Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Skaters on Team Japan

0 Not allowed!
    Nobu's crying moment was funny enough but then there's Evan Lysacek's face

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ioanap View Post
    Nobu's crying moment was funny enough but then there's Evan Lysacek's face
    when I saw that yesterday I needed to go get my inhaler because that face almost killed me it's not often that I laugh so hard that my lungs hurt

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Nobu is indeed the best personification of "cry" in Kiss & Cry

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
    I wish that for him, too. Not to mention he is a 3 time Olympian along with all of his "firsts" for Japan's Men's Figure Skating. I hope one day he is able to see what the rest of us clearly see. Thanks so much for all of your knowledge. I look forward to all of your snippets of information.
    Yeah Daisuke should be proud of himself. He wasn't expected to be a world class figure skater when he first started the sport, and look at him now! So many FIRSTS for Japanese Men Figure Skating, including the first Asian World Champion!

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Miki Ando is in the North Pole right now. She posted in her Instagram about spinning in -40 degree. So cool!
    http://instagram.com/p/odQERoF_AQ/#

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Hello, dear team Japan fans!

I am asking for a bit of help from you. What exactly music (aka from which scene, does it have a special title etc. etc.) from Swan Lake was Mao Asada using for her 12/13 FS? I'm curious, because I need HQ sound for this music and I'm too tired to watch all the ballet to find the exact ones. I wonder if you can help me.

I need specifically the music which starts in this video about 2:00, 2:52 and 3:27 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3zf0D3M1sk )

Thank you in advance! : )))))

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Miki Ando is in the North Pole right now. She posted in her Instagram about spinning in -40 degree. So cool!
    http://instagram.com/p/odQERoF_AQ/#
    It was awhile ago. it aired on the tv last sunday, so they probably went there 2 weeks ago.
    nevertheless, it was crazy spinning in north pole!! certainly never know anyone doing it before

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskateobasan View Post
    It was awhile ago. it aired on the tv last sunday, so they probably went there 2 weeks ago.
    nevertheless, it was crazy spinning in north pole!! certainly never know anyone doing it before
    A TV program? I though it was a photo shoots like the one Arakawa did her Bauer on the iceberg a few years back. http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...aqpo1_1280.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    A TV program? I though it was a photo shoots like the one Arakawa did her Bauer on the iceberg a few years back. http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...aqpo1_1280.jpg
    the tv program called itteQ, every year they have this calender-making project, so every month they asked some of their regular members (or plus guest) to go somewhere and they will use it for the cover of the calender.
    so yeah, it is a part of photo shoot but they sure won't waste the chance to record their "journey"
    I watched it last Sunday and she did the spin for like 10 seconds while the waiting time itself was like 8 hours or something because the storm just suddenly started when they arrived.

The one that Arakawa did also for the same tv program project. I have a feeling that they will ask Mao to do the same thing, maybe next year, or maybe the year after :D

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskateobasan View Post
    The one that Arakawa did also for the same tv program project. I have a feeling that they will ask Mao to do the same thing, maybe next year, or maybe the year after :D
    Let's hope it will be next year then.

0 Not allowed!
    Miki just posted this on her instagram

http://instagram.com/p/o70-g3F_IN/

0 Not allowed!
    Since no thread on Fantasy on Ice (Jun 7-8 @ Makuhari, Japan) has been created so far, let me allow to drop my quick thoughts on the show, which was aired on TV tonight, here.

The one who stood out the most for me tonight was Stephane Lambiel. His artistry is simply 'divine'.

You guys may not believe me, but the skater who made my jaw was Nobunari Oda by skating to Adios Nonino. While his jumps are still so Nobu (=airy), his skating was very expressive, passionate and even sexy! Oh man, I've never dreamed the day would come for me to use a word 'sexy' when talking about Nobu. Ever since Nobu moved up the the senior after winning 2005 Jr Worlds, I have been waiting and waiting year after year Nobu would some day stretch his range of his skating style/programs/music choices... What a shame, a huge shame indeed that he already retired. Hope some one will soon upload his tonight's performance on YouTube. Who was the choreographer, btw? Stephane I am wondering, because choreos were very Lambiel-esque.

Haruka Ima is the one to watch out in the new season among the current J skaters! She's debuted her SP (Malaguena vocal version). She was, how can I say?, so not-Haruka! I used to see Haruka as a skater soft, lyrical and feminine, like Mao with Chopin music. But tonight she was fierce I loved it! You will be surprised to see this new Haruka: a completely different skater from her old-self.

Stephane, Daisuke and Johnny all fascinated me a lot. As expected. Their body language while skating is still to die for!
    And the honorary mention of the night is Philippe Candeloro. At age 42 he can do back-flip, and what is more, he still can obtain huge fan-girly screams! This dude is amaging.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    ^ Check this one out deedee, some kindhearted soul posted some Fantasy On Ice 2014 videos http://www.dailymotion.com/user/hana02014/1

I haven't seen the others yet. Thanks for your account, that got me mighty interested in seeing the other clips.

0 Not allowed!
    deedee1, I was just about to post these videos here! I was really impressed with Nobu too. And Stephane, and Haruka, and Daisuke... I haven't finished watching them all yet because Hiromi Go's singing was too distracting. I'm a bit disappointed with Yuzuru but I think he was just having a bad day. I'm really looking forward to seeing Haruka on the podium the coming season

Some videos from tonight's FaOI performances.
    Haruka Imai
    Kanako Murakami
    Nobunari Oda

Not Team Japan, but these videos should be linked here as well.
    Stephane Lambiel
    The Water
    Grieg piano concert in A minor
    Johnny Weir
    Nagada Sang Dhol

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by foruiz View Post
    ^ Check this one out deedee, some kindhearted soul posted some Fantasy On Ice 2014 videos http://www.dailymotion.com/user/hana02014/1

I haven't seen the others yet, thanks for your account. That got me mighty interested in seeing the other clips.
    Oh, you beat me to it!
    I think/hope hana02014 will upload the rest of the videos too.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you deedee1 for your thoughts and foruiz, mikaboo for the links.

I'm very excited about Haruka Imai, I really hope she gets good results next season.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Team Japan being Team Japan
    http://instagram.com/p/o9v4vrl_M4/

Medalist

0 Not allowed!

Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast