New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I am always willing to help, just say what is needed.

That said, I prefer to adopt skaters that I am either in contact with or met, to keep the OP´s updated and a bit more interesting than the basic Wiki that everyone can find. That´s why I didn't pick any Asian skaters yet, my language skills and contacts there are pretty much non existent sadly :(

Fins, Germans, Americans, Canadians, Russians I am more firm with and know where to get information or contact them. Dutch, Swizz are fine too ;) I offered my help with Adelina, but not sure if needed.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38493-Adelina-Sotnikova

Mrs. P is the current OP owner. If she is OK with your taking over, I am OK.

We also need someone to adopt the following in your desired groups:

Patrick Chan CAN
Adam Rippon USA
Angela Wang USA
Alexei Krasnozhon USA
Nathalie Weinzerl. GER
Keegan Messing. CAN
dancers Beichler & Dodge USA

and of course Javier Fernandez ESP speaks English as does Australian Brooklee Han, who lives in the US, and Denis Margarlik of Argentina who lives in Canada

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, I had forgotten I started Adelina's fan fest thread! There are some awesome hard core Ade fans who probably should take it off my hands. :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Nathalie should be no problem, lots to say about her and ya if you don't find a "hardcore" fan, I can do Adelina as well. I remember writing an article about her after Sochi, was quite fun, but I got a lot of hate for it... :drama: from the hardcore Yuna and Caro fans :D

She was my top bet for Sochi and she won, what an amazing two skates there by young Adelina. We also still have a practice session coming up, where she wants to teach me some stuff :laugh2:

Javi, I would never touch his OP, there are so many girls who love him, I am sure they do a much better job there. The other skaters, except Brooklee and Patrick I don´t really know well, not saying I know much about Patrick either, only saw him twice I think, but felt he was skating very well.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Oh gosh I actually did an intro post for Adelina! It should be on around the 45th-55th page in her fan thread (Web version)

Weathergal

Medalist
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?38493-Adelina-Sotnikova

Mrs. P is the current OP owner. If she is OK with your taking over, I am OK.

We also need someone to adopt the following in your desired groups:

Patrick Chan CAN
Adam Rippon USA
Angela Wang USA
Alexei Krasnozhon USA
Nathalie Weinzerl. GER
Keegan Messing. CAN
dancers Beichler & Dodge USA

and of course Javier Fernandez ESP speaks English as does Australian Brooklee Han, who lives in the US, and Denis Margarlik of Argentina who lives in Canada

I had just popped in here to tell you I'd adopt Keegan Messing. And here's your post! I had gone looking for his fan fest earlier this evening and realized there isn't one yet. I just have a few things to put in now but will be adding to it throughout this week and as the season progresses if that's OK.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I can't believe Patrick doesn't have an organized, detailed OP. He's one of the most successful skaters :sad46:

I've recently adopted Roman Sadovsky & Vincent Zhou, but I would not mind updating Patrick's Fan Fest as well! He is one of my favorites, after all :luv17:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I can't believe Patrick doesn't have an organized, detailed OP. He's one of the most successful skaters :sad46:

I've recently adopted Roman Sadovsky & Vincent Zhou, but I would not mind updating Patrick's Fan Fest as well! He is one of my favorites, after all :luv17:

I think like has been said above sometimes why the most successful skaters don't have OP's is because it's SUPER hard to find and organize all the information, even if you make a conscious effort to limit it to the most relevant information.

For instance I 'adopted' Mao about 2 months ago. Since then I have spent at least 3-4 hours updating or researching to try to update her OP (and this was with help from a few other posters in her thread), but in truth it is still woefully inadequate for a skater of her stature/career/history. This past weekend I adopted Ashley Wagner, who is less intimidating than either Mao or Patrick but has had a long career and much success in her own right. It's hard to say for sure how much time I spent on her OP since I did it in a lot of 10 minute chunks between other things but probably also at least 2-3 hours and it too is definitely not as done as it should be, though (partly because a lot of the relevant info for her is in English not Japanese) I did get further with her more quickly than with Mao.

So basically to really thoroughly create an entire and genuinely OP for a skater with a long and successful career, including the most relevant interviews and taking time to analyze also what info should not actually be included, I think you're probably looking at a minimum time commitment of 3 hours but likely more, especially if they are from a country where skating is popular but the language is not one you speak. A lot of people just don't have the inclination (or in some cases the time itself even if they truly did have the inclination) to devote to this, and I think that's understandable.

I do think people should know though, especially if creating a new thread for a skater, if they don't have the time or inclination to keep it up the staff will help, and I think it's better to have the thread up and running even if you can't really keep it up than to not have the thread at all. I have actually been trying to keep my adopted kids threads updated but often I'll pop in and see Doris in particular but sometimes also another mod has added something, for which I'm really grateful. So I don't think people should let the fear of needing to keep a thread updated stop them- when push comes to shove that isn't a necessary part of adopting someone.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Although the mods do get stretched rather thin during the season, so quick update assists. will generally be given in a spotty fashion by us, but we do try to help.

I do think it is better to have something rather than nothing at all which is why ai willnmake a quck thread for this team at CoC that I have never heard of

Yue ZHAO / Xun ZHENG CHN
SD Waltz: La Valse Champagne by Patrick Doyle, Polka: La Polka de Paris by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Marina Zueva, Oleg Epstein, Massimo Scali
FD Je suis malade by Lara Fabian; choreo by Marina Zueva, Oleg Epstein, Massimo Scali

As far as I can tell, this will be their first international competition, although they have been to Chinese nationals three times.

This took 2 hours because although there is nothing in their bio to speak of, I was able find a few vids and 2 undocumented competitions they were in, plus scores from two of the nationals.

Chinese info is hard for me.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...e-Cong-amp-Zhuoming-Sun&p=1270101#post1270101

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
@tulosai, thanks for giving me an idea of the timeframe it takes for more experienced skaters. And thank you for putting so much effort into Mao's FF (another of my favorites :hap10:)!

I'm still willing to adopt Patrick if that's okay.

tulosai

Record Breaker
@tulosai, thanks for giving me an idea of the timeframe it takes for more experienced skaters. And thank you for putting so much effort into Mao's FF (another of my favorites :hap10:)!

I'm still willing to adopt Patrick if that's okay.

You are very welcome :) I am not in charge of this but definitely hope it is okay for you to have Patrick! It would be amazing to see Patrick with a better OP and I know you'd do an amazing job!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hooray! I am just thrilled to have anyone work on Patrick's OP. Post it in this thread and I will copy it over. The owner of Patrick's OP is still an active poster, so I don't want to change ownership without discussing it with him.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Doris if and when you get a chance can you post a complete list of skaters who do have a thread but need an OP or who desperately need an OP update? I know Mrs. P kind of started a thread on this in the edge, but it was super general and did not list where help was needed. Perhaps others would volunteer to at least pull together at least a little something, even if not a comprehensive 3 hour post, if they knew who was actually in need if that makes sense.:hap10: