Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US

shine

Record Breaker
Well I'm no figure skater, but it would make sense to me that when you're tired, your skating quality/skills goes down. Like a dancer's technique might not be as precise when they're tired.
Sure, but to me it was more than just a loss of quality due to fatigue etc, it's more the way he uses his blades in general - part of his basics. But I'm not going to dwell on this.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I doubt most of Adam’s fans are really super particular about his blade work and speed in the shows ... they’re probably mostly excited to see ADAM, his star quality and his spins :D

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Adam's self-proclamation was the stuff of headlines during the Olympics.

He was joking :laugh:, but it exemplified his entertaining personality that made him into a media darling -- and a darling among the public.

But I digress. My thanks :thank: to el henry, apgold, and many others :bow: for their detailed SOI reports in this thread.

I assume that those answers would be available only on a need-to-know basis. And that none of us on GS need to know :devil:.

Oh people take a chill pill lol. Too bad you can't tell sarcasm in our posts. While Adam professes he is America's sweet heart the rest of the US don't use the term sweet heart but he definitely has endeared himself to the public with his bluntness and witty rapport and natural beauty. He shows you don't need a world or olympic title to become a p erson of interest. He will be an excellent DWTS contestant with his willingness to open his mouth in a frank unfiltered manner. ADAm is the bomb.
O

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I doubt most of Adam’s fans are really super particular about his blade work and speed in the shows ... they’re probably mostly excited to see ADAM, his star quality and his spins :D

Yep that's true.

That said, if you are inclined to compare skating skills and what not, the guys number is a pretty good comparison study especially if you get high-definition video.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh people take a chill pill lol. Too bad you can't tell sarcasm in our posts. While Adam professes he is America's sweet heart the rest of the US don't use the term sweet heart but he definitely has endeared himself to the public with his bluntness and witty rapport and natural beauty. He shows you don't need a world or olympic title to become a p erson of interest. He will be an excellent DWTS contestant with his willingness to open his mouth in a frank unfiltered manner. ADAm is the bomb.
O

And *you* know what term the rest of us/US uses how? :confused:

classicalfan

Rinkside
Yeah. Adam was in the same line with Jason and Nathan. Honestly that made him look awkward. His basic skills are just ... emmmm
Yep that's true.

That said, if you are inclined to compare skating skills and what not, the guys number is a pretty good comparison study especially if you get high-definition video.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yeah. Adam was in the same line with Jason and Nathan. Honestly that made him look awkward. His basic skills are just ... emmmm

Adam's also been going non stop and completely exhausted when it comes to life in general. He sleeps 3 hours a night if he's lucky!

The set up for the boys' number was bad, they should have had two by two men instead of the formation that had the 3 in the back, Adam also couldn't move well between Jason and Nathan: Being in the middle of a line especially when you're the tallest (of those three) makes it hard to move.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adam's also been going non stop and completely exhausted when it comes to life in general. He sleeps 3 hours a night if he's lucky!

I don’t understand this? Taking care of your health is usually a top priority of professional athletes? What the heck is he doing that’s so important as to risk his general health and ability to perform to his fullest?

Not really trying to pick on him but I must admit that I’m strangely curious as to what is keeping him from sleeping.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don’t understand this? Taking care of your health is usually a top priority of professional athletes? What the heck is he doing that’s so important as to risk his general health and ability to perform to his fullest? I assume he’s getting paid to participate on SOI.

Not really picking on him but I must admit that I’m strangely curious as to what is keeping him from sleeping.

Oh let's see-

Being honored by various prestigious entities: Time, GLAAD etc.
Training non-stop with skating and DWTS.
Travel like crazy.
Interviews, photo shoots, etc.
SOI

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh let's see-

Being honored by various prestigious entities: Time, GLAAD etc.
Training non-stop with skating and DWTS.
Travel like crazy.
Interviews, photo shoots, etc.
SOI

Going hard!! Yikes!! All the best to Adam then :)

Hopefully one day he can chill and enjoy his success in a less stressful way.

