2024 European Championships Women's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Women's Short Program

Skating91

Medalist
There is something which turns off me form Gubanova's skating. There is no personality and... perhaps what adds to this feeling is what she said during her interviews. IMHO her skating is without a soul. And I liked her a lot when she was not yet senior skater.

I thought she was brilliant, held it together, the only skater to complete all the jump elements correctly without cheating on landings or take offs. Evidently that is very difficult to do, but she achieved this.

I thought she had lovely hands and control. She has weaknesses but does well to cover them without making obvious errors.

Some people are so hard on the Georgian skaters I don't know why (not talking about you but just in general).

Skating91

Medalist
Nastya doesn't give up her title without a fight. Very impressive skate, better than I expected! :clap:
Plus when you consider the pressure she is under it was an incredible skate. She is not allowed to make a single mistake it is understood what any kind of mistake will do to her scores while seemingly other skaters have a different standard. Any colour medal will be like gold.

withwings

On the Ice
I thought she was brilliant, held it together, the only skater to complete all the jump elements correctly without cheating on landings or take offs. Evidently that is very difficult to do, but she achieved this.

I thought she had lovely hands and control. She has weaknesses but does well to cover them without making obvious errors.

Some people are so hard on the Georgian skaters I don't know why (not talking about you but just in general).
Anastasia certainly has exquisite hands since her junior years :clap:, agree. However, overall I stand for what I said earlier

Re Georgian skaters and that some people are hard on them I totally disagree. Perhaps you have misunderstood some posts.

Last edited:

Isk

On the Ice
I am not a skater so I don't know, but does anyone on here think Ekaterina was underscored?
I think she's been struggling lately. She can't do a 3T as a second jump, so for her, doubling the first jump of the combo means no combo. She's been with Lorenzo Magri for a while during the pandemic and after, and Lorenzo has not really taught anyone good technique so far.

Last edited:

Isk

On the Ice
Wow - Fantastic skate by Loena! :) She performed really well, and everything looked solid. She's a great spinner in particular! I don't love the music or the choreography where she touches the boards by the judges (Can we please ban that nonsense??), but you can't deny that she is a fun performer to watch. Her costume is flashy too.
Loena's basic layback position is not great: she does not arch her back and her foot is turned in. Her basic position looks more like an upright position with the free leg extended backwards.

Isk

On the Ice
Fantastic loooong twizzle from Emmy Peltonen in the step sequence to the music. The whole sequence is so musical. She can skate to anything, but usually skates to slow lyrical music. But she does it so well.
Also Livia Kaiser had a very good skate. She struggled last season, good to see her top the Swiss ladies this time so far.
Much stronger from Julia than I expected. But the dress is too less for me.
Anything is better than the cello costume -- that's how I look at it. :D And she is usually well-dressed.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Well done Anastasia and Nina, I have to say I don’t enjoy Leona’s skating not my cup of tea at all, although I am obviously in the minority. As the isu have already made her champion, the women’s event is my least favourite at this years Europeans, and it’s normally my favourite.