Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1476 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The Minister of Sports Oleg Matytsin about Zhenya:
"I am very happy, and it is a great honor for me today to launch together with you the ambitious project "Sport is the Norm of Life", which is part of the most important direction that is being implemented in the Russian Federation, "Demography".And I am very glad that the first ambassador of this project will be our famous athlete, a charming girl - Evgenia Medvedeva, the winner of the World Championships, the silver medalist of the Olympic Games, and most importantly, a person who loves sports.
Zhenya is a person who gives people the opportunity to enjoy sports and love not only figure skating, but also to love an active lifestyle.
I know that Zhenechka came today with her mother. And this is doubly valuable, because I am sure that sports should be a part of family education. And family values should be the basis for the development of our country, its stable development. And when people like Evgenia are ambassadors of this project, it instills confidence in us. Therefore, I wish all of us good luck, joy and present this Ambassador's certificate № 1 star of our sport, Evgenia Medvedeva."

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
The Minister of Sports Oleg Matytsin about Zhenya:
"I am very happy, and it is a great honor for me today to launch together with you the ambitious project "Sport is the Norm of Life", which is part of the most important direction that is being implemented in the Russian Federation, "Demography".And I am very glad that the first ambassador of this project will be our famous athlete, a charming girl - Evgenia Medvedeva, the winner of the World Championships, the silver medalist of the Olympic Games, and most importantly, a person who loves sports.
Zhenya is a person who gives people the opportunity to enjoy sports and love not only figure skating, but also to love an active lifestyle.
I know that Zhenechka came today with her mother. And this is doubly valuable, because I am sure that sports should be a part of family education. And family values should be the basis for the development of our country, its stable development. And when people like Evgenia are ambassadors of this project, it instills confidence in us. Therefore, I wish all of us good luck, joy and present this Ambassador's certificate № 1 star of our sport, Evgenia Medvedeva."
Is it just me or from all russian female skaters zhenya is the one that is having the most of such things like, official training for sponsors, like official ice skating training /workshops, to ambassador for the olympics to now this. Seems she is very well liked in those circles.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Fluture

Record Breaker
№ 1 star of our sport, Evgenia Medvedeva."

I have no objections whatsoever. :yahoo:

Also, have I mentioned that she looks great? I also love how she handled the “will you compete next season?“ question. A gentle nod that the questions were actually supposed to be about this event only but that she‘ll gladly answer anyway. Then a respectful but no-nonsense answer that’s straight to the point and thus hard to spin out of context. Smart.

Is it just me or from all russian female skaters zhenya is the one that is having the most of such things like, official training for sponsors, like official ice skating training /workshops, to ambassador for the olympics to now this. Seems she is very well liked in those circles.

Well, I think that might be because she‘s proven before that she can handle this kind of responsibility and is up to speaking in front of a crowd. I mean, they sent her to the Olympic Committee to plead for their cause, they wouldn‘t have done that with everybody. Zhenya‘s also one of the “older“ figure skaters, she‘s mature and grounded, not to mention one of the most well-known faces of the sport. She‘s just a great candidate for these kinds of things.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
According to RusFed every Russian skater has to do two Russian Cups to qualify for RusNats
https://twitter.com/seed_unnie/status/1291353131582922752?s=20

"In accordance with the "decision of the Bureau of the Executive Committee of the Russian Federation of Outdoor Ice Skating, selection for the Russian Championship and the Russian Championship will be ONLY based on the results of participating in two stages of the Russian Cup:

18-22 September 2020 Syzran
10-13 October 2020 Moscow
23-27 October 2020 Sochi
08 -12 November 2020 Kazan
05 December-08, 2020 Moscow

In connection with the requirements of:: Rospotrebnadzor, admission to participation in the stages of the Russian Cup will be limited.

The country's skaters will be admitted to the 3rd stage of the Rostelecom Cup Grand Prix:

18 - 22 November, 2020 Moscow

The Russian Championship will be held in Chelyabinsk from 23 to 27 December 2020."

I guess Zhenya will be stuck in Russia all season long.

Last edited:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh wow.

So if she‘s stuck at two very crowded Russian Cup Events, she risks not even making it to Nationals? That‘s... not good.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Oh wow.

So if she‘s stuck at two very crowded Russian Cup Events, she risks not even making it to Nationals? That‘s... not good.
I think if she goes clean she will do fine, i mean she probably wont face 3a, alina, and liza tuktik all together in one of these events, and if clean others shouldn't be a problem . Only mabye if the juniors like kamila are there too, but then again i doubt she would not get i to rusnats

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So I have now seen some Russian people on Twitter say that attending Rostelecom Cup is not a must ? Some say differently, I am confused. Which means if indeed Zhenya can skip Rostelecom Cup and instead can go to Skate Canada, Zhenya could attend the Russian Cup in Syzran in September and then the one in Moscow in December and therefore could travel to Canada in between if borders are open. However, I don't know how the assignment for the Cups will work so maybe she has no choice in choosing. Also she would only have 2-3 weeks of training between the Russian Cup and SC due to quarantine, so at this point I don't know what is better, staying or leaving for Canada.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This statement is not correct. It does not say that Rostelecom is a requirement for anything.

It's all so confusing it's ridiculous.

As someone posted in the Russian ladies thread Evgenia probably won't go back to Canada until early 2020.

On a side note I hope she's not having to pay monthly rent for an apartment for her and her mother when she might be 10 months or a year between even being there to live and train.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Not in Canada.

Yes .. but no man is a island ... and the same goes for the countries .. even if you can go 1 or 2 month with close borders ..after a while even with covid you have to open because of the economy ... you have to adopt or test or quarantine

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes .. but no man is a island ... and the same goes for the countries .. even if you can go 1 or 2 month with close borders ..after a while even with covid you have to open because of the economy ... you have to adopt or test or quarantine

Canadian border is not completely shut, never has been, but is restricted. I just answered "not in Canada" top indicate that Canada requires 14 days of self-isolation and does not accept test results as a replacement for isolation. I think there are too many false negatives to make negative results reliable.

Of course, things do change over time, and test may become more reliable. But that's the current requirement.

Maia96

On the Ice
Could someone take away my doubt? The only time I saw the Russian Cup was the 2019 final in which zhenya participated.
I don't usually follow the stages of the Russian Cup and I don't know how it is classified from it for the nationals. Is it similar to GP or is it different?

I understand that B competitors generally participate to reach the nationals. But this time the best ones will be there.

On the other hand, I'm waiting for the distribution of stages. If last year at GP Zhenya met Trusova both times (which at that time was considered the strongest of the 3A), now I can already imagine who she will meet in the stages of the Russian Cup.