Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Martin Bidar

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't get posting this earlier because of a power cut for the whole of my town. So apologies for that.

The Pairs SP at Junior Worlds will start at 18:45 CET (17:45 GMT) today. So, just under 2 hours from now.

Entries / Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/wjc2016/index.htm

Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/wjc2016/wjc2016_JuniorPairs_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

Anna and Martin will be the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] couple to go. So, the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] couple in the final group, Group 4.

They are due to start their SP at 20:48:00 CET (19:48:00 GMT)

But that may change if any of the skaters on before them withdraw.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANNA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Anna and Martin at Junior Worlds I

From my report,

Currently leading with 64.71 are Anna Duskova and Martin Bidar. For me, they have excelled everything they did so far! If you consider how shaky they were a few months ago, I would have never guessed that they would have a shot on the medals and now they are about five points in front of Anastasia Mishina and Vladislav Mirzoev with 59.50 points.

As for Anna and Martin, they absolutely skate at the limits for me. Limits, in regards of what you can gain and perform as a juniors pair. As example, they skate very close to each other and at the edge of the ice, they are very well aligned and find each others hands flawlessly while going in hold. If you look at their lift, look how he puts her on the ice, sideways, behind his back! Both are so close to the end of the ice there and he even dares, to not look at what he is doing with her and yet, it´s super soft and gracious.
These two have improved most of all junior pairs that I saw this season, not just because of their current first position, but the whole program looks ace to me. They are indeed super talented and admired by the senior couples. Well balanced and present, huge smiles and difficult entries and exits make this sympathetic pair from Prague so charming and it shows, that you can achieve a lot with strong will and confidence, it´s not all about the money, but so much more about the heart! I am sure that they can play a role in future, also at senior level.

Pl.
Name
Nation
TSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SS
TR
PE
CH
IN
Ded.
-
StN.
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
CZE
Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV
RUS
Renata OGANESIAN / Mark BARDEI
UKR
Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT
RUS

janav

On the Ice
I invite y'all to compare the 2016 and 2015 JW version of their SP. It's the same program yet it's so evident how much they progressed. And that's what I love about watching juniors - just one year makes a whole world of difference! Congrats to them and best of luck in the FS!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I invite y'all to compare the 2016 and 2015 JW version of their SP. It's the same program yet it's so evident how much they progressed. And that's what I love about watching juniors - just one year makes a whole world of difference! Congrats to them and best of luck in the FS!

Right. I will do that. Because, with the way skaters normally change their programmes each year, it is not often that you get the opportunity to do this.

But, it'll not be now, because the first MotoGP practice session of the year will be coming on soon.

So, now would probably be a good time to let you know when you will be able to see the Free Skate.

The Pairs FS at Junior Worlds will start at 19:00 CET (18:00 GMT) today. So, 3 hours 30 minutes from now.

Entries / Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/wjc2016/index.htm

Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/wjc2016/wjc2016_JuniorPairs_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

Anna and Martin have the start number 13, but they will actually be the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] couple to go because an earlier couple have already withdrawn. But, Anna and Martin are still the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] couple in the final group, Group 4.

They are due to start their SP at 21:11:10 CET (20:11:10 GMT)

But that may change if any of the skaters on before them withdraw.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANNA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!

:bow: :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Absolutely delighted for them!!!

I'll post more after I watch the podium ceremony (internet froze at the start of the interview, and had to restart the computer. So, I'm playing catch-up at the moment)

CaroLiza_fan

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
That is a fantastic achievement! Thank you, and many happy returns, Anna and Martin! :clap: :dance: :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Still hasn't sunk in yet!

Here is a video of the routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uejYqjScCE

And here are the Results and Protocols:

2016 Junior World Championships FS Results

2016 Junior World Championships FS Protocols

I have to be honest, it was not a perfect Free Skate. There were a lot of times when they were doing things that should have been synchronised, but they were out of sync. And there was what looked like an aborted lift right at the start.

I admit, I was worried as to whether it would be good enough to keep them in the lead until the end.

But, much to my surprise, it actually achieved a new Personal Best score for the Free Skate! :shocked: Which, combined with the PB they scored in the Short Programme, gave them an overall PB as well!!! :points:

You can't do better than that! :agree:

Here is a video of the podium ceremony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6WBmZIlVI0

:cheer: WELL DONE ANNA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

So proud!

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. Again, I've already updated the Original Post! That's how happy I am with how they got on!

