Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 239 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

LRK

Record Breaker
Posted by Liza:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvl_VSgH7JZ/

She writes:

It’s always my pleasure to arrive to Japan. Even more greater to see blossom of sakura- symbol of beauty and transience of time. And even more greater that my final start of the year will be right here, in beautiful Japan ����❤️ #lizatuktik #tuktamyshevaelizaveta #figureskating #starsonice2019 #japan #sakura #japantour

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
So, Lambiel had a birthday. Got me thinking, wouldn’t it be nice if he does Liza’s choreography for next season?
I really think she deserves better programs.

LRK

Record Breaker
He has done her choreo in the past. She's had any number of choreographers - that's not the issue. The issue is that any choreo she is given is then "Mishin"-ised, so to speak.

Well, I don't know, maybe that's what makes her feel comfortable. (shrug) I'm quite resigned to this by now. I just hope she gets something that suits her and that she is happy skating to.

LRK

Record Breaker
Interview:

https://fs-gossips.com/elizaveta-tu...rld-championship-otherwise-it-will-break-you/

Some passages that especially struck me:

"I looked at myself in the mirror, admitted that I didn’t have a model figure, that I was small and with shapes, and learnt to be happy with who I am. Some may not like it, but this is not my business. All comments are nothing if you respect yourself."

And:

"You have a rough career, after the serious victories in 2012–2013, you results were far from the best. What happened?

– Transitional age, the Olympic season, the responsibility broke me. The breasts and hips began to appear, I put on weight, and every gram was felt on the ice – it hit me. I constantly thought about competitions, set myself an impossible task. Therefore, 2014 was a failure for me. I overreacted, it seemed to me much more serious than it actually was, I was overthinking. Because of this, I have such a strange career – everything goes from your mind. When I missed the Olympics, broke my leg, flew out of the national team, I realized that it could not be worse. It helped me to let go of the situation and start enjoying what I have. And then the time to feel the taste of victory again has come. I went to the ice and wasn’t afraid that something wouldn’t work out. It’s very difficult to maintain this ease – after that season I didn’t have it for three years. You need to constantly motivate yourself, to feel who you are and what you can. At the same time, it’s impossible to perceive every competition as a World Championship – otherwise it will break you."

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Liza. I'm still bitter about her not being sent to the World team, and so it was nice to see her get such a redemption here. That was by far the best she skated that program artistically, and of course, the jumps were great as always. Regarding the free, if she's really planning two 3As then I'm excited, but it's a little sad that she'll likely be sacrificing the entire beginning of the program just to set up for those jumps (FYI I love her FS this season so it's disappointing). Anyways, I hope she can carry her momentum onto the free!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Liza's today's 3A was the strongest I've seen from a lady so far (in my completely subjective view :) ).