2016 Four Continents: Feb 16 - 21, 2016 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents: Feb 16 - 21, 2016

OniBan

Final Flight
4CC Tickets are free. Just need to book them online and arrive the arena 30 minutes before each event (official website wrote 60 minutes earlier in Chinese version) to get tickets.

I already booked my tickets. Hope I will see WP and HB there.

like a total n00b, before reading this forum I never knew 4CC tickets are free ^^;;;

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
AFAIK Taipei is the only place tickets have been free. As for queuing outside on the day of the event, I think we can expect long queues for the Men's comp. Hanyumania, you know :)

Last edited:

OniBan

Final Flight
So THAT's why the men's events tickets were the first to go! (aside from the exhibition). Hanyu brings all the girls (and guys who plays for the other team) to the yard!
I was always partial to the ladies' event and booked those before going to the men, and noticed that soon after the men's fs tickets were sold out, the men's sp tickets were out too XDD

So 4CC tickets anywhere else aside from Taipei are not free? That's interesting.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wow. Tickets are already sold out???
Every time i see 4 continents from chinese taipei,not inly is live coverage very very hard to find, usually seats are empty.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Wow. Tickets are already sold out???
Every time i see 4 continents from chinese taipei,not inly is live coverage very very hard to find, usually seats are empty.

Not all the tickets were sold out. Only 2000 tickets released during the 1st stage/period were fully booked.
Actually, Taipei Arena is a quite big arena with a capacity of 15000 seats. Considering the online ticketing is provided in 3 stages, each stage with 2000 tickets releasing, it means less than half of the total seats would be booked via online ticketing. So what about the rest of the seats? Even with part of the rest to be offered to relevant attendances or even local viewers, it is highly doubtful that the arena will be jam-packed, esp. for the week-day competitions, and also depending on the eventual line-up of the competitors.

knorrngonngon

Rinkside
Useful info, thank you :) I thought we had to line up as soon as we can to get the physical/ printed ticket even though we booked them online, in order to get seats. But it's nice to know we don't actually have to.
(and hello!! Welcome to the forum!!)

First figure skating competition goer here too! Kinda nervous about doing this, but very excited as well.
I hope I can get the men's fs and exhibition tickets once the 2nd stage booking is out :)

Thanks! Since I only booked for the first day (February 18) so I'm looking forward to grabbing some for the men's event and the exhibition on the second stage too.

OniBan

Final Flight
Thanks! Since I only booked for the first day (February 18) so I'm looking forward to grabbing some for the men's event and the exhibition on the second stage too.

I hope you'll get the tickets you want! ^_^

Out of curiosity, who else is flying in from out of Taiwan to attend this? :) I'm coming in from Malaysia.

Jaycoolza

Rinkside
Hello everyone,
I ve just booked all tickets i want on this second round and I start to wonder about how to get good seats on this event. I didnt go to previous 4cc in taipei so I totally have no idea and since tickets are free it even worries me more about the seats I ll get. Anyone have any clue? please help!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Hello everyone,
I ve just booked all tickets i want on this second round and I start to wonder about how to get good seats on this event. I didnt go to previous 4cc in taipei so I totally have no idea and since tickets are free it even worries me more about the seats I ll get. Anyone have any clue? please help!

First of all, according to the official website, there's actually a discrepancy of the (English and Chinese) terms about ticketing. In English, it says 'Seating numbers will be printed on the tickets.' But in Chinese, it says 'please sit in the zone according to the assigned zone printed on the ticket, and the seat is based on 'first come, first serve' bases.'

According to the previous experience attending 4CC, the tickets were not assigned with seat number per se. Only coloured zone/area was printed on the ticket.
(Please refer to the seating map of Taipei Arena here: http://english.arena.taipei/ct.asp?xItem=46054557&ctNode=63615&mp=12203B)
In other words, if the event will be running as how it was previously, the tickets you get will be assigned to 'Red 2E' zone, 'Purple 2B' zone...etc. But it will not be assigned to a specific seat within that zone. There will be staffs checking the ticket at the gate of each colour zone. So in the end, it's still a 'first come, first serve' -based seating.

