It made it feel possible to see his parents gamely doing everything. It was so much fun and I felt energetic afterward. I think Jason should make a workout video that you can buy. I would buy it. He was so sweet when he was told Zhenya was watching as well. He was so excited. The short interview after was fun too. Later I watched Jordan Cowan's livestream with Chock and Bates (also on replay) and then Jackie Wong on Jeopardy and doing an Instagram Live after. It was a good skating world day! Also hoping Jordan does one or two with Jason. That will be amazing. Chock and Bates were mesmerized at first. Most of the skaters haven't seen the footage he takes. So it's really candid and fun. Catch all of these on replay!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I managed to save it on the phone by using the "Instake Downloader" (then I transferred it on my PC!) because I will need this in my life beyond today! I think involving his family was a great idea (not that I would have expected any less from him :laugh: ) so the mortal humans will know this was a program for everyone, not just for Olympic athletes :agree:

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I managed to save it on the phone by using the "Instake Downloader" (then I transferred it on my PC!) because I will need this in my life beyond today! I think involving his family was a great idea (not that I would have expected any less from him :laugh: ) so the mortal humans will know this was a program for everyone, not just for Olympic athletes :agree:

Including the family was brilliant! I expect that it will be available for a while, but will definitely try to figure out how to archive it on my computer. If I can get it to my phone, I can get it to my PC. Computer literate daughter is returning home due to extended unemployment caused by the current viral plague, so she can earn some of her keep by doing this for me.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this is my favorite dance yet from Elladj and Michelle's class:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAbj7ZAnkQg/

with two very different responses:

Rohene: "That was hot boy!! Especially that combo at the end!!" (good to see Rohene's exclamation point game is still strong;) )

Grant H. (on twitter) "Someone needs to cut your hair" (that's our Grant:biggrin:)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Off topic: If any of you are former or current ballet fans, New York City Ballet is streaming videos of earlier performances on Youtube. Today is the last day for Balanchine's Diamonds. They only leave these up for 3 days. What distinguishes this particular performance is that it was coached by Balanchine's original muse for the piece. Suzanne Farrell and all the luster is back in the ballet. I was mesmerized! It's beautiful! The last time I saw it live was a decade ago and it had become a bore. I recommend watching this! I was fortunate to see the ballet for the first time not too long after it was created and with the original cast. Very exciting! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47--f5Vtgv4&feature=youtu.be It's 30 minutes long.

Ross74

Medalist
Off topic: If any of you are former or current ballet fans, New York City Ballet is streaming videos of earlier performances on Youtube. Today is the last day for Balanchine's Diamonds....
Thanks, Bookseller! I am a ballet fan and I very happily watched this! :luv17:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Off topic: If any of you are former or current ballet fans, New York City Ballet is streaming videos of earlier performances on Youtube. Today is the last day for Balanchine's Diamonds. They only leave these up for 3 days. What distinguishes this particular performance is that it was coached by Balanchine's original muse for the piece. Suzanne Farrell and all the luster is back in the ballet. I was mesmerized! It's beautiful! The last time I saw it live was a decade ago and it had become a bore. I recommend watching this! I was fortunate to see the ballet for the first time not too long after it was created and with the original cast. Very exciting! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47--f5Vtgv4&feature=youtu.be It's 30 minutes long.

The Australian Ballet is also doing this!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I do not think this IGTV video of highlights from one of Jason's Winterhawks classes was posted yet?

In the last minute (as the class ends), his sweet students steal the show, although it also is nice to hear Jason speak to each one by name.

... I did link to the Figure Skating in Harlem Gala fundraiser, for which Jason was announced to be a participant. I never did see him, so I assume that he didn't do it. It wasn't nearly as well done as Open Ice ...

I repeatedly was disconnected from the server for the FSH live stream, but Jason really did participate (to a brief extent). He is in a screenshot here:

On Ice Perspectives Live has Jason scheduled for Episode 10 on May 29.