Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 997 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

grey19

On the Ice
to sneak in a bit more positivity in here (because i really am happy overall with how the short turned out) — i think this may be one of the best skates i’ve seen from her in terms of the all-around package. expressive, attention to detail (especially in the beginning, her arm movements felt extra delicate, omg). the jumps looked much better here than even at russian cup final imo, especially her axel. spins have improved. the confidence is there. the fight is there. she’s really breathtaking. i’m not saying it was her BEST SKATE EVER OMG, but in my humble opinion it actually was one of her strongest sp outings, at least from what i can remember.
Thank You for positivity! You actually made me think about her best performance ever to date. Of course, it's just my opinion, there are so many to choose from. To me, it was her FS at WTT 2017. She was so light, like above the ice. Jumps, performance, everything just came together.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that Tosca will become a masterpiece. She should keep it for next season and she will get 80 points for it. And she showed mental toughness when the flip didn't feel right she still landed the 3T. She looked amazing to me. And I know I will rewatcb this performance. :)

melodramaonice

Rinkside
Thank You for positivity! You actually made me think about her best performance ever to date. Of course, it's just my opinion, there are so many to choose from. To me, it was her FS at WTT 2017. She was so light, like above the ice. Jumps, performance, everything just came together.

that’s a great one!! and it IS a historic record, after all. :’) probably my favorite aside from her olympic anna karenina and her 2016 worlds free, though the WTT is probably the strongest out of all of those. 😍

bubblecherry

Final Flight
^ oh no, definitely not her best ever. but definitely the best of the season, and for me personally, one of the most sincere and touching short programs i’ve ever seen from her. 😳☺️💕

"Most sincere and touching" is a great way to put it. To be honest, I loved most of her free skates in the past, but not her short programs as much. As soon as I saw tosca, I loved it, and by default I thought it may become my favorite short program of hers. There's a sincerity and newfound maturity to Tosca that's just really special to me. To get a bit more sentimental, I also think Tosca represents her truly starting to find herself in her new life and finding who she wants to be :') I really, really love Tosca and I'm so happy she was able to perform it so well here.

hello, here is an interview with zhenya from the ISU youtube channel. her english has improved so much 😱 and i will admit i got a little choked up listening to her talk about how she’s happy.

https://youtu.be/CYy-X3YukMo

Wow I’m always so happy to watch her interviews. She is the cutest. I’m also glad to hear that she is ready for the free! Just seeing her happy makes me happy

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
While I have to confess I still feel Liza should have gone, I'm a big fan of Zhenya's and want to congratulate her on her SP! She really put the fire into Tosca :) It's great to see how she's improving this year and isn't going down without a fight.

I hope she skates the lights out in the FS!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Now that the season is over, I'm a bit sad that it went how it did. I keep having What-if scenarios in my head, and the biggest one is "What if the media & people didn't go crazy over her moving to Canada/changing coaches?" and I think we would've seen a somewhat normal Zhenya. But alas, there's a silver lining and so we got Tosca!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Now that the season is over, I'm a bit sad that it went how it did. I keep having What-if scenarios in my head, and the biggest one is "What if the media & people didn't go crazy over her moving to Canada/changing coaches?" and I think we would've seen a somewhat normal Zhenya. But alas, there's a silver lining and so we got Tosca!

We might have seen a normal Zhenya but she said these setbacks were important for her. We wouldn‘t have seen her grow above herself after failed performances. The season wasn‘t optimal, it was a bad season by her standards even. But I think it helped her learn and grow. And I‘m proud of her for doing that, for rising above herself. Honestly, I would have preferred a calmer season, too, simply because it was so hard to see her fail and be sad. But she said herself that these failures and troubles were important for her growth. So, I‘m not sad at all. I just hope she can end the season on a positive note. And the SP was the first step towards that.

LynsJ

On the Ice
I’d love to see her keep the tosca music now the season has ended on a sp high. Working on higher tech content in the off season and using music she is familiar skating too might be great for her. I think we haven’t seen the full potential of tosca for her! I’d also love to see misha choregraphing her free next season! [emoji7]

Watch

Final Flight
hello, here is an interview with zhenya from the ISU youtube channel. her english has improved so much �� and i will admit i got a little choked up listening to her talk about how she’s happy.

https://youtu.be/CYy-X3YukMo

Aw, great interview and it's so good to see her so genuinely happy with how it went. I'm praying to the figure skating gods that we'll get to see the same spark in her eyes after the FP.