2016 Glacier Falls Summer Classic | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Glacier Falls Summer Classic

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Probably wishful thinking, but will there be a stream?

Last year, we got video on demand on IN within a few days :). For free :cool:. No IN subscription required.

Full coverage of all junior and senior events was published by the Thursday after the conclusion of GF.

Some individual programs -- of certain bigger names -- were published two days earlier.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably wishful thinking, but will there be a stream?

Ive nerded out the last few years and followed this event. Both years there was at least one Twitter user posting live updates and pics of scoresheets. I swear I remember some fan cams too being uploaded. So while there is no official stream there has been plenty of updates to satisfy curiousity. I'm overdo for a nerdy skater fan weekend binge :cool14:

Lenny318

On the Ice
Is there a schedule anywhere that includes the start times? Gotta know what time I need to leave and beat/brave the traffic on Friday :)

matscol

Rinkside
Is there a schedule anywhere that includes the start times? Gotta know what time I need to leave and beat/brave the traffic on Friday :)

From the Glacier comp page click the "View online schedule" link. From there you can click for the olympic or nhl rink schedules for the week. Junior and Senior events are on the NHL rink.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*excited wriggling* I can't believe it's Glacier Falls time! It finally feels like the season is going to start!

If anyone can tell me about Brendan...! I know, I know, there'll be video coming soon, be patient karne, be patient!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Does Glacial Falls have a hashtag this year? It be really useful to have one for people passing on info.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Junior ladies Group A is on! Anyone there? Or happen to know who's in it? (I thought I heard something about Alexia being there, but I'm not sure.)

Last edited:

NaVi

Medalist
Junior ladies Group A is on! Anyone there? Or happen to know who's in it? (I thought I heard something about Alexia being there, but I'm not sure.)

[edit]Hmmm... these links are not working for me anymore[/edit]

For some reason these links are not on the schedule anymore, but earlier you could click on the events and get a list of the participants.

Here are some links from my browser history:
Junior Men
Junior Girls Group A
Junior Girls Group B

It would be nice if someone posted some results.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does Glacial Falls have a hashtag this year? It be really useful to have one for people passing on info.

#2016GFSummerClassic is the hashtag that was being promoted by the home club a month ago.

#2016GlacierFallsSummerClassic was used in one of its own tweets later on.

Whether either of these hashtags will be embraced remains to be seen.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
#2016GFSummerClassic is the hashtag that was being promoted by the home club a month ago.

#2016GlacierFallsSummerClassic was used in one of its own tweets later on.

Whether either of these hashtags will be embraced remains to be seen.

Well at least they tried... ill keep an eye on both. Thank you.

where are starting orders?

Physically posted at the locations... we might get some cell phone pics of some.

Jason's thread managed to find the men's starting order.

https://twitter.com/jasonbrownfp/status/758909485733642240