CSSp
FCSp
3F+3T
StSq
CoSP

BRAVO!!!

Khoai

Match Penalty
I don't think he's a headcase either, I just read your post as saying Shoma was more reliable than most, which I disagreed with (he's pretty 'average' for me, which IMO is fine).

And who's underestimating him? I think everyone agrees he's going to be given a national title as long as there is any possiblity for the judges to twist the scores that way tomorrow, that doesn't sound like him being underestimated :p
Mr. Uno is definitely not the most reliable among the men. He messed up 4CC 2 times in a row and was not even on the podium. He messed JWC and was saved by the judges (poor Mr. Jin who was robbed). He messed WC as well and placed 7th there.

Mr. Uno is not known to deliver under biggest competitions in the second half of the season.

People complain that Mr Hanyu messed in biggest competitions but even when he messed he still won Olympic Gold in 2014, two World Silver in 2015 and 2016, and GPF gold in 2016. I bet all skaters would want to mess up like that.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Yaaaaay for Keiji! Good boy for keeping it together, get yourself on that podium! :love:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
But did he skate his SP that badly so far this season? I don't remember it, at least.

To be honest, I'm more worried the injury rumors are true. I know I know, I'm a meanie for saying it again and again, but with his jumping technique, his knees and hips basically have no other choice than to give him major trouble, and then the potential injury from the GPF...

IDK, he very well might be injured. And of course we won't know till after the fact since the Japanese men like to do it like that. Let's remember the guys weren't exactly stellar at last years Nats either. Anyway, I support and cheer for all the Team Japan men. Japanese media can create all the rivalry they like, I just don't appreciate the fans doing it. (not referring to you)

da96103

Record Breaker
But did he skate his SP that badly so far this season? I don't remember it, at least.

To be honest, I'm more worried the injury rumors are true. I know I know, I'm a meanie for saying it again and again, but with his jumping technique, his knees and hips basically have no other choice than to give him major trouble, and then the potential injury from the GPF...

He also lost the combo in SP GPF.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
28. Yoji Nakano

3A (fall)
3T+3T
CSSp - nice
3S
StSq
FCSp

My dad called me so i missed a spin...not sure what it was, sorry about that

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
29. Shu Nakamura

Feeling Good with a Parisienne Walkway costume...

3A
FSSp
CCSp
3Lz+3T (turn)
3Lo (stepout)
CCoSp
StSq

nice program!

Khoai

Match Penalty
Mr. Mura was scored well. It's his someone else was too much overscored. Mr. Mura won't win Japan National with this anyway, his federation surely doesn't want him.

auser

Record Breaker
29. Shu Nakamura

Feeling Good with a Parisienne Walkway costume...

3A
FSSp
CCSp
3Lz+3T (step out)
3Lo (stepout)
CCoSp
StSq

nice program!

I love how soulful this program is ... even with a mishap(s). It shows great promise :luv17:.

kornkorn

Rinkside
Mr. Uno is definitely not the most reliable among the men. He messed up 4CC 2 times in a row and was not even on the podium. He messed JWC and was saved by the judges (poor Mr. Jin who was robbed). He messed WC as well and placed 7th there.

Mr. Uno is not known to deliver under biggest competitions in the second half of the season.

People complain that Mr Hanyu messed in biggest competitions but even when he messed he still won Olympic Gold in 2014, two World Silver in 2015 and 2016, and GPF gold in 2016. I bet all skaters would want to mess up like that.

Okay I know that Shoma hasn't show himself to handle competitions in the second half well and all that. But those mental strength issues happen lots of youngsters, and looking back at it, how many skaters can perform at a tremendous competition like Worlds perfectly on his first year? I get you're not a fan of the guy, but seriously, every comment of you on Shoma so far compared him to Yuzu. Shoma is Shoma, Yuzu is Yuzu, appreciate them for who they are. Even if your opinion on the guy isn't great (which is fine, it's your personal opinion), stop being critical to him on every discussion just to elevate Yuzu's greatness.

Khoai

Match Penalty
Okay I know that Shoma hasn't show himself to handle competitions in the second half well and all that. But those mental strength issues happen lots of youngsters, and looking back at it, how many skaters can perform at a tremendous competition like Worlds perfectly on his first year?
Those who won medals in their first outing to biggest competitions. For example, Mr. Jin at WC.

