2015 US Nationals TV and Webstream Schedules | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals TV and Webstream Schedules

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, this is good news. As long as my internet connection holds up, I should be able to live-stream NBC Nats in good quality.

Will continue to explore/test a couple other streaming services, just to have other options available.

I can also 're-broadcast' the events after the live portion has concluded, as well.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, this is good news. As long as my internet connection holds up, I should be able to live-stream NBC Nats in good quality.

Will continue to explore/test a couple other streaming services, just to have other options available.

I can also 're-broadcast' the events after the live portion has concluded, as well.
:bow:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Sure, if you don't mind. I don't like playing my own stream while live-streaming, since it can cause additional bandwidth and possibly affect the live-stream quality.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was watching...just a bit lagging from time to time but mostly quite good. I was watching Anna's performance.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm currently using a higher-quality setting than I used last night. Is the sound synced properly? Anyone else seeing any performance issues?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm currently using a higher-quality setting than I used last night. Is the sound synced properly? Anyone else seeing any performance issues?

The sound was properly synced. The video got choppy sometimes but I was able to see the whole performance without problems.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just thinking the same thing. It's hard to capture a fast-moving sport on a stream, but you really notice how great the quality is during the commercials. :laugh:

Newbiespectator -- I suspect having to go through a VPN may cause issues? What do you think so far? Ustream or Twitch?

Yes, when I turned the VPN off, it got much smoother. Both Ustream and Twitch work well...I can't really tell the difference. :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for the feedback, all! Especially StitchMonkey for the frequent updates and screenshots, very helpful.

I dropped the stream for a few seconds to adjust quality, but the Men's event is up now.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So far it seems Twitch has been less work for you. My vote is what makes your life easier.

There's no difference for me on my side. It's just as simple as literally clicking a button now.

The biggest frustration is just trying to determine which quality setting I can stream reliably at. (Still playing with quality settings, so you may be seeing the stream drop at times, usually during commercials.)

Edit: re-posting link -- GS fans - US Nats 1

Last edited: