2024 European Championships Men's Free Skate | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Men's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Since the recap thread isn't up yet here are my thoughts as I rewatch from the point I fell asleep:

- M. Nordeback :( It was difficult to watch him struggle, hope he gets to rise again like the Dark Knight he's portraying
- Signor Matteo was cutting onions and I don't even like his Fix You that much. So happy for his bronze and please heal and recover well :pray:
- Deniss you are wonderful but 4S+REP was just... :dbana: How were you going to get a combo in when you can't even rotate it... :dbana:
- Signor Frangipani is not good at on the fly jump math it seems (signor you lost a 3Lz) but zayak aside a good skate actually
- Sasha Selevko!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was one of the skates of his life (if not THE skate of his life) and he did himself, his team, and his country so proud 🥹🥹
- M. SHF, known for rejecting anything less than a gold medal. Whether he knew that he was going to get the gold somehow or was just YOLOing, that backflip was top tier trolling. I personally find the program too Benoit but good for him.
- M. Britschgi and his safari program. Not the best skate :( but I actually enjoyed it more than M. SHF's program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And the Polish pairs guy too

I thought Natalia Kaliszek was going to do herself an injury she was getting so excited! She was definitely the most excited of them all!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

But, who can blame her? It was a great skate from Vladimir!

And sorry everybody, but I love "Cathedrale". So, since I didn't get doing it at the time:

⛪

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
“NikolaJ meMOLEuh”? 🤔

Yeah, pronouncing the "j" at the end of Nikolaj was cringeworthy.

But, erm, that's the way I have always pronounced his surname...

Back in the days when Eurosport showed MotoGP, the English language feed had a legendary team consisting of British journalists Toby Moody and Julian Ryder as commentators, and retired American racer Randy Mamola as pit-lane reporter. And the British guys pronounced Randy's surname in a similar fashion to how Chris pronounced Nikolaj's surname. i.e. maMOLEuh

I don't know if they are right or not, but I have always pronounced it the same way as a result.

Boys but I miss that line-up! 😞

CaroLiza_fan

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Gosh, what a fun event, and can't be happier with the results! Great performances from Selevko and Rizzo, Samoilov, Reshtenko and Starostin! Amazing showing! Just wish Samoilov got his 4Lz! Litvintzev was the biggest heartbreak for me, personaly, I hope he gets more icetime eventualy. Interestung new prospect from ARM, so some of the last year's famous transfers did go through, fortunately.