I’m a wimp though...I need my chill time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Shibs have been just as busy as Adam. They joke about the fact they can have a week where they're in a different city everyday. They've had press interviews and been at various events also. And they are probably not getting much sleep either. Anyone notice a difference in their skating skills?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
there are so many factors that could explain that one skater "appears" to be weaker than another one in a show at this time of the year.... and I would bet that on another night, it might be a different skater who doesn't look as good as the other two... I am amazed that some are so quick to judge on one performance of a show.... I find that rather petty. I mean... it's a show... let's enjoy it for what it is?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Except most people don't get the luxury of watching all the shows and seeing a skater on a "better" night. People are simply sharing their impressions and I also don't see the point of making a big deal if someone came away less than impressed with a certain skater.

El Henry said she didn't care for the Shibs' Coldplay number. I don't think she's petty for sharing that. She did come away impressed with Davis and White.

De gustibus and all that jazz.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think there is a difference between saying one doesn't enjoy a number skated by a single skater (or a pair or dance team) -there I agree, it's a question of taste and preference... - and comparing skaters in group numbers when they are skating in line... Did Adam blow up all of the rest of his appearances? Did he skate so poorly that one would be able to claim that he was completely unprepared and has poor basic skating skills ? Reading the few posts here, and maybe I am lost in translation, it just looks like some people are happy to report that a skater appears weaker as soon as they are given the chance to do so...

indeed YMMV

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
It may not be super likely that one will be super impressed with every performance - accounting for personal taste and all

But it doesn’t seem like Adam has been some kind of disaster as I don’t think I’ve seen anywhere that his fans (and there are many) complaining

I’m guessing those who complain about certain skaters’ performances were probably not fans of those skaters in the first place

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think there is a difference between saying one doesn't enjoy a number skated by a single skater (or a pair or dance team) -there I agree, it's a question of taste and preference... - and comparing skaters in group numbers when they are skating in line... Did Adam blow up all of the rest of his appearances? Did he skate so poorly that one would be able to claim that he was completely unprepared and has poor basic skating skills ? Reading the few posts here, and maybe I am lost in translation, it just looks like some people are happy to report that a skater appears weaker as soon as they are given the chance to do so...

indeed YMMV

It may not be super likely that one will be super impressed with every performance - accounting for personal taste and all

But it doesn’t seem like Adam has been some kind of disaster as I don’t think I’ve seen anywhere that his fans (and there are many) complaining

I’m guessing those who complain about certain skaters’ performances were probably not fans of those skaters in the first place

:clap:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The Shibs have been just as busy as Adam. They joke about the fact they can have a week where they're in a different city everyday. They've had press interviews and been at various events also. And they are probably not getting much sleep either. Anyone notice a difference in their skating skills?

Since you asked, they’ve been sloppy, especially with their “That’s Life” program and they’ve had it forever so there’s no excuse there for that. They’re also the only skaters appearing on the tour without at least one new program.:sarcasm:

But saying they’re just as busy as Adam is misleading. There’s a huge difference in Adam’s post Olympic schedule, and the Shibs: Going to concerts and movie premieres is voluntary and takes less of a toll. YMMV.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Since you asked, they’ve been sloppy, especially with their “That’s Life” program and they’ve had it forever so there’s no excuse there for that. They’re also the only skaters appearing on the tour without at least one new program.:sarcasm:

But saying they’re just as busy as Adam is misleading. There’s a huge difference in Adam’s post Olympic schedule, and the Shibs: Going to concerts and movie premieres is voluntary and takes less of a toll. YMMV.

And there will be several posters who will disagree with you, lol. That's my point. There seems to be plenty of people who liked the Shibs programs on this thread and were impressed by their performances. You aren't so impressed. The same holds for Adam for some, clearly.

As for the Shibs schedule, yes a lot of the stuff they're doing is fun, but they're also doing quite a bit of media work too. And I don't know how much of it is voluntary. I think all have had opportunities and that's kept them both busy.

Last edited:

lyndichee

Medalist

Well they are likely paid and contracted to make those appearances. And I don't think they are less busy, their interests are different from Adam and I think everyone can tell that they are setting themselves up for opportunities outside of skating. Just because they post some highlights of their day to day lives, doesn't mean it actually speaks to all their activities.