US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US Championship Series - Henderson, Nevada

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Tell Simone we say hello! :)

in the meantime, just watched Plazas/Fernandez‘s debut as a senior pair; enjoyed them at Junior Nationals last year, and still think they may have the right stuff.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I finally just signed up for Peacock Premium lol. Watched the Sr. Pairs. I agree about Plazas/Fernandez. While not clean I really enjoyed them - really lovely elements and expression!

This Stars on Ice uber fan recognized that Katie McBeath was wearing Jenni Meno's beautiful skating dress from the Both Sides Now trio number she did with Kristi Yamaguchi and Denis Petrov back in 2001 (20 years ago - can it be that long ago?! Gosh I'm getting old) Anyway, it looked great on Katie!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually have the women's skating turned on. As background, but turned on.;)

And I spy Grant Hochstein and Caroline Zhang as coaches for this skater (Caroline Harris) in the KnC. They look so cute together. :)

Kathy1

On the Ice
The "current standings" I just saw on Peacock included both ladies and pairs and was not in correct numerical order. Whoever is responsible for such an error should be let go immediately.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Allison Zheng was impressive, but needs more expression. And that cover of "Your Song", I'm sorry, no.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Talk about a cover—thats quite some version of Dream On.

Yikes. And I don't even like the original Dream On. I will say this, it's not "pretty".

Poor Bow, not a good skate for her. Jason did choreo for her, but I doubt it was that one.

Kathy1

On the Ice
Gorgeous dress for Harrell! Her jumps are a work in progress and she seemed slower than she did when I saw her live in Zagreb at 2019 Junior Worlds, but it is hard to judge speed on my computer monitor.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is that Misha Ge with Hanna Harrell? He never came to Philadelphia when she was there. :(

Kathy1

On the Ice
If Mariah has indeed switched to "Hallelujah" for her free (in which case I will be the first to shout "hallelujah" and "amen"), I would love her to skate to something bubbly and upbeat in the short like Chicago or Requiem for a Dream. Still, this is a huge improvement from her awful Gaga program and was skated well. She will obviously need to add a triple-triple at some point, but I'm sure she knows that.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad Mariah landed the jumps. and she sparkled like Mariah. And that SP is sooooo much more in her wheelhouse the voguing.

But that tinkly piano music goes nowhere.🥱

Kathy1

On the Ice
After that performance, I feel the need for a cup of coffee from Emilia’s Cafe. They appear to be open 24/7 :)
This reminds me of the last time I ate one of those chocolate covered coffee beans, except I couldn't sleep for almost thirty hours afterward! Too bad it didn't happen during a weekend with skating events broadcasting from foreign time zones. I will be away until the men begin but I hope everyone in the last group skates well and those watching enjoy!

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all. Joining in late. Thank goodness they will have an archive stream.

Just as I am leaving, but this is about all I can do for ladies. And I will never make it to Jordan and the men.

So yay stream:clap: ETA: as in archive.