Alina Zagitova | Page 993 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
When I think about NHK this year, I can only think how amazing the japanese did.
As we know, although WCs can chose their assignments, those things should also be agreed upon with the local federation.
and thinking that japanese wanted to see Alina there makes me appreciate how japanese are such incredible true figure skating fans.

Think about it, they got Yuzuru, Alina, Sui/Han, Papadakis/Cizeron.
basically, the biggest stars for each event.
2 reigning Olympic champions, 2 olympic silver medalists (and considering that the gold medalists in both pairs and ice dance have retired, they are the highest standing olympic medalists out there)
all 4 are world champions (3 reigning world champions)

Japan clearly wanted to have the best skaters in every discipline at NHK, I can only imagine how much tickets must cost there, given how star-studded this event is!
And I also appreciate how they treat Alina, they shower her with love and appreciation!

It's going to be such an exciting event!
p.s. my profile picture was changed in preparation for nhk :biggrin:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
When I think about NHK this year, I can only think how amazing the japanese did.
As we know, although WCs can chose their assignments, those things should also be agreed upon with the local federation.
and thinking that japanese wanted to see Alina there makes me appreciate how japanese are such incredible true figure skating fans.

Think about it, they got Yuzuru, Alina, Sui/Han, Papadakis/Cizeron.
basically, the biggest stars for each event.
2 reigning Olympic champions, 2 olympic silver medalists (and considering that the gold medalists in both pairs and ice dance have retired, they are the highest standing olympic medalists out there)
all 4 are world champions (3 reigning world champions)

Japan clearly wanted to have the best skaters in every discipline at NHK, I can only imagine how much tickets must cost there, given how star-studded this event is!
And I also appreciate how they treat Alina, they shower her with love and appreciation!

It's going to be such an exciting event!
p.s. my profile picture was changed in preparation for nhk :biggrin:

Yes! Japanese fans are very passionate, no wonder all the skaters love competing there. The general atmosphere must be amazing too :)

Can't wait to see the programs again! :hap85:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alina for Shiseido -

:dbana:

Shiseido press-release:

This time, SHISEIDO has developed a colour make-up inspired by Alina Zagitova, who has both strength and beauty on the inside and outside.

Nice article about Alina and her collaboration with Shiseido

P.S. GT is so GT :biggrin: don't freak out, Shiseido carcass in the last para is Shiseido mascara :)

This is how a little pretty modest girl from Izhevsk Alina Zagitova, who was happy to buy the new Shiseido mascara and could not pronounce the name of this brand correctly, several years later not only won over her coaching staff, the international judges at the Olympics in Korea, the world of figure skating, including figure skating enthusiasts, but also the international luxury cosmetic concern Shiseido , which chose Alina as their global ambassador.

Decoder

On the Ice
Mariah Bell interview: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1080324756.html

If the google translation is good here, then I like Mariah more than before:

Q - In France, a funny incident happened: you were awarded the gold medal of Alena Kostornaya.

A - Yes Yes! When they put it on me, I noticed that it somehow glows strongly. But she thought: “Okay, just a brilliant medal.” However, then Alina Zagitova leaned down from her step on the pedestal and said: “I think this is gold.”

I participated in many competitions and shows with Alina, so we became friends. After her words, I looked carefully: "Oh my God, this is really gold." And she decided to present the medal to Alena. Congratulated her, shook hands, and then we all just laughed on the podium, so it was a fun moment.

Q - Which Russian figure skaters do you still have good relations with? Evgenia Medvedeva, for example, came up and congratulated you after winning the bronze medal.

A - I respect each of them as an athlete and as a person, but most of all I had the opportunity to communicate with Alina. I am not so familiar with other Russian figure skaters, but they are all very cute.

I think that I have the closest relations between the Russians and Zagitova, because we participated in the show together a lot, but I also respect Eugene, ”said Bell.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I’m happy for Maria, both girls have a good relationship. Maybe she will be at GPF.
What happens if two skaters have the same standing ? Maria and Liza both have 2 bronze medals

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I’m happy for Maria, both girls have a good relationship. Maybe she will be at GPF.
What happens if two skaters have the same standing ? Maria and Liza both have 2 bronze medals

She’s the second substitute after Satoko right now, but stands higher than Liza!
2-4 (Bradie and Satoko‘s stabdings) beats 3-3 (Mariah and Liza), however Bradie beats Satoko because of higher points total, and Mariah beats Liza because of her higher total points.

Orlov

Medalist
Hi guys! Today was quite the eventful day! My friend and I just got back to the hotel and had a healthy dinner from McDonalds :D

We went to the training session of the ladies and it was very interesting to watch how Alyona and Alina were warming up - gradually increasing the difficulty of the jumps until they reach 3A /3Lz3Lo. I made a few blurry photos so it isn't worth uploading them but it was nice seeing the skaters from so close.

