2017 World Jr Champs Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 World Jr Champs Entries

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think the minimum TES is 42, so unfortunately that would not be enough...I may be wrong though. I'm going by wikipedia.

Thanks. I wasn't sure what the minimum was, or where to find out (why didn't I think of Wikipedia?!)

What is the deadline to get the minimum TES by? I'm just wondering if Sam could try to get it at some of the competitions that are on over the next few weeks.

It's definitely too late for the EYOF (Junior Men's SP is tomorrow), and probably too late for the Bavarian Open (Junior Men's SP is on Friday) and the Olympic Hopes (not sure when the Junior Men start, but the event starts on Thursday). But what about these others?

23–26 February 2017: Challenge Cup
28 February - 5 March 2017: Cup of Tyrol
2–5 March 2017: The Nordics
10–12 March 2017: Coupe du Printemps

The Coupe du Printemps is probably too late, as Junior Worlds starts only a few days afterwards. But hopefully the others are options.

I really want to be able to cheer somebody local on!

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Benjam Papp (FIN) reached both TES scores in Dragon Trophy, so he can be added to list to Finnish men alternative. Roman Galay may not be in condition yet, because she interrupted in Iceland and his short was quite painful to watch.

The Finn

Record Breaker
What is the deadline to get the minimum TES by? I'm just wondering if Sam could try to get it at some of the competitions that are on over the next few weeks.

It is 20 February. It is the same date as the deadline for the entries.

Nirti

Medalist
It's definitely too late for the EYOF (Junior Men's SP is tomorrow), and probably too late for the Bavarian Open (Junior Men's SP is on Friday) and the Olympic Hopes (not sure when the Junior Men start, but the event starts on Thursday). But what about these others?

Yes sorry CaroLiza_fan, but the next weekend's events are the last possibility to reach these TES, and Sam isn't listed to any of them. And I fear his level is a bit to low to hope to reach it this season, as without consistent triple jump that's hard to reach 42 points. Maybe next year! (he will be junior eligible for his last season)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It is 20 February. It is the same date as the deadline for the entries.

Yes sorry CaroLiza_fan, but the next weekend's events are the last possibility to reach these TES, and Sam isn't listed to any of them. And I fear his level is a bit to low to hope to reach it this season, as without consistent triple jump that's hard to reach 42 points. Maybe next year! (he will be junior eligible for his last season)

Thanks guys. So, definitely no chance for this year. :disapp:

Oh well. If he works at it hard over the next 12 months, hopefully we will be able to see him at Junior Worlds next season. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

All the best Sam!

CaroLiza_fan

gurumaaji

Match Penalty
I would say for Aussie possible to win JW and could continue Junior Russian Pair's curse since 2010 not winning it.

Nirti

Medalist
Two new skaters with TES : Hanna Paroshyna (Belarus) and Silvia Hugec (Slovakia). For Belarus, at the begin of the season, no one had the TES, and now they have to choose between 4 girls ^^

petrodollar money

Can you develop? I'm always surprised to see which skaters can skate for Azerbaijan, as it seems there's no local figure skating there.
Some years ago, the country was seen like an easy country of adoption for any skaters, but some of them (I think especially of Fedor Andreev) had big problems to get the papers to do it. Andreev finally never could skate for Azerbaijan, but was a chance of European top10 at this time.
And now, we see some US skaters with no azeri or russian name (Larry Loupolover, Morgan Flood) - ok, their mother could be azeri or russian, plus some ex-russian ice dancers (following Fraser/Lukanin and Zlobina/Sitnikov)

Nirti

Medalist
Updated after the Bavarian Open, which was the last event to reach TES.

Congratulations to Cleo Hamon & Denys Strekalin, who will be the first pair since 2012 to represent France at JW.
Alexanne Bouillon & Ton Consul have the same opportunity for Spain.

In dance, Valerie So & Marcus Yau could be the first dancers ever to represent Hongkong in ISU competition.
Spain new dance team Malene Nichita-Basquin & Jaime Garcia reached TES too.

A bit disappointed for swiss dancers, no one reached the FD TES, as Zimmerli/Nakisko only obtained 27.90 points (instead of 28.00...)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Has Russian lady's entry been finalized? Or it will go with the top 3 at Russian Junior Nationals by default?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland, official
Men Benjam Papp, no subsitutes, Roman Galay's season is over because of injury.
Ladies: Emmi Peltonen, Subsitutes Viveca Lindfors, Joanna Kallela
Dance: Monica Lindfors and Juho Pirinen (sorry, almost forgot them)

Last edited:

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
French Team (more or less official via FFSG web, Junior Nats are this week end)
Ladies : FROETSCHER Julie
substitut : CROZET Alizée
Men : AYMOZ Kévin and ECONOMIDES Luc
substitut : SIAO HIM FA Adam
Pairs : HAMON Cléo / STREKALIN Denys
NO substitut
Ice Dance : ABACHKINA Angélique / THAURON Louis and LAGOUGE Natacha / RAHIER Corentin
substitut : WAGRET Julia / COUYRAS Mathieu and DEMOUGEOT Loicia / LE MERCIER Théo

https://ffsg.org/evenement/championnat-du-monde-junior-2017-taipei-city-taiwan/

Nirti

Medalist
Thanks for the information!
Logic choices for french team
Too bad for Roman Galay, there's a chance that Benjam Papp reached TES 2 weeks ago!

yyzskater

On the Ice
Wow! That's alot of entries. Men and ladies with the same number. And more dance teams this year as well. Will be exciting to watch.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I wonder why Petr Kotlarik is going for Czech Republic and not a Behloradsky. I guess Jiri will focus on senior Worlds, but what about Matyas? :( I hope he's not injured, but that would explain why he didn't end up going to Erzurum after it was announced he was competing there.

Glad to see Daniel will come back to defend his title.

Does Elizabet Tursynbaeva really need to do this competition on top of senior Worlds? How many competitions has she done this season???

Ton Consul is skating pairs now? News to me...

Last edited:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I wonder why Petr Kotlarik is going for Czech Republic and not a Behloradsky. I guess Jiri will focus on senior Worlds, but what about Matyas? :( I hope he's not injured, but that would explain why he didn't end up going to Erzurum after it was announced he was competing there.

Glad to see Daniel will come back to defend his title.

Does Elizabet Tursynbaeva really need to do this competition on top of senior Worlds? How many competitions has she done this season???

Ton Consul is skating pairs now? News to me...

Jiri hasn't still achieved the minimuns for Senior Worlds so is indeed puzzling. Perhaps the fed is just spreading the wealth : Euros for Jiri and Jr. Worlds for Kotlarik.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
16 pairs :yahoo: As a pairs fanatic, it makes me happy that we maxed out on pairs slots with nobody being eliminated after the SP. Everyone deserves a chance to develop their skills on a major international competition!

Where is O/B of Ukraine? I'm worried for them. Puberty issues? Injury? I hope they continue to skate together and get through this tough time, because their twist is out of this world.

Excited to see what the new Japanese, French, and Spanish pairs can do.

Hope China gets top 10 and gets two spots for JW next year! They have so much upcoming talent that it would be a shame to only get one spot for them.

Seems like M/M really split before JW. Definitely don't support this move, but their toxic relationship with each other makes me glad they decided to call it quits ASAP.

Good luck to all the pairs (and all skaters from the other disciplines)! :agree: