Skaters on Team Japan | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Skaters on Team Japan

ioanna

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I agree. I hope he wins the Jr. World title this year and can jump in to seniors at full-strength. His debut year at seniors will be exciting!

GermaricanMix

On the Ice

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I agree. I hope he wins the Jr. World title this year and can jump in to seniors at full-strength. His debut year at seniors will be exciting!

He is indeed following the projectile of Yuzuru when he debut to senior and challenge Daisuke, Oda, Kozuka etc. Great that Yuzuru already acknowledged the rising of Shoma and Sato, and it is heartening to see the way he is guiding Shoma at the gala probably going like dude you are going to do more gala next time lol. Wish there are more places/quota of Japanese men to Worlds and other competitions.

Last edited:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I'm thinking with so many prestige retired skaters such Dai, Mao, Oda, Akiko; JSF overwork their competitive skaters for ice shows. These guys such as Machida Yuzu, Shoma, Mura etc. should be rested or do one or two shows only...save them for the competition.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm thinking with so many prestige retired skaters such Dai, Mao, Oda, Akiko; JSF overwork their competitive skaters for ice shows. These guys such as Machida Yuzu, Shoma, Mura etc. should be rested or do one or two shows only...save them for the competition.
That's JSF for you. :slink: I mean... heck, why don't they let the one who are still competing rest?
It's not like Dai, Mao, Oda, Akiko... aren't doing shows anymore. In fact they have more time for shows now. :disapp:

ioanna

Record Breaker

The skaters you mentioned have also been overworked when they were still competitive. They used to attend as many ice shows as the generation of today.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
The skaters you mentioned have also been overworked when they were still competitive. They used to attend as many ice shows as the generation of today.

I realised that. I'm thinking JSF should stop this vicious cycle and learnt from Machida getting tired due to travel/studies/shows, Hanyu ice shows/events that caused him to be behind in training this season etc. Furthermore, I read fans missed Dai, Mao (sorry wrongly said she retired), Akiko etc. and since they have rested for a year they can start doing the shows for the summer and rest these competitive skaters. Plus I gathered that Dai and Mao can attract more spectators as they have big loyal fans. Then when Machida/Hanyu etc retire they will take over to do the ice shows instead of overwork Shoma/Sato etc.

Just my 2 cents becoz looking at other countries skaters seem they are more fresh as season starts than the Japanese

ioanna

Record Breaker
I realised that. I'm thinking JSF should stop this vicious cycle and learnt from Machida getting tired due to travel/studies/shows, Hanyu ice shows/events that caused him to be behind in training this season etc. Furthermore, I read fans missed Dai, Mao (sorry wrongly said she retired), Akiko etc. and since they have rested for a year they can start doing the shows for the summer and rest these competitive skaters. Plus I gathered that Dai and Mao can attract more spectators as they have big loyal fans. Then when Machida/Hanyu etc retire they will take over to do the ice shows instead of overwork Shoma/Sato etc.

Just my 2 cents becoz looking at other countries skaters seem they are more fresh as season starts than the Japanese

Dai has already said he plans on quitting skating altogether for at least a year so he won't be coming back for the summer ice shows (with good reason) and Mao doesn't usually attend the likes of Fantasy On Ice or Friends On Ice. Nobody helped solve this issue for almost a decade and they probably didn't like Mao and Dai's decision to skip ice shows from now on.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
LOL "Hanyu binding cord" let's try to decipher that :laugh:
And while we're at it, "Tanaka Criminal" and "Machida Tree"... o_O

Most of those "translations" are pretty funny... but I especially like "true people tree village" and "no good takashi people" :-D

Looking forward to Japan nationals - last year was an epic and emotional roller-coaster... so many skaters (especially ladies) gave amazing performances. This year could be just as epic, although I gess not so emotional since Olympic places are not riding on it.

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Sending my best for Kana for tomorrow... come on girl!

Oh the Drama!!!!! Kosuka in third and Machida fourth (DICE still to go) what would JSF do? Punishing Kosuka again for "picking" only on nationals or send Machida who was have has a better GP season? at this point I think MACHIDA would thank a chance to focus in his tesis.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Sending my best for Kana for tomorrow... come on girl!

Oh the Drama!!!!! Kosuka in third and Machida fourth (DICE still to go) what would JSF do? Punishing Kosuka again for "picking" only on nationals or send Machida who was have has a better GP season? at this point I think MACHIDA would thank a chance to focus in his tesis.
Thank? :confused: