2024 European Championships Pairs Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Pairs Free Skate

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I really feel for Maria/Alexei. They skated a very clean Free Skate and the judges didn't even let them hit 130.

withwings

On the Ice
1 3Tw4 6.00 1.54 2 4 2 2 3 3 3 2 3 7.54
2 3T+2Aq+2A+SEQ q 10.80 -0.60 -2 -1 -3 -2 -1 -1 -1 -2 -1 10.20
3 3FTh 5.30 0.83 2 2 1 1 2 1 2

About the Hungarians: I had also expected them slightly higher, but if one's asking what the judges "don't like" 'm pretty sure it is the relative blandness of their program. Yes, they have the elements, but there's not that much else, and while for instance Hase and Volodin also have a rather empty program, they still make it a coherent program from start to finish. The Hungarians on the other hand do an element, than visibly regroup, and skate on to the next element. Their tension and projection gets very loose in between. So, they want their coach to ask the judges - if I was a judge that would be my answer for what they should work on first of all now. They also don't have great lines, posture or outstanding skating skills.

In general there were no really high PCS. Looking at the protocols I found the PCS adequate.
Well said. And they complain (=demand) that they deserve higher scores is rooted in something much, much deeper than not be satisfied with scoring;

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the pairs press conference video is somewhere to be found? I have heard Matteo had some quite smart answers which got the press room clapping several times.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
I seen the FS of Guarise & Beccari and was great, I seen before but didn't paid enough attention in the past .I seen it and was great, perfect. I didn't like cats music but when something is well done really is beautiful to watch also they expressed passion and was very noticeable that passion (like a true Italian) and was a theme very intense emotionally talking, they brings me memories from an Italian pairs from 2009-2010 (i don't remember their names) that was great and very creative even she made a element they called pipistrello .

Last edited:

kikakiks

On the Ice
Does anyone know if the pairs press conference video is somewhere to be found? I have heard Matteo had some quite smart answers which got the press room clapping several times.
Edit:

Looked up and found only last year’s

I would love to watch it myself, I am now very curious

Last edited:

Sk8swan

On the Ice
I seen the FS of Guarise & Beccari and was great, I seen before but didn't paid enough attention in the past .I seen it and was great, perfect. I didn't like cats music but when something is well done really is beautiful to watch also they expressed passion and was very noticeable that passion (like a true Italian) and was a theme very intense emotionally talking, they brings me memories from an Italian pairs from 2009-2010 (i don't remember their names) that was great and very creative even she made a element they called pipistrello .
And this picture tells it all 😉

Sk8swan

On the Ice
Edit:

Looked up and found only last year’s

I would love to watch it myself, I am now very curious
I got the audio of the press conference from someone who was there and well he had the press room clapping and laughing quite some times! 😄
Some of the highlights for me were when he was asked to compare his World Roller Skating win and this win. First he had people laughing when he asked for help to count how many years that was (16...he won in 2008) and then the first thing he said is that he can't compare the different partnerships with Sara Venerucci, Nicole and Lucrezia. For him there is only skating with no difference between figure skating roller skating inline skating. The way he approaches the training is the same. All the experiences he had, made the man he is now. He likes challenges and everytime he achieves one he needs to find another goal. When he switched to fs his first goal was competing in the Olympics and now he wants more. He doesn't know if he's on the right path but he's enjoying every single day of his life. I has a wife, his own apartment, his family, a good team... and a cat (laughing, because he was forgetting about the 😹)

Sk8swan

On the Ice
On a funnier note, when asked about their Cats program and if they do have cats, he replied he indeed has a cat whose name is Furia (stretching that with a laugh so I guess it's not an easy cat just like the name suggests) and then makes everyone laugh saying "I have a wife, a partner AND a cat.... All girls!" 😂
Press room was laughing again when he and Lucrezia were asked how they'd celebrate. He replied he just wanted to go back to his room and rest and drink some chamomile. Plus he's married now and has "responsabilities" 😂. He said the journalist should have asked the question to the youngster Lucrezia whose plans were "a mistery" to him, he said 😂

Last edited:

kikakiks

On the Ice
I got the audio of the press conference from someone who was there and well he had the press room clapping and laughing quite some times! 😄
Some of the highlights for me were when he was asked to compare his World Roller Skating win and this win. First he had people laughing when he asked for help to count how many years that was (16...he won in 2008) and then the first thing he said is that he can't compare the different partnerships with Sara Venerucci, Nicole and Lucrezia. For him there is only skating with no difference between figure skating roller skating inline skating. The way he approaches the training is the same. All the experiences he had, made the man he is now. He likes challenges and everytime he achieves one he needs to find another goal. When he switched to fs his first goal was competing in the Olympics and now he wants more. He doesn't know if he's on the right path but he's enjoying every single day of his life. I has a wife, his own apartment, his family, a good team... and a cat (laughing, because he was forgetting about the 😹)
Thanks for sharing!!!

kikakiks

On the Ice
I was wondering, since the good showing in general of the 3 italian couples, who would you send as 2 top couples to worlds?

My opiniom before this comp would have been Conti-Macii and the other couple who would have fared better here.

It must be difficult for the italian federation to decide now….

Sk8swan

On the Ice
I was wondering, since the good showing in general of the 3 italian couples, who would you send as 2 top couples to worlds?

My opiniom before this comp would have been Conti-Macii and the other couple who would have fared better here.

It must be difficult for the italian federation to decide now….
They have rules that create a national standing and they should send the teams to competitions accordingly. Right now it should be Lucrezia & Matteo going with Sara & Nicolò. Dunno if the federation will make further evaluation before submitting the entries. I assume all 3 pairs will be listed, one of them alternate of course, giving the fed chance to replace a team if there is any strong reason to do that.

kikakiks

On the Ice
They have rules that create a national standing and they should send the teams to competitions accordingly. Right now it should be Lucrezia & Matteo going with Sara & Nicolò. Dunno if the federation will make further evaluation before submitting the entries. I assume all 3 pairs will be listed, one of them alternate of course, giving the fed chance to replace a team if there is any strong reason to do that.
I see…thanks for the info

Personally I am not sure I would send Sara & Nicolo, they seem on a down, but they still arr the ones with highest potential to be on the podium?