From the maps of Taipei Arena provided above, the venue arrangement would possible go like this:
ALL the 'Red/yello/blue/purple' Zone 1 cannot be seated -- these are the working areas for judges, staffs, competitors, K&C..etc.
Purple zone 2: best seats, because these are behind the judges (purple 2C are saved for ISU related ppl)
Red zone 2: opposite to the judges
Yellow zone 2: where the K&C will be at
Blue zone 2: a bit further, but in between Red/Blue zone 2 is where the competitors enter the ice
(I've never been to yellow zone 3 areas but I think these seats on the 3rd floor are just too far away from the ice, unless anyone prefers watching from above...)

Finally, the above are just based on past experience, and may not go with the 4CC this time around. Hope these will be helpful!

OniBan

Final Flight
Holy dingamoley, tickets for gala and men's event went FAST. I got in around 2 am to get an extra ticket for a friend (forgot to check it earlier), and they were ALL gone @__@

shyne

Final Flight
The tickets are free of charge and apparently the men's event is already sold out?

From what I understand, tickets are free when 4CC is in Taipei because the event is listed as non-profit. The organizer also get the permission to use the venue free of charge. If they start selling tickets, much more paperwork is involved and most of the profit goes to renting the venue. Not sure if 4CC is free when hosted by other cities.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Local news (in Chinese) release re. 4CC2016:

https://tw.sports.yahoo.com/news/四大洲滑冰賽-日迷入侵小巨蛋-095537061--spt.html
http://www.chinatimes.com/realtimenews/20151216003685-260403 (the title of this news entry is kind of misleading though)
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151216-00000010-ftaiwan-cn (in Japanese yahoo headlines)

In summary, it's a general announcement of 4CC 2016 to be held in Taipei. The CT-FS Secretary General, Eddie Wu, states that the CT federation plans to invite skaters incl. Yuzuru Hanyu, Mao Asada, Patrick Chan and others to participate in the competition. For the (free) tickets, most of the tickets were requested within 20-min to 1hr from the point of releasing. Over 65% of the tickets requested was from overseas, and most of these from Japan.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Cross posting from Japan Nationals Thread
Thanks to NMURA

Four Continents Championships

Men: Uno, Mura, Tanaka
Ladies: Miyahara, Asada, Hongo
Pairs: Suto/Boudreau-Audet
Ice Dance: Muramoto/Reed, Hirai/Asuncion

OniBan

Final Flight
Cross posting from Japan Nationals Thread
Thanks to NMURA

Four Continents Championships

Men: Uno, Mura, Tanaka
Ladies: Miyahara, Asada, Hongo
Pairs: Suto/Boudreau-Audet
Ice Dance: Muramoto/Reed, Hirai/Asuncion

SO SO HAPPY to see the Men and Ladies lineup!!! Shoma Uno! And I love all the Japanese ladies listed above!! :love:

OniBan

Final Flight
So since I'm counting down to Taipei now, and am making online research about the place..
Any Taiwanese on this board who can give a gauge on how cold it would be in Taipei in February? And any recommendation on places to go/ avoid as a first timer to Taipei? :D

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
So since I'm counting down to Taipei now, and am making online research about the place..
Any Taiwanese on this board who can give a gauge on how cold it would be in Taipei in February? And any recommendation on places to go/ avoid as a first timer to Taipei? :D

It is hard to say how cold it will be... I would say it will be 10-15 degrees Celsius during day time at the coldest, unless there's a harsh cold front hitting the island.

The National Palace Museum is a must-visit :thumbsup:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It is hard to say how cold it will be... I would say it will be 10-15 degrees Celsius during day time at the coldest, unless there's a harsh cold front hitting the island.

Agree that it's just too early to make any prediction re. weather. Also, it depends on where you're from: if you're from the colder weather, you might find it warmer here, if from tropical, it can turn out to be colder.
So far it has been a warm winter weather here in Taiwan. Some other points to consider are:
1. it could possibly get colder around the time before/after Chinese lunar new year; PLUS -
2. when the harsh cold front does hit, compounding with RAIN, it CAN feel colder than the actual temperature measurement (so it's smart to always have the umbrella with you around). Also, the other thing is that we don't use heaters indoor, so sometimes you also need to dress warmly indoor.
3. the arena will, of course, be cold as expected

So for clothes, I'd recommend: dressing in layers, have a water-proof jacket, also better with water-proof shoes, should work for cold rainy Feb weather in Taiwan.

Adding places to visit (in Taipei): Taipei 101, night markets, 24-hr bookstores.....