Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Noted 22. The candle was finally blown out, after 10 days! I just realized what a step forward I've made this year. I'm wearing a crown!!!πŸ˜‚ I even feel like an adult and independent, as if. Further-more, I am incredibly proud of myself, I look forward to what will happen next πŸ’– πŸ₯Ή I forgot to thank everyone for their congratulations πŸ’– πŸ’– πŸ’–

Arbitrary

Medalist
Helena Buyanova had stated today that Stanislava retired.

Edit: on hold.
SK herself explained she's taking time to decide.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Helena Buyanova had stated today that Stanislava retired.
Buyanova? You probably mean Stasya's coach Viktoria Butsaeva, who was quoted by match.tv.

Tbh, I've suspected this for some time now. While her team mates had summer training camps, Stasya was holding master classes and doing choreography for younger skaters.
Whatever Stasya decides, I wish her much success in her future. She was one of the most elegant skaters, maybe she can pass that on to her students.

What Stasya herself has to say:
I got a second wind. A desire to train and work, not just skate in a dress. But it takes a huge commitment. Not just to engage in self-destruction through training and the beloved phrase "results through suffering." Namely a great commitment to reformat your training into professional adult work.
So far, that commitment isn't there. I told Viktoria Evgenievna [Butsaeva], "If it suddenly appears, I will come only to you. You will have to put up with me." [laughs]
I think she just didn't believe it. Everyone I know says to me, "You're not coming back. You're already going to love doing nothing, not really working hard."
In part, maybe I believe that, but I just don't want to speculate. I think saying "I'll never do this or I'll do that" is very difficult in our world right now. You don't know how your life is going to turn out, you don't know what's going to happen, Konstantinova said.

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
From Stasya's insta:

Dear friends and fans.
Regarding the end/continuation of my career as a figure skater.
I guess it's already clear to everyoneπŸ˜ƒ
But, of course, I would prefer to give an official statement in person. I'm not rushing into it, but I'm not fooling anyone either. What's the point of talking about finishing, or continuing my career now, if I haven't performed in over a year? And I won't do it anytime soon. Everything depends on my health and my physical condition. Further decisions and announcements will be based on that. Thank you all)

Farewell for now, Stasya!
She was a special skater to me and I hope to see her again - as a skater, or as a choreographer or coach behind the boards! 🌷

And now I'll be off to rewatch some of her beautiful performances.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Buyanova? You probably mean Stasya's coach Viktoria Butsaeva, who was quoted by match.tv.

Tbh, I've suspected this for some time now. While her team mates had summer training camps, Stasya was holding master classes and doing choreography for younger skaters.
Whatever Stasya decides, I wish her much success in her future. She was one of the most elegant skaters, maybe she can pass that on to her students.

What Stasya herself has to say:
I got a second wind. A desire to train and work, not just skate in a dress. But it takes a huge commitment. Not just to engage in self-destruction through training and the beloved phrase "results through suffering." Namely a great commitment to reformat your training into professional adult work.
So far, that commitment isn't there. I told Viktoria Evgenievna [Butsaeva], "If it suddenly appears, I will come only to you. You will have to put up with me." [laughs]
I think she just didn't believe it. Everyone I know says to me, "You're not coming back. You're already going to love doing nothing, not really working hard."
In part, maybe I believe that, but I just don't want to speculate. I think saying "I'll never do this or I'll do that" is very difficult in our world right now. You don't know how your life is going to turn out, you don't know what's going to happen, Konstantinova said.
My mistake. Butsaeva, sure

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
An honest and emotional video interview with Stasya (featuring interviewer Anastasia Skoptsova) about her plans for the future was published last week on youtube.

A somewhat abbreviated text version which works well with google translate can be found here:
Stanislava Konstantinova - career suspension
Anastasia Skoptsova retired in June and is trying herself as a journalist. Recently, Nastya interviewed her close friend, the bronze medalist of the Universiade 2019 Stanislava Konstantinova. The girls discussed Stanislava's future in figure skating, talked about self-acceptance, went to a master class on high heels, joked a lot and answered questions from fans.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She officially announced her retirement on Friday. For all practical purposes, she was retired a while ago.

Said she was looking to stay in the sport though.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Farewell Stasya! Your elegance on the ice will be missed. πŸ’”
I'll take this opportunity to post my favourite picture of Stasya one last time and wish her the best of luck in the future!

1674330048907.jpeg