2023 JGP Budapest Women's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Budapest Women's Free Skate

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Well I made it. I watched all the 38 skaters, almost 6 hours, was working during pauses and must now continue working for a couple of hours - I am my own employee at my secondary job so it does not matter when and where I work. This is is enough FS for this weekend. Next weekend only Thursday (I am going to a hockey match on Saturday and not home at whole weekend) and week after that Finlandia Trophy live for Friday and Saturday. No time for dance any more. See you sometimes.

skim1001

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I would love to see Jia just do something different while she's still in Juniors. But hey, if it ain't broke I guess

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Most replays up in rewatch, except for last group (to follow). There are also some skates in the rewatch for Nebelhorn as I find them posted.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I got the podium correctly, and I'm just choosing to ignore that I certainly didn't get 4th and 5th anywhere near to "correctly" 😂
You're still doing better than me, I betted on the wrong Japanese girl - I put Haruna in 3rd 😭
At least Ayumi is still giving me 10 points. As for 5th place I got it completely off as well 😂

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm late with this, but for those interested: sneak peek of crowns intended for Ladies.
PS. Jia was MAGICAL. This program has 'IT'.

20230923_175525.jpg

Skating91

Medalist
Judging a little strange. Got tough on edge calls for flips in the short, but very lenient for edge calls on lutz jumps in the free. I just want some consistency is all.

Shin's victory was not in doubt though (although her lutz and flip were borderline at best), but certainly affected results below her.

Kim had a problem with her lutz however looking at the scores it looks like they surprisingly dinged her, but then with her 3F+2T+2Loop the 2T and 2Loop not rotated at all. Close to 0 GOE but still these aren't close to correct jumps.

Sherry Zhang very entertaining for sure and a hope for the future, but high components despite many big errors throughout the program. At best both lutz jumps had a not clear edge but not called.

Shibayama edge not clear with her lutz also, but the judges were very harsh with some skaters for their flips in the short. I'm scratching my head a little. I might watch the ISU instructional video again I'm no expert afterall. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: chz

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I saw the flower crowns on a Facebook picture from the ISU JGP and asked aloud if Beatrice made them. Came here and got the answer, lol. What a lovely job and I hope the skaters loved them.
:), your truly :laugh:
I'm jazzed. By the emotions. So many of you here are cheering for this silliness, so many other folks who I was with in the arena, strangers asking about those crowns. And to see junior skaters being such polite, good sports about them, putting them on makes my old heart skip a beat.
But they need this kind of recognition, awarding them for their efforts in the way I can do it.