Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 245 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
I confess I'd much rather see Liza in the green dress for her FP. IMO, that dress would suit the FP music much better. Glamorous Roaring Twenties and all that--it's the perfect look for her.

:)

EDIT: Or do I mean the Fabulous Forties? Either way, wow!

Last edited:

LynsJ

On the Ice
I really thought she presented this so much better than it’s last outing. The choreography was sharper and she looked more comfortable.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I really thought she presented this so much better than it’s last outing. The choreography was sharper and she looked more comfortable.

You thought right, it was miles better. I don’t get the scores, ridiculous judging!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
In the same way that PCS judging attached to reputation helps benefit skaters with a good track record in that department (regardless of whether they turn out a lacklustre performance on the day), I'm a bit afraid of it working in the reverse way on Liza...

In today's SP there was very significant progress in choreography and interpretation (transitions not bad either except the 3A which is understandable) but I don't think that is clearly reflected in the scores. I wonder if the judges mentally rifle through their memories to the average PCS marks she got last season and just write those down within the first few moments of the performance...

medoroa

On the Ice
I wonder if the judges mentally rifle through their memories to the average PCS marks she got last season and just write those down within the first few moments of the performance...

I think they do. Not as a conspiracy theory or to say judges are totally incompetent, but the regulations say that if one judge gives GOE or PCS too far removed from the other judges, then this judge will have to explain themselves after the competition and might be reprimanded. On one hand this is a good thing since it will detect intentional cheating. On the other hand, in conditions like that it's quite human to subconsciously give a score based on "my best guess of what all the other judges gave so my score won't look out of place".

Anyway I thought Liza's choreography and performance here was MUCH improved compared to when she premiered this music, and the bit before her lutz fit the music perfectly! Gave me chills. Thank you Mishin for switching back the music -- next time he throws out a piece of music, he should at least have the decency to not reveal that to the public and make it harder for the skaters.

Globetrotter

Medalist
You thought right, it was miles better. I don’t get the scores, ridiculous judging!

Liza Tuks is my secret fave among the tsarinas. After watching and rewatching and several more times, I that the only area she is underscored is for her 3Lz. That was gorgeous and deserved more GOEs. Where Liza lost a lot of points were her non jump elements. PCS wise, her PE, IN and CO were about right but. I think Papa Mishin and her were aware she will never be much of a PCS darling. Her SS is noticeably weak. I really think that is the one aspect of her skating that really did not improve over the years. The other Russian girls in general have lots of TR but not really that great in SS either, except for Trusova and especially Kostornaia whose glide and flow for a young senior is awesome. If Liza polishes up her SS, her PCS will really go up as it will allow her to interpret more complex choreo.

onrsvm

On the Ice
Country
Turkey
She executed three 3A’s, but her total score is about to 213. This is unacceptable for me. In this event she was waaaaay underscored by the judges. She tries to improve her technical skills and also presentation, but I think that judges should encourage her not to demoralize. I hope she will execute clean programmes İn GP circets. Love her 💕