Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 999 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I think the problem here is that during her transformation from last year until now, her rotation speed has suffered, and since the height is the same, UR happen. I hope that they can sort it out in the summer, I really don't wanna see her follow into the footsteps of Sotskova.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia is a fighter. She will concentrate and make full rotation. And she is working hard on the Lutz, that's why she does do many practices of a jump she does only once in 2 programs. I have total faith in her.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I also got nervous with this practice [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]
I really hope everything works fine tomorrow. But I also agree about people overreacting about her lutz and not giving attention to others. Alina’s lutz yesterday was absolutely flat, and yet everybody wanted to deny it. If it was Zhenya’s, the whole world would be talking shit like “she’ll never improve”, “orser is a terrible coach”

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
She also said something about adding tanos and rippons to her jumps only two weeks ago in practices, that could be part of the reason for her underrotations

skatingfan200

Medalist
Thank you. Well, from the way her body moves, the 3S-3Lo looks clear UR. But she landed it, so that‘s good. I just worry because she‘s been URing it most of the time during run-throughs. But maybe I‘m too pessimistic and she‘ll show us tomorrow! I‘d be very happy with that indeed. :)

I would not say clear UR by the 3S3lo. 2A3T looks good.

I don´t see the pessimistic view by some users here about her rotation in general.

Watch

Final Flight
Welcome to page 1000, everyone! Let's stay optimistic!

I mean, I know we're all worried, but watchig Men's SP just now reminded me once again that everything can happen and expectations are useless :laugh: I believe in Zhenya!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I mean, I know we're all worried, but watchig Men's SP just now reminded me once again that everything can happen and expectations are useless :laugh: I believe in Zhenya!

I'm on page 1999. My setting must be different. And I believe in Zhenya. :)

grey19

On the Ice
Ugh, I am nervous and can't wait at the same time. And also already missing competitions and waiting for test skates in September.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I would not say clear UR by the 3S3lo. 2A3T looks good.

I don´t see the pessimistic view by some users here about her rotation in general.

I think the UR was pretty obvious even though we didn‘t see the feet, the way her body torked was telling. 2A-3T has been looking good, I hope she can keep this up.

I think the problem here is that during her transformation from last year until now, her rotation speed has suffered, and since the height is the same, UR happen. I hope that they can sort it out in the summer, I really don't wanna see her follow into the footsteps of Sotskova.

I don‘t think she‘ll follow into the footsteps of Sotskova. She doesn‘t UR that often, usually only when she‘s tired by the end of the program or does new combos. Or, of course, when she‘s nervous in competition. I think they can and will work on that. Remember, Brian said it takes one year. And still she‘s here at the Worlds. I think that‘s great.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I think the UR was pretty obvious even though we didn‘t see the feet, the way her body torked was telling. 2A-3T has been looking good, I hope she can keep this up.

I don‘t think she‘ll follow into the footsteps of Sotskova. She doesn‘t UR that often, usually only when she‘s tired by the end of the program or does new combos. Or, of course, when she‘s nervous in competition. I think they can and will work on that. Remember, Brian said it takes one year. And still she‘s here at the Worlds. I think that‘s great.
We have to remember that neither she or the team nor us have thought that she would be going to world's after RusNats. So for her to be here after this up and down season is a success.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Love your new Avatar. :thumbsup:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
He has only two of the four lutzes she did noted as (e). Does that mean the others were fine or just unclear? Or did he just not see them clearly enough? The 3Lz-3Lo is impressive but I‘m pretty worried about the 3S-3Lo. I don‘t think we‘ve seen it cleanly in a run-through yet, have we?

Most of them she's done this week have been clean though? There's nothing to be concerned about, in my opinion. We know she has occasional UR now, as most skaters do, but her practices have been really great this week. I think she's as prepared as she could possibly be at this point. She may or may not have an UR or 2 in competition, but that's just the condition she's in right now, she will get better over time

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

Super cute avatar!