2015 NHL Playoffs | Golden Skate

2015 NHL Playoffs

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The sport that is like a family member (maybe one you love or maybe one you hate) has come down to the final 16 teams facing each other in best of seven series match ups for one of the oldest and most celebrated prizes in all of sports. The Stanley Cup. Anyone else enjoy the beauty and carnage that is ice hockey and the greatest event the sport has to offer.

The first games start tomorrow :cheer:

I have one thing to say.....Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

Last edited:

Lilli

Rinkside
I am cheering for the Ottawa Senderellas! They have been on fire for the last 2 months.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well, after blowing a glorious opportunity to win Game Four 2-0 in the final minutes, and then losing in overtime, the Red Wings have a shot to recover the series in Game 5 today.

Lighting candles for the Wings... :drama:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, after blowing a glorious opportunity to win Game Four 2-0 in the final minutes, and then losing in overtime, the Red Wings have a shot to recover the series in Game 5 today.

Lighting candles for the Wings... :drama:

They rely too much on Datsyuk. My second favorite skater from Yeketeringburg :biggrin:

Go Wings!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It says there is going to be hockey on my TV soon. In half an hour. Live? I don't know what game or who's playing, but I'm working on attempting to learn some rules.

I know Max likes the Red Wings, so maybe I'll go for them :)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Red Wings just went up 4-0 in the final minute of the game. Going back to Detroit with a chance to win the series! :cheer:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Guess I'll flip over to the Blackhawks game now... what is going on here? 5 goals already and there's still a lot of time to go in the 1st period? :eek:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We have Flames and Canucks. Lots of red flashy lights? I don't think the game has started yet.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Canucks are 3-0 up already with ten minutes to go in the first period.

One poor dude just got a stick in the face. They keep saying he's okay, but I swear his nose was not that shade of red/purple before.

Also, plenty of these hits seem rather unnecessary.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Pro hockey is a brutal sport. It's common for players to receive stitches or even lose teeth from getting hit by a puck/stick, and head right back on the ice to keep playing the game within minutes.

Also, seeing players carried off the ice by stretcher isn't entirely a rare scene, either.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't Brenden Smith get hit in the neck with a slap shot last game and come right back out less than five minutes later? :eek:

The best though IMO is creative plays that fool people and and look so simple. Datsyukian Dekes.

I play hockey myself and strive to play just like him:love:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The best though IMO is creative plays that fool people and and look so simple. Datsyukian Dekes.

I play hockey myself and strive to play just like him:love:

Who wouldn't? ;) He almost single-handedly powered Team Russia through the Sochi Olympics.

Maybe you already tried this -- ask Siri "who is the magic man?" :laugh:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have come to two conclusions so far:

1. Wow, Max's skating is really really good when you consider that THIS was his background

2. Wow, Max would never have been big and burly enough for this!