I get you're not a fan of the guy, but seriously, every comment of you on Shoma so far compared him to Yuzu. Shoma is Shoma, Yuzu is Yuzu, appreciate them for who they are. Even if your opinion on the guy isn't great (which is fine, it's your personal opinion), stop being critical to him on every discussion just to elevate Yuzu's greatness.
I don't even comment about Mr. Uno and Mr. Hanyu that much. Go look at my history.

If there is anything, I feel funny about Mr. Uno's field of crossovers and pre-rotation issue. How long judges are going to reward such technique I am unsure. I love that judges give a short program with 24 crossovers over 44 PCS so consistently. Have you counted how many crossovers the ladies do in their short programs? Even someone who is tiny like Miss Miyahara only does 12 crossovers.

Last edited:

kornkorn

Rinkside
Those who won medals in their first outing to biggest competitions. For example, Mr. Jin at WC.

Well then, you're completely disregarding the GPF, the other huge competition, when Shoma did amazing and Boyangman didn't live up to his expectations. Skaters have their good and bad days, so Boyang and Shoma both did well on one and bad on the other. That's both amazing, considering they were all in their first senior year. Can we just stop the hate?

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Haters gonna hate. Shoma, just don't think too much. Do your best at FS!

Sure, everyone who doesn't claim how great Shoma Uno is, is a hater, we got it :rolleye:
Just let us ignore the flaws and pretend he is the greatest skater of all time with the greatest jumps and so on , even when he never won a big competition (for a reason) :yawn:

Khoai

Match Penalty
Well then, you're completely disregarding the GPF, the other huge competition, when Shoma did amazing and Boyangman didn't live up to his expectations. Skaters have their good and bad days, so Boyang and Shoma both did well on one and bad on the other. That's both amazing, considering they were all in their first senior year. Can we just stop the hate?
Considering that criticism about Mr. Uno's pre-rotation and packed crossovers (24 in SP and 38 in LP) is hate... I doubt that you understand what is fair criticism.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^^Because that's exactly what we're doing here. Ignoring his flaws and crown him the best of all time? Do you even read our posts?

@kornkorn
Exactly. He was third in a the best skated event of last season, with record breaking performances, in his first year. Just compare that to the lacklustre Worlds event. Every competition is different.

Last edited:

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Okay I know that Shoma hasn't show himself to handle competitions in the second half well and all that. But those mental strength issues happen lots of youngsters, and looking back at it, how many skaters can perform at a tremendous competition like Worlds perfectly on his first year? I get you're not a fan of the guy, but seriously, every comment of you on Shoma so far compared him to Yuzu. Shoma is Shoma, Yuzu is Yuzu, appreciate them for who they are. Even if your opinion on the guy isn't great (which is fine, it's your personal opinion), stop being critical to him on every discussion just to elevate Yuzu's greatness.

There is no need to "elevate Yuzu's greatness". He is doing it by himself. But oh, you say we should stop being critical to Uno? Why? So everyone can bash Yuzuru, Chan, Jin and so on, just the little Shoma should get a special treatment? Okay then.....

Biellmann

Match Penalty
^^Because that's exactly what we're doing here. Ignoring his flaws and crown him the best of all time? Do you even read our posts?

@kornkorn
Exactly. He was third in a the best skated event of last season, with record breaking performances, in his first year. Just compare that to the lacklustre Worlds event. Every competition is different.

A few posts back you told me to look at the GPF, as if it has something to do with nationals. And now, all of a sudden "every competition is different" and we shouldn't compare them :rolleye:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

Uhm, not to make this into more hate, but Boyang delivered at both 4CC and worlds last year - and while his GPF performances were far from clean, he didn't have any disasters (I think he still did better than Shoma at 4CC or worlds, tbh). He didn't do well at SA this season, but I'd think that is more due to him trying to majorily upgrade his programs. We'll see how he fares further into this season, but I think Boyang might actually be one of the tougher guys out there. Again, we'll see, but he does deserve a lot of credit for 4CC + worlds last season, IMO.

But regarding 'haters gonna hate', if people really think just pointing out that Shoma didn't deliver at the major 2nd season events so far or that his jumping technique is far from ideal is nothing but hate... then you're also being pretty blind here. Heck, Yuzu also has trouble delivering at worlds because he always pushes himself too hard and gets injured - pointing that out also has nothing to do with hate. But if 'haters gonna hate' is the only thing people can hold against it... have fun with that :confused2: