Votes: 26 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Even though their chances to podium are low with the kind of competition they'll be having, I am really looking forward to watching the amazing SP and FS from James/Ciprès again. They were definitely the ones who made me sit up and start paying more attention to Pairs. I just love their programs.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Even though their chances to podium are low with the kind of competition they'll be having, I am really looking forward to watching the amazing SP and FS from James/Ciprès again. They were definitely the ones who made me sit up and start paying more attention to Pairs. I just love their programs.

hello :), I agree - in times where there are lots of great pairs, to have this ability to produce something strong, but unique, innovative and full of creativity regarding programs - aside of being strong technically or able to do some great tech tricks - and make people sit, watch and hold their attention, it's quite remarkable. And Vanessa/Morgan did this for me this season, too. So I fully share that sentiment.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Sui / Han so in front in the poll :eek: :thumbsup:

I assumed they were going to lead in the poll, but also expected that Savchenko/Massot free of injury, Tarasova/Morozv with the new GPF and Euro title, Duhamel/Radford with the double WC resume would follow them by a small margin. Things turn out differently though. Sui and Han just fresh out of Sui's rehabilitation were amazing at 4CC, so that might've given many pair fans a convincing answer. :)

Anyway, I think Yu/Zhang can be named in the list.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'll be rooting for Sui and Han and I voted for them. I'd be okay with T/M winning even though I don't like their free skate.

I will also be rooting for I/M and S/B.

I still think D/R can win this but I think S/H and T/M will have to underperform for that to happen.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
at this point,

it's not D/R to lose. even though they are back to back world champions. They have a rough season trying to increase BV to realize that they were going after a very difficult throw for them (starting from scratch with the single axel) and that if missed, they were pretty much losing point attempting it....

So, they have had to go against their nature and lowered their based value... even in SBS. Meagan has had pain in her foot when doing the 3t....

However, what I will always admire from this team is that they are dedicated to get better every time they compete. GPF was a disaster... 4CC was already much better with lowering the base value and going for safer elements. And now, they have released many short videos of new transitions, new entrances into elements, etc... they are still working on the scoreboard but are working on how to get higher PCS.

I hope it will trigger some respect from those who have constantly say that they should work on transition and choreography.. They are indeed trying to improve that way, and trying to get cleaner programs.

In the end, I still think Sui and Han have the most promise this year and I wish them to win the title. I would cry just as much as when I saw Han skate their program alone when Sui was in a wheel chair... He is such a wonderful skater and human being. So much care for his partner.

T/M : strong SP... the rest for me... MEH...

S/M : still not convinced by him... and i cannot just forgive her for each two footed throw she's landed... at one point, it's no longer an accident but it becomes an error "trademark" just as bad as so and so who UR their jumps....

Those are the teams I see in the top 3 with S/H favoured to win it.

I love J/C : super exciting team
I/M :gorgeous skating on two very tacky songs.

S/B : guys... time to redeem yourselves this season.

Yu/Zhang : much better pairing than their respective previous ones.... so the CHinese fed was right here... Hao is so much more lyrical with her than with his former partners... he is learning... he is totally convincing me that he wants this to work... She is the same as before yet learning how to smile a bit. Very beautiful throws.... but I am not 100% convinced they can earn a medal. They would have to be 100% clean, as their programs require it, especially the FP. And boy, please fix your spins!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I would love for it to be Savchenko/Massot, but I think it will probably be Sui/Han or Tarasova/Morozov. Sui/Han draw me in much, much more, but the quality of T/M/s elements really is incredible. The biggest potential to play spoiler is James/Cipres in my opinion. When those programs are on they are ON.

To be honest, the team I have the most doubts about is Stolbova/Klimov...at this point I don't think I even have them in the top 5 of my predictions. Which means they'll probably land on the podium.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I would love for it to be Savchenko/Massot, but I think it will probably be Sui/Han or Tarasova/Morozov. Sui/Han draw me in much, much more, but the quality of T/M/s elements really is incredible. The biggest potential to play spoiler is James/Cipres in my opinion. When those programs are on they are ON.

To be honest, the team I have the most doubts about is Stolbova/Klimov...at this point I don't think I even have them in the top 5 of my predictions. Which means they'll probably land on the podium.

I rewatched few days ago Savchenko / Massot Free Skate at the European Championship and I have to say that I appreciate IT even more than before. Choreography / interpretation is better than I remembered, and their lifts are astonishing. Maybe even the best right now. Sure their jump content may not be enough for Worlds if they don't up their ante, but I think they plan To return at least partially to what they were doing before Aliona's injury. I've seen video of Aliona nailing beautiful 3T-3T combo, I doubt we will see it though as I don't know whether Bruno can do it. Aliona's quality would put to shame at least 1/2 of senior ladies, and she's over 30 remember. :eeking:

Moreover I don't think Bruno is jarring next to Aliona like it in the past anymore, they skate like one already.

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
I rewatched few days ago Savchenko / Massot Free Skate at the European Championship and I have to say that I appreciate IT even more than before. Choreography / interpretation is better than I remembered, and their lifts are astonishing. Maybe even the best right now. Sure their jump content may not be enough for Worlds if they don't up their ante, but I think they plan To return at least partially to what they were doing before Aliona's injury. I've seen video of Aliona nailing beautiful 3T-3T combo, I doubt we will see it though as I don't know whether Bruno can do it. Aliona's quality would put to shame at least 1/2 of senior ladies, and she's over 30 remember. :eeking:

Moreover I don't think Bruno is jarring next to Aliona like it in the past anymore, they skate like one already.

The lift are defintily the best. She seems to be so light. Bruno needs almost no effort for the most complex positions.