During the pairs training I accidentally bumped into Alina! She was in a hurry, carrying her luggage and going down some stairs - I just shouted 'Alina' and waved happily and she stopped for a second, looked back to me and then kept going. I think she was pretty much focused on the coming competition and that's why she ignored everything around her, which is probably a good strategy.

Then the competition started. The men were not perfect but I quite enjoyed them. The Ice dance was pretty good.

Then... GUYS guess what! I got interviewed by 1tv!!! About Alina!!!!
It was thanks to one sweet Russian who told the reporter that I was from Bulgaria! They asked me why Alina is my favourite skater, how do I support her etc. I don't know if my part will be broadcast but I hope it would be.
The other Team Zagitova fans were really nice and friendly! I felt warmth in this little group that met in the resurfacing pause.

Then...the ladies! Alyona was angelic. The 3A was like flying! I thought the marks were pretty low, then I saw the outrageous protocols. Same for Alina, the 3Lz3Lo seemed normal to me and then those marks came and this ruined a bit the mood for me. But you know what, I am sure that Team Tutberidze will get fired up for the free skate tomorrow and they both will do perfectly.

They did it :) Especially for you I put the broadcast video on my channel (so you can avoid geoblocking problems) Meet bewitched, ladies and gentlemen!:) Congratulations :clap:, this is First Channel - you have been seen by millions of people, they seen how you love Alina.

Perhaps journalists are given... free, literary translation of your words :laugh: (I hear that you seem to say "magician", but this word no in translate). Here russian translate of your words in broadcast:
"Алина очень харизматична, эмоциональна. Она практически идеальна на льду и производит впечатление человека с большим сердцем" ("Alina is very charismatic, emotional. She's practically perfect on ice and I believe she's a person with a big heart")
I hope the translation of our journalists was not too far from your original words :)

I apologize for the late reply - until that moment I studied the local prison system from the inside :laugh:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
A very comprehensive and informative write up of Alina's journey with Shiseido -

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/zzzjjj/2634573.html

The comments have also been moderated and are safe for reading (so far).

I love that Alina was chosen personally by the President of Shiseido to represent the company after he saw her perform as 'The Red Ballerina'.

I'd also add this photo to that selection:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5AljSFIAfp/

2016: Alina's happy about getting a sample of a mascara(?) from Shiseido and shares it on her livestream
2018: Becomes an ambassador of Shiseido
2020: Has her own make up collaboration with Shiseido.

What a story. From a little baby dreaming of Shiseido's make up in her tiny little room, to an honorary international brand ambassador and figure skating icon. :luv17:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I'd also add this photo to that selection:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5AljSFIAfp/

2016: Alina's happy about getting a sample of a mascara(?) from Shiseido and shares it on her livestream
2018: Becomes the ambassador of Shiseido
2020: Has hew own make up collaboration with Shiseido.

What a story. From a little baby dreaming of Shiseido's make up in her tiny little room, to an honorary international brand ambassador and figure skating icon. :luv17:

Will there be any reference to Alina on the packaging or cases of the make up articles? Like a tiny 'Zagitova's Red' in gold handwriting?

I am not well versed in show business' 'who is who' and what other celebrities have been featured by Shiseido, but my feeling tells me this is quite a distinctive honour for any woman, let alone a sports person as young as Alina.

Shiseido is a top brand, and having your own make up is a treat only very few people befall.

Buy a complete gift set, keep it sealed and try to have Alina autograph it at some competition, and you'll have a very valuable collectors item ....

PS: there are some beautiful large size photos in the press release: https://www.shiseidogroup.jp/newsimg/2795_z5n77_122.jpg Alina looking proudly directly at you, but still completely natural, with only the slightest touches of photoshop.

Finley

Record Breaker
I think Alina is beautiful enough and doesn't need ten layers of Photoshop. I guess heavy Photoshop is a requirement in the glamour industry, but I prefer Alina without it... :)
Photoshop distorts people completely! They don't even look like people anymore!

I know right! Of all the people that do not need photoshop! But I guess the photoshop people have to prove they are needed somehow. :confused2:

icybear

Medalist
Alina is uniquely beautiful. I dont know why they had to morph her into looking like every other makeup model out there.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I think Alina is beautiful enough and doesn't need ten layers of Photoshop. I guess heavy Photoshop is a requirement in the glamour industry, but I prefer Alina without it... :)
Photoshop distorts people completely! They don't even look like people anymore!

Exactly! Personally, I think Alina is one of the rare people who looks truly beautiful without any makeup. I remember seeing pics of her in the airport arriving in Pyeongchang, jetlagged etc. and while the other skaters all looked as I would expect someone to look after a long flight, Alina still looked gorgeous, and quite obviously had no makeup on. While I am thrilled she is the face of Shiseido (actually my favorite makeup company), Alina herself actually needs NO makeup to look beautiful.