2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Free Skate

Lissy

Medalist
A sold out crowd, multiple clean and fantastic performances--I feel like we're back to the golden age of figure skating when I attended Nationals annually, wore my Talbot's best for the women with two strands of pearls, and still had my original hips.
I just wish the USFSA was smarter about advertising on social media. I brought up nationals this week to friends and colleagues who all keep up with sports and like skating but had zero idea it was happening. This shows there is an appetite for skating to be popular and social media isn't being utilized enough

Lissy

Medalist
Iirc from her interview yesterday, Lindsay only started jumping again last week and wasn't expecting big things from nationals and was just happy to be there

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
That would have been a European bronze medal score this year. It was a great skate, but I'm not sure it was a European Championships medal one. :unsure: Some of the scoring has seemed rather generous.
GIRL BYE. With that skate she should win Europeans. Europeans was terrible.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I so want everything to come together for Lindsay. Talent wise, she should be going to worlds. This wasn't a disaster by any means but she should be fighting for the top spot . . .

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m love Sarah’s jump. Such spring on all her triples. There is something special going on at the Malin camp. Such good technique. Send her to Junior Worlds please!!
We need to start sending these girls to Ilia's dad because he teaches correct jump technique and it gets tiring to see Tammy's skaters as talented they are not able to rotate their jumps. I know Tammy has been a favorite of the USFS but enough of that nonsense start getting these girls to the best coaches.

Last edited:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Oh dear - a rough skate for Lindsay! She did pretty well considering her recent injury, but she's going to fall in the standings with those errors. I want to like her skating, as she has some lovely qualities, but I just find that her performances leave me cold.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
We need to start sending these girls to Ilia's dad because he teaches correct jump technique and it gets tiring to see Tammy's skaters as talented they are not able to rotate their jumps. I know Tammy has been a favorite of the USFS but enough of that nonsense start getting these girls to the best coaches
They show Ilia in audience watch the women.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't think Lindsey is fit yet. :( I wonder if she will WD from 4CC to give herself time to heal properly. She is probably out of contention for Worlds now anyway.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She skated quite well considering she only started jumping last week..

Also, the commentator is so incompetent..

After Lindsay’s skate… Lindsay Thorngren still to skate….
How do some people get their jobs?