2024 U.S. Nationals - Where Are You Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals - Where Are You Watching?

skatingguy

On the Ice
So people from Mexico, and the Carribean, and Japan, are they accessing the event through Peacock, or through another streaming service or broadcaster?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I note that some of the entries are marked World Feed. Is it possible for those outside the US to watch these segments, and if so, how? (If you know—asking on behalf of a friend in Canada)
No idea, i just identified them. How strange and sad that they are one of the only Nationals closed to the world.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So people from Mexico, and the Carribean, and Japan, are they accessing the event through Peacock, or through another streaming service or broadcaster?
Seems like Peacock

IMG_2276.jpeg

skatingguy

On the Ice
@Seven Sisters , @TontoK says there is a live stream with Adam and Ashley streaming to Japan, Mexico and the Caribbean. Odd selection of countries, but with a VPN it should be doable.
The issue is that if they're accessing the livestream through Peacock then a VPN is not sufficient because you need an American credit card to sign up for Peacock. It's not clear to me how someone in Japan is accessing this world feed, because I don't believe they can get access to Peacock.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The issue is that if they're accessing the livestream through Peacock then a VPN is not sufficient because you need an American credit card to sign up for Peacock. It's not clear to me how someone in Japan is accessing this world feed, because I don't believe they can get access to Peacock.
I think we need someone needs to follow Sarah Hughes, Adam Rippon or Ashley Wagner for further direction on how to access this? I don't do X or any social media so someone else will have to try.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How strange and sad that one of the most important Nationals is closed to the world.
Imagine if US tennis/soccer/hockey did not allow their games/matches broadcast to the world.
It is out of touch with the world and a missed opportunity for additional funds.
Perhaps Peacock should consider an international division? Same content, different access.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to So You Want to Watch Figure Skating

HOW TO WATCH
Be careful of security on unofficial streaming sites. We are not responsible for these streams; we only provide the links. Many streams for major figure skating events, including the ISU Youtube channel, have geographic restrictions. In order to access streams, you can use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to change your IP location.
Fan streams: The following fan streams may show the competition; check when the events are on: 主播花花 (This stream is available worldwide.) This is the QQ stream!
USFSA: The US Figure Skating Youtube channel will livestream the novice competitions and senior press conferences.
Peacock: Subscribers in the USA can watch the junior and senior competitions live with Peacock Premium. Replays will be available for 72 hours after each event. Peacock will also livestream the senior practice sessions.
NBC Network: NBC and USA Network will air parts of the senior competition on TV. Schedule in EST:
  • 1/25: Pairs’ SP 2:00PM (USA, live); Rhythm Dance 5:00PM (USA, live? 30 min in); Women’s SP 8:00PM (USA, live? 45 min in)
  • 1/26: Men’s SP 4:00PM (USA, live? 45 min in); Women’s FS 8:00PM (NBC, live? 15 min in)
  • 1/27: Free Dance 2:30PM (NBC, live? 40 min in); Pairs’ FS 8:00PM (USA, live? 25 min in)
  • 1/28: Men’s FS 3:00PM (NBC, live? 15 min in)
  • Official streams: NBC, USA Network (geoblocked, TV provider info required)
JSports: Japan’s JSports on Demand will livestream the senior competition. JSports 4 will air the senior singles competitions live on TV.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you are an international viewer, please flood Peacock with requests for the International Feed so they get an idea how many of us there are that want to watch. Maybe will some numbers we can change their minds.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

You can pay for Peacock with PayPal. It is $5.99 a month. You can cancel anytime.

And PayPal accepts clients from over 200 countries, and let's you send currency to different countries. With that an a VPN, you may well be able to watch.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think we need someone needs to follow Sarah Hughes, Adam Rippon or Ashley Wagner for further direction on how to access this? I don't do X or any social media so someone else will have to try.
I think the SarahHughes11 that posted is not Sarah Hughes the OlyGold Medalist. Sarah Hughes the skater goes by SarahHughesNY...here is a link to her X account: https://twitter.com/sarahhughesny?lang=en SarahHughesNY doesn't seem to use her account any longer since the last thing I can see is from February 2022. I'm not on X so I can't see much beyond what I've posted here.

I think, maybe, that the World Feed will be Adam/Ashley for the entire competition and the tile which does not indicate World Feed will be Tara/Johnny for the TV/Cable broadcast.

I sincerely regret that Peacock doesn't offer the U. S. Nationals to our international fans.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really wanted to see your Nationals again this year (despite what happened). Last year was the first (and only time so far) that we got to watch your Nationals in the USA.
Skate Canada has been putting domestic (and international : Autumn Classic and Skate Canada) competitions on Daily Motion for several years. If I am not mistaken, nothing is geoblocked. During the events, the livestreams are also available directly on the Skate Canada website.
The archives live on the Daily Motion page.

I sometimes go an rewatch things from years ago. I also like to watch the archives of events I have attended live. Different perspectives.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the SarahHughes11 that posted is not Sarah Hughes the OlyGold Medalist. Sarah Hughes the skater goes by SarahHughesNY...here is a link to her X account: https://twitter.com/sarahhughesny?lang=en SarahHughesNY doesn't seem to use her account any longer since the last thing I can see is from February 2022. I'm not on X so I can't see much beyond what I've posted here.

I think, maybe, that the World Feed will be Adam/Ashley for the entire competition and the tile which does not indicate World Feed will be Tara/Johnny for the TV/Cable broadcast.

I sincerely regret that Peacock doesn't offer the U. S. Nationals to our international fans.
The Sarah Hughes11(NOC -Not Olympic Champ Sarah Hughes) is the one who works with Adam & Ashley on their podcast "The Runthrough" and who also works as producer for NBC with Tara & Johnny. That is why I picked NOC as she is associated with Adam & Ashley and is the likely producer for the World Feed.

I listen to the Podcast on the way home from work so I know the difference between the two Sarah's. I am not sure if Sarah Hughes NY has much to do with skating broadcasting at all.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Sarah Hughes11(NOC -Not Olympic Champ Sarah Hughes) is the one who works with Adam & Ashley on their podcast "The Runthrough" and who also works as producer for NBC with Tara & Johnny. That is why I picked NOC as she is associated with Adam & Ashley and is the likely producer for the World Feed.

I listen to the Podcast on the way home from work so I know the difference between the two Sarah's. I am not sure if Sarah Hughes NY has much to do with skating broadcasting at all.

Thanks for the info. I don't think Sarah Hughes (OLY) is much involved either. I wasn't aware that Sarah Hughes11 was involved with producing for NBC. I still question the accuracy of her info. I still don't know how fans will watch the Peacock stream without being able to set up an account. I really wish they would just open the streaming up so fans from anywhere could set up an account and see it all.

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
yeah not impressed with sarah hughes 11 fact checking at all -- the podcast always is rife with errors, I was lowkey embarrassed for them on their latest Euros recap. also she gave me some unwarranted attitude in the ladies room at SkAm. not impressed.