They will go for the 3ATh but hopefully not for the 4STh. Aljona has already showed a 3T+3T in the summer. Bruno prefers 3S+1Lo+3S. I think 3T+3T is no option for him.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han or Savchenko and Massot are my predictions; not necessarily my favoruites. Sui and Han most likely will mine gold after two seconds.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
voted for TM:biggrin:
yeah I admit just to counter the hate they get for music selections that I personally love:laugh::taunt:

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusic was my 1st looooooooooooooooove:dance2:

realitically Imo DR have the chance. Ppl seem to underestimate them & then they BAAAM get another gold:laugh:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
voted for TM:biggrin:
yeah I admit just to counter the hate they get for music selections that I personally love:laugh::taunt:

muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusic was my 1st looooooooooooooooove:dance2:

realitically Imo DR have the chance. Ppl seem to underestimate them & then they BAAAM get another gold:laugh:

It's because people don't really like D/R, they are more like craftsmen than artists and some of their difficult tricks (like Throw Quad Salchow) do not look all that appealing or effortless like you would expect from double World Champions. 90% of their fans are Canadians.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The lift are defintily the best. She seems to be so light. Bruno needs almost no effort for the most complex positions.

They will go for the 3ATh but hopefully not for the 4STh. Aljona has already showed a 3T+3T in the summer. Bruno prefers 3S+1Lo+3S. I think 3T+3T is no option for him.

Her positions are also absolutely stellar. Sure Aliona is tiny, but it still takes great cooperation and skills to pull it off from both. I can think of some medium to high level teams with similar difference in size but lifts not even 20% this good.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It's because people don't really like D/R. 90% of their fans are Canadians.

No, the like or dislike doesn't necessarily play in the prediction. Not every favorites are popular among figure skating fans as you look at the other prediction polls. D/R are simply loosing their grip this season beaten by Tarasova/Morozov and Yu/Zhang at GPF as well as Sui/Han at 4CC. T/M were long considered underdogs shadowed by their compatriots such as Stolbova/Klimov and Kavaguti/Smironov, Yu/Zhang were newly formed by their federation, and Sui/Han were just out of injury.

However, D/R, the two time WC were beaten by all of them shiftlessly. Their 3ATh attempts weren't successful and they didn't deliver their programs cleanly. The consistency rate of their 3Lz which is their money trick is dropping. They may pull off their finest performances of the season in Helsinki, but the other top contenders would do the same. I'm only fond of Eric who takes the whole charge of their PCS department in the team. The general hatred towards the team is mostly about Megan, not Eric who has exquisite qualities and grace, but they are bound to be one team though.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No, the like or dislike doesn't necessarily play in the prediction. Not every favorites are popular among figure skating fans as you look at the other prediction polls. D/R are simply loosing their grip this season beaten by Tarasova/Morozov and Yu/Zhang at GPF as well as Sui/Han at 4CC. T/M were long considered underdogs shadowed by their compatriots such as Stolbova/Klimov and Kavaguti/Smironov, Yu/Zhang were newly formed by their federation, and Sui/Han were just out of injury. However, D/R, the two time WC were beaten by all of them shiftlessly. Their 3ATh attempts weren't successful and they didn't deliver their programs successfully with clean performances. They may pull out their finest performances of the season in Helsinki, but the other top contenders would do the same. I'm only fond of Eric who takes the whole charge of their PCS department in the team. The general hatred towards the team is mostly about Megan, not Eric who has exquisite qualities and grace, but they are bound to be one team though.

Well I agree with you.

I know that this is not "who would like you to win poll'' - in that case Evgenia would not lead with such a margin in Ladies thread maybe rather the opposite but I think it's combination of few factors - their inconsistent form this season and iffy programs in case of D/R, as well as general lack of love they get (at least for skaters of their calibre). As for Meagan / Eric I am among those who do not focus all that much on her ... maybe you're spot on that impression that I may subconsciously have about it too. Tarasova / Morozov really came out of the shadow of other Russian teams and took their chances, likewise they should be more than ready for Helsinki.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It's because people don't really like D/R, they are more like craftsmen than artists and some of their difficult tricks (like Throw Quad Salchow) do not look all that appealing or effortless like you would expect from double World Champions. 90% of their fans are Canadians.

I am a fan, I'm Swedish and I predict them to be gold winners :laugh:

OK, I'm a fan of most pairs... for sure an exciting world's competition :popcorn:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I am a fan, I'm Swedish and I predict them to be gold winners :laugh:

OK, I'm a fan of most pairs... for sure an exciting world's competition :popcorn:

I want Duhamel & Radford to skate very well actually because it would make this event more exciting to watch. Let the best one win. There were some teams / skaters in the past that I was quietly rooting to splat & fail though I admit. :sad4:

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
D/R are simply loosing their grip this season beaten by Tarasova/Morozov and Yu/Zhang at GPF as well as Sui/Han at 4CC.

What if their aim was/is to peak at worlds, trying things during the season. Or let's say next season's olympics is their final goal. I think high level skaters have plans that we don't know of. Me the least :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
What if their aim was/is to peak at worlds, trying things during the season. Or let's say next season's olympics is their final goal. I think high level skaters have plans that we don't know of. Me the least :laugh:

Of course, they might intend to peak their condition at the highest leveled competition, so I don't doubt that they try to do their best at Worlds or Olympics. However, this is a prediction game and people tend to be swung by how top contenders do throughout the season. In the current era, consistency matters a lot as much as is BV. I do hope that all teams including D/R deliver at Worlds, so pair fans can indulge in clean and nice performances from top contenders. Any competition with too predictable game is not exciting to watch except that my favorites win. :)