2017 World Jr Champs Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 World Jr Champs Entries

Nirti

Medalist
Yes, I have spoken to a number of skaters who have had no help from their respective federations, even to go to Senior worlds. But it's also their only chance to compete at that level, so it's a trade off. One that many skaters and their parents feel is worth it.

Yes I was surprised to see a crowfunding for Zoe Jones & Christopher Boyadji to go to Worlds... Airplane from UK to Finland can be cheap and hotel may be not too expensive too... Maybe I'm a bit optimistic with the money a federation have, but I imagine that to send skaters to Worlds could be a priority?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes I was surprised to see a crowfunding for Zoe Jones & Christopher Boyadji to go to Worlds... Airplane from UK to Finland can be cheap and hotel may be not too expensive too... Maybe I'm a bit optimistic with the money a federation have, but I imagine that to send skaters to Worlds could be a priority?
Support for skaters in the UK seems pretty thin on the ground... Graham Newberry (National champion) also turned to crowdfunding donations in order to get to junior and senior World's this year.

I'm not sure "Finland", "hotel" and "cheap" all belong in the same sentence! ;-D

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Did anyone notice that "Melvin" rather than "Kevin" Aymoz is listed as an entry for France. The bio link goes to Kevin, though.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just saw this on Twitter:

Per @USFigureSkating release, Amber Glenn is out of junior worlds for "personal reasons." She will be replaced by Starr Andrews.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes I don't know the official reason too, maybe both are injured (and I would feel a bit stupid :biggrin:), but the coincidence is too big... And for a wealthy country of 18 millions inhabitants were skating was born, that's a bit deceiving to send nobody at Junior Worlds :(
They certainly had no trouble sending Kramer and Wust (plus various other skaters) to Norway to grab the World championship all-round gold medals in speed ice skating there, so... Or hosting (!) the short track world championships next week.
There's plenty of money going around in ice skating here. But figure skating? Certainly doesn't feel like it. :noshake:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Harrison Jon-Yen WONG (HKG) no longer listed

frida80

Record Breaker
Elizabet Tursynbayeva (KAZ) no longer listed.

Thank goodness! Now I don't have to worry about her being to tired for worlds! I hope she's getting some quality time training with Brian so she can get her jumps stable.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Elizabet Tursynbayeva (KAZ) no longer listed.

I feel so pity about her late wd..

if she wd earlier, then Alana Toktarova can compete at jr worlds for her first time and could gain her experience and it didn`t happen!:eek:hwell:

and I personally wish to see Alana at jr worlds.. so pity.:noshake:

Nirti

Medalist
I feel so pity about her late wd..

if she wd earlier, then Alana Toktarova can compete at jr worlds for her first time and could gain her experience and it didn`t happen!:eek:hwell:

and I personally wish to see Alana at jr worlds.. so pity.:noshake:

Toktarova was on the alternate list... But removed too! Strange

Skye

On the Ice
I really hope not, but could it be a problem with their visa? Elizabet and Alana train and live in Canada, and visa application in a third country can be more difficult.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Daniel Samohin no longer listed!

o_O

;_;