2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Free Skate

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Amber wins but i can't remember the last time a US Ladies champion backed into the title like this maybe Ashley over Gracie in 2013. She's still unreliable and the US won't be getting that 3rd spot back with her and Isabeau if she's picked.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Me too but it will not happen. Remember though Ava is going to. 4CC:s and that competiion if she does well could make worlds selections interesting.
Well maybe Ava might have won this title.... what's better really as an American woman skater ??? getting a somewhat good placement at 4CC considering Japanese and Korean skaters or winning the national title... I wonder.

rain

Record Breaker
Well Amber wasn't perfect, but she did enough. I thought between the two programs she was the deserved winner. I'm so pleased for her.

And great for the couple of young skaters who did so well!

But I think people have to remember how much less pressure they had on their shoulders than Glenn, Levito and Thorngren. Skating as a young kid when you have nothing to lose is much, much easier than under the weight of expectations.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Honestly, I am proud of Amber. She used to give up. There was a moment where I saw her totally give up for one second and then say NO I'm not going to quit. She stayed in it.
I'm really sad for Isabeau. I'm not knowledgeable about jumping, but the way she leans and raises her vack leg so high to jump just doesn't seem sustainaable secure.