2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Women's Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Nebelhorn Trophy Women's Short Program

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Gracie :ghug:

She at least did go into it with the right attitude, her smile before she started looked real. She didn´t pop hte 3Lz.

Such a shame she popped the 3Lo, that cost her a lot of points. I´m not sure if she ever considered trying to save a combo and do a 3T-combo instead?

I hope she can have a much better FS!
It almost looked like she was going to pop the lutz and then pulled in anyway and ended up both under rotating and falling on it. The loop was a much bigger miss in my opinion because she always tended to pop after mistakes unfortunately. Hopefully she can have a much better free program on Saturday. I imagine it will take a bit of competing Internationally to Get back into the swing of things. I would think she needs to decide whether doing her seminars this season is the best idea. It was one thing when she was competing Nationally but now with Internationals, she might need to put them on hold for the season. I am sure it’s tiring traveling like that and then loosing training time. Everything I’ve heard says she’s been practicing well, so hopefully this is just a bump in the road. Looking forward to watching her in the free!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Absolutely love "Killing Me Softly". Never heard that version before. But, the singer was almost as good as Lauryn Hill was in The Fugees' original.

You all know that I have a soft spot for skaters from small Feds. And Yae-Mia Neira Schärer is no exception. I was so impressed with her when we saw her last season. She has potential.

Into 4th out of 4. 😞

CaroLiza_fan

Actually, the original “Killing Me Softly” was in 1973 by Roberta Flack, aunt of figure skater Rory Flack (who was married for a time to Keegan Messing’s coach, Ralph Burghart). Both versions of the song won Grammy awards.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
During the resurfacings, I have been watching this morning's episode of "Star Trek: Deep Space 9", which I didn't get watched before the Men's SP started.

So, seeing as this is a Klingon episode, I thought that, instead of wishing them all the best, it would be appropriate to wish this to the skaters coming up:

Qapla'!

(Apologies for there being no "cheer" emoticons, but it didn't look right to have pom-poms either side of a Klingon word! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Actually, the original “Killing Me Softly” was in 1973 by Roberta Flack, aunt of figure skater Rory Flack (who was married for a time to Keegan Messing’s coach, Ralph Burghart). Both versions of the song won Grammy awards.

You're right. I had forgotten about Roberta Flack's version. :drama: :slink: (The Fugees' version was the first one I heard, as it was the one that was around when I was growing up. So that is probably why my mind thinks of it as the original).

Never knew about Roberta's skating connection. Thank you for sharing that. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

As I keep saying, it's amazing the things you learn on this figure skating forum!

CaroLiza_fan