2023 World Figure Skating Championships Men's Short Program | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2023 World Figure Skating Championships Men's Short Program

JimR

On the Ice
I thought Ilia should be in the lead. A few points ahead of Shoma. They killed him for PCS.

It's good to see Moris in better spirits and just get through to the free skate. He looked like he was suffering a major depressive episode at Europeans and not enjoying life at all, but the move back to Russia has made him look like his old self at least.

Messing was great, Grassl hung on at least and has something to work with for the free skate, Kevin Aymoz was exciting, Junhwan Cha delivered a flawless program, Rizzo would have been disappointed after Europeans.

16Olympics

On the Ice
A little bit up, a little bit down. Thought Ilia should have more than 100 but Shoma's score well deserved even with the double in the combo.

Jason was magnificent. Took it all in at the end.

So happy to see Kevin end on such a joyous note. Loved how he performed. Jun-way to put it together on the biggest stage. He can't be discounted ever.

I'm sad for Adam, Matteo and Sota and Kazuki. What could have been.

Daniel much better than I though he would do.

Keegan is an international treasure. Can we bottle him and spread his joy around the world?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not a perfect skate for Shomajesty, but glad he was able to do as well as he did. He's a good free skate skater, so here's hoping his ankle can hold up for that. His planned layout showed 4T-2T for the short, so good for him...Heartbroken for Adam. I love his skating. I have him on the podium in my predictions. Hope he can have a redemption skate in the free.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow. Ilia 9th for PCS. That's absurd. Rizzo got 42 for his disaster skate, Ilia 40.89.
Imagine the PCS if he had RUS next to his name. Just up from Juniors is no excuse for that low of a PCS score the judges saw him last year at Worlds and he's had a great season so far and how many times did we see the Russian girls get ridiculous PCS by the time of Worlds in their 1st season in Seniors?

Kris135

On the Ice
A little bit up, a little bit down. Thought Ilia should have more than 100 but Shoma's score well deserved even with the double in the combo.

Jason was magnificent. Took it all in at the end.

So happy to see Kevin end on such a joyous note. Loved how he performed. Jun-way to put it together on the biggest stage. He can't be discounted ever.

I'm sad for Adam, Matteo and Sota and Kazuki. What could have been.

Daniel much better than I though he would do.

Keegan is an international treasure. Can we bottle him and spread his joy around the world?
I agree about Ilia score. He should had much higher scores than he got. He should be in the lead. Uno had a mistake and his content was lower as well. The scores that Uno was given were a bit too generous, but being that he is the world champion and that it is Japan that may skewed the marks a bit. But basically I am happy with the results..
Skate Canada really needs to sit down with Keegan after the season because he is starting to get the scores that can lead to world and Olympic medals this is someone you want to keep around for a long as you can..Ask Keegan what it would take to for him not to retire after this season because they need him more than they know. Conrad did not even qualify for the free skate and that who Canada is planning to bank their hopes on. Really? Skate Canada he basically blew up in the long. Four Continents he was decent. Now he blew up in the short at worlds. Canada should figure out a way to do better! Keegan is a international treasure that I want keep active in the sport to the 2026 Winter Olympics let him retire after being one biggest stage possible as his send off.