Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ah, shame about the spin... it looks so difficult; they stumbled on it in ArOI as well. But, it's not a very common problem(like the sbs jumps!), so I'm sure they'll make sure to get that next time(reminds me of the invalidation of the sbs spins at 4cc last season, ha). Gorgeous throw and twist as always, and especially love that they nailed the sbs 3t! The stsq is amazing.

Yes the throw was a true beauty!

veneresplende

Rinkside
They said in the press conference that they might not do the throw quad tomorrow, depends on whether their condition is good enough or not apparently.

s_parks

Record Breaker
They said in the press conference that they might not do the throw quad tomorrow, depends on whether their condition is good enough or not apparently.
Lynn Rutherford talked to zhao before the sp and he said the practice is early so yeah, they may not do it.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
that damn spin again :bang: and it messed with their timing for the rest of the program but i just loveeee the program, that GEO+3 throw!! and i still believe they will win SA! :cheer:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
She looks like a woman now. I love the sp despite the mistakes they had. And I hope they'll win SA.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congrats Sui and Han for winning skate America! I believe this is their first GP win :cheer:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congratulations! So thrilled for them. Wenjing is a queen but I really want to give a lot of credit to Han as well. It must not be easy throwing and lifting and jumping after arriving in Milwaukee relatively late(I do think they should've sent team china a bit earlier to wear off the jet lag)! And doing all that when you're barely taller than the lady- the Chinese could really teach other countries how to handle height problems(not sure if they'd be willing to share that secret, though :p).

tulosai

Record Breaker
Very happy for them! Wonderful skate too, their program is just totally amazing :love::cheer:

firal

Record Breaker
They were wonderful, super glad that they won! He had obvious mistakes on bot days, but still they are coming up to become my favorite pairs team. I was sitting in Starbucks beside Sui after they won but I was too shy to say Congrats. :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
They were wonderful, super glad that they won! He had obvious mistakes on bot days, but still they are coming up to become my favorite pairs team. I was sitting in Starbucks beside Sui after they won but I was too shy to say Congrats. :)

Lucky you could see them live!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Here is a nice icenetwork article on the pairs press conference! I wanted to highlight this nice part:

"At first, my partner was like my big brother; he was the leader of our little team," Sui said through a translator at the press conference. "I really appreciate how he helped me, and led me in the competition and the training. Right now, our relationship is more an equal partnership. We are getting much closer."

Then, Sui brought the house down, while causing her partner to flinch a bit.

"I do want to make it clear we are not dating," she said firmly.

:laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
First GP win, w00t w00t! :cheer: (Yes, I'm going to be sprinkling my late celebrations all over the forums now).

I know Cong Han would've preferred to redo that salchow (so uncharacteristic of him--I don't think he's messed it up that badly before), but he'll take it, I'm sure. :laugh:

Sui's eyes at the beginning were so intense. I just knew she would slay. :love:

Also, don't call her the queen. She's the king, remember? (WTT)