Layback11

Record Breaker
So so thrilled for Anna & Martin! Junior world champions! :cheer:

Breaking up Russian podium sweeps in style since 2015 :cool:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Congratulations Anna and Martin

What a wonderful performance by these two, congratulations!

From my report,

Fun, are of course also Anna Dushkova and Martin Bidar and following them throughout the season has been an absolute joy for me. These two have made gigantic steps this year, at the start so many falls, three or four in a single program and now this, two perfect programs without any mistakes at Junior Worlds and they were absolutely princess and prince of Debrecen! The Czech, who previously mentioned that they wouldn't care too much about medals and placements, but clean skating, convinced with a flawless performance and no errors, with a lot of fighting spirit and good alignment. I really enjoy what they do with their arms, it´s so graceful and they make themselves look bigger and proud, not insecure and small – exactly what you will be told on your very first lesson if you pick up ballet or dance.

They had it all, the difficulty like the triple Lutz throw, hard to do lifts with all the necessary ingredients that I mentioned before and if you want to criticize something, then definitely the side by side spin, which was a little bit off in regards of synchronicity, but on the other hand – their pair spin, fantastic and well performed also because of Martins great flexibility, he is absolutely able to keep up with his lady and this is so important in pairs skating, as you want to have two skaters on the ice, both equally present and yet with own personality! Anna, is the never-ending smile and Martin is the joker! It´s so fun to see them skate but also meet them off ice, great couple and I really hope they will never stop skating together, don´t let anyone get in between you guys, well deserved new PB of 181.82 in combined total!

Protocols FS

Pl.NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SSTRPECHINDed.
-
StN.
1Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDARCZE117.1159.0558.067.217.047.367.397.290.00#13
2Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEVRUS113.1057.8355.276.716.687.047.007.110.00#12
3Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOTRUS110.4455.1955.257.256.796.826.896.790.00#14

Combined total:

FPl.NameNationPointsSPFS
1Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
CZE

2Anastasia MISHINA / Vladislav MIRZOEV
RUS

3Ekaterina BORISOVA / Dmitry SOPOT
RUS

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to the best pair in Debrecen :hap93: :clapper: :cheer: It was great to hear Czech National Anthem! I'm super happy also beacuse pairs is my favourite discipline, so I'm good with whatever happens in other disciplines :devil:

Now I have a lot of questions: will they compete senior or junior next season? (or both?) I think with their SB they would even get a GP spot. And I'd love for them to compete at least at Europeans! After all the host is Czech Republic :)

janav

On the Ice
Kiddos, ditch your careers in singles and concentrate on pairs. What other cue than becoming World Junior Champs do you need to make that decision?:laugh:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
They are so cute in the interview - though I can't hear half what that man said.

And as far as I know they are going to compete in seniors next season, they want to get better in their triples and their lifts - no talk of quad in sight. And well, had they competed like this at the Euros this year they would have got a sixth place - or even a fourth place, considering the seniors have another lift in the FS.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The SP music they used for their novice program in 2012-2013 is the same as that they used in the following season- Italian Street Song & so forth.

Soundhound says the "waltz" part is Chambré séparée by Václav Hybš and his orchestra.

The 2012-2013 FS is to the Amelié soundtrack: Le Quai, Comptine d'un autre été, l'après-midi, and Le banquet

And the 2011-2012 FS is to the same Amelie soundtrack.

The reason there is no SP for thr 2011-12 Three Nationals Championships is that only the FS was competed there.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Three_Nationals_Figure_Skating_Championships
http://www.czechskating.org/vysledky/1261.pdf

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I am so happy to see this pair getting more successful! A succesful pair from Czech Republic! Well done guys and congratulations to all of their team who helped them to get this gold medal.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I wasn't at home last week so I couldn't watch the competitions, but I was able to see the FP and then the medal ceremony. Of course, I watched it more than once!!! :)
I can't even say how happy I feel for Anna and Martin! I was telling to myself that it would be really beautiful to hear Czech national anthem at the World Juniors, but I actually didn't believe it, because Borisova/Sopot won over Anna and Martin at the JGPF and Youth Olympics and I thought this will happen again. But Anna and Martin did amazing job! When I saw how much points they need to take the lead during FP I still didn't really believe. But they really did it!!! I remember seeing them once in practice at summer camp back in 2012 when they were doing just double twist, the most basic lifts etc...and now this!!! I am so so proud of them and wish them best luck in the future!!! :hap10:

I've also found one short article in Czech, which I can translate later, but probably not until Thursday, because I'm quite busy right know (and I still didn't see anything from the World Juniors except Anna and Martin).

Last edited: