Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case any of you were curious about the CBC commentary for her GP Helsinki LP, it's at the 2:14 mark (the password is women): https://vimeo.com/296555284 Her SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Stanislava's experience before GP Helsinki was even more adventurous than just forgotting her passport :)

Konstantinova arrived Wednesday evening in the Finnish capital and thus was able to attend the practice on Thursday. She almost came late, though, because she missed the bus, got in a cab, but the driver took her to the wrong ice rink.

“You know, I had a streak of bad luck – my laces ripped, my tights ripped, I had a new dress that I needed to try out and that I wore for the first time in practice on Thursday,” said the skater. “Thank God it fit me well!”

I think that the silver came to her as a big satisfaction :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina has officially 158 cm, Stanislava is about 10 cm taller.

I dont believe the isu listings. Alina is 5 '3" tall now. Stasya may have had a growth spurt. sudden figure skating the tall you are the harder it is to become elite.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nobody uses imperial system here :devil:

No.

I think I saw that Sranislava finished 10th in the short program in Paris. It's just so disappointing especially how solid she was in Helsinki taking the silver medal there behind Alina.. But her hopes to make the Grand Prix final are gone now. Sad for her.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Stanislava now needs to work on her self-confidence. Her mistakes are always like that. She really reminds me Kolyada. They have the abilities to skate clean and beautiful, they are artistic and all, but they very often lose their focus in the middle of the program and are unable to recover from it. I'm sad too for yesterday, I wished her to stay in the game till the end. Of course she still can have good skate today like in Moscow and I wish it to her. During this GP series we saw several redemptions during free program (like Lim in Moscow), but I'm not sure if she has the nerves for it. That doesn't mean I'm writing her off, I wish her luck and nerves of steel above all, that's what she needs the most.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Stanislava now needs to work on her self-confidence. Her mistakes are always like that. She really reminds me Kolyada. They have the abilities to skate clean and beautiful, they are artistic and all, but they very often lose their focus in the middle of the program and are unable to recover from it. I'm sad too for yesterday, I wished her to stay in the game till the end. Of course she still can have good skate today like in Moscow and I wish it to her. During this GP series we saw several redemptions during free program (like Lim in Moscow), but I'm not sure if she has the nerves for it. That doesn't mean I'm writing her off, I wish her luck and nerves of steel above all, that's what she needs the most.

I thought we might see a new Stanislava this season with more consistency and still the beauty and Artistry that she has especially after she did very well in Helsinki few weeks ago. So to see her kind of go back to the old Stasya this event in the short program is very disappointing. Hoping she has a good free today to pick up her spirits.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I thought we might see a new Stanislava this season with more consistency and still the beauty and Artistry that she has especially after she did very well in Helsinki few weeks ago. So to see her kind of go back to the old Stasya this event in the short program is very disappointing. Hoping she has a good free today to pick up her spirits.

She still has this season ahead. Let's hope she will analyze what she did so well in Moscow and what was wrong now.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Good luck for the free tonight. Hopefully it will be a redemption for her! Davai Stasya!!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Stanislava proved today she CAN DO IT. Just have to deal with nerves! Maybe today she felt it like "I have nothing to lose".

Scott512

Record Breaker
Stanislava proved today she CAN DO IT. Just have to deal with nerves! Maybe today she felt it like "I have nothing to lose".

What did she do?

She has a sports psychologist she works with so maybe that will help her.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What did she do?

She has a sports psychologist she works with so maybe that will help her.

What did she do? She had very solid free program, 134,76. Not completely perfect, but definitely enough good that could hold her in the game for positions if only she would have better SP.

Scott512

Record Breaker
What did she do? She had very solid free program, 134,76. Not completely perfect, but definitely enough good that could hold her in the game for positions if only she would have better SP.

Thats a good free skate score and if she hit 70 in the short she would have geen over 200. What a missed opportuniy. Stasya will need to score 200 points at Russian Nationals if she wants to finish in the top six in my opinion.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Thats a good free skate score and if she hit 70 in the short she would have geen over 200. What a missed opportuniy. Stasya will need to score 200 points at Russian Nationals if she wants to finish in the top six in my opinion.

Exactly. And japanese ladies could not open the door wider today, at least realistically. To be honest, judges were stingy with pcs for her, but even so, she definitely had the chance for medal today, if there would be another yesterday.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Stanislava's FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4LdUrB9ftw

And being heretic a little, I say this was better than in Helsinki and second best after Rika this competition. She was like completely different person than in friday, smiling, self-confident, fluid. If only she would be able to make such skate as her standard.

Scott512

Record Breaker

And being heretic a little, I say this was better than in Helsinki and second best after Rika this competition. She was like completely different person than in friday, smiling, self-confident, fluid. If only she would be able to make such skate as her standard.

A beautiful performance by beautiful young lady. It was too little too late for this competition but I hope she uses this fine free program as a springboard for her next event and the rest of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

A beautiful performance by beautiful young lady. It was too little too late for this competition but I hope she uses this fine free program as a springboard for her next event and the rest of the season.