Stars on Ice Canada 2023 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Canada 2023

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Have you been to Toronto before? It's a nice city, and there is so much to do there.
I've never been outside Europe:laugh:, so that would be a first there and a first in Toronto :)
And it would be first time seeing a skating show plus first time during warmer part of the year :). Let's hope money comes & Beatrice could resume crafting and make all plans come true.

Teenes

On the Ice
Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while!

The Canadian cast is now:
Kurt Browning
Elvis Stojko
Patrick Chan
Jason Brown
Keegan Messing
Madeline Schizas
Satoko Miyahara
Alissa Czisny
Loena Hendrickx
Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier
Madison Chock & Evan Bates

The Hamilton show will be taped for broadcast sometime in the fall.

Kurt's also announced that this, his 30th tour, will be his last with Stars on Ice šŸ˜¢.

I'm putting together a project to collect fan messages and memories to post on the Kurt Files and compile into a book to give Kurt after the final tour. If you'd like to contribute, please go to this Google form. Email addresses are not required and will not be published or shared. The form is just the easiest way for me to organize responses. Please also share the link with anyone who might be interested in contributing! Thanks!

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
This is a really strong cast. I wish they would advertise more like they did during Olympics.. that Olympic SOI Canada tour had crowds of over 10-12,000. Its so disheartening going to such a good show with only 3,000 people in a 15k seat arena

Teenes

On the Ice
Just a reminder to those who might be interested in participating, that I am gathering fan messages and memories to put together into a memory book for Kurt to keep (and to post on the Kurt Files). I've extended the deadline to Wednesday April 12.

Please submit your response here! https://forms.gle/Sk8CeXtk3TgeqkQA8

Thanks!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while!

The Canadian cast is now:
Kurt Browning
Elvis Stojko
Patrick Chan
Jason Brown
Keegan Messing
Madeline Schizas
Satoko Miyahara
Alissa Czisny
Loena Hendrickx
Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier
Madison Chock & Evan Bates

The Hamilton show will be taped for broadcast sometime in the fall.

Kurt's also announced that this, his 30th tour, will be his last with Stars on Ice šŸ˜¢.

I'm putting together a project to collect fan messages and memories to post on the Kurt Files and compile into a book to give Kurt after the final tour. If you'd like to contribute, please go to this Google form. Email addresses are not required and will not be published or shared. The form is just the easiest way for me to organize responses. Please also share the link with anyone who might be interested in contributing! Thanks!
INteresting. No Kaetlyn Osmond - does she still skate? Nice to see a comeback from Patrick but a bit sad he is not in demand in Japan. Also no Vanessa and Eric or Deanna and Max? Weaver and Poje? It's Canada so why not try Gabby Daleman instead of Czisny (okay let's get real she got a job on SOI because her husband is headlining. Its reality.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
INteresting. No Kaetlyn Osmond - does she still skate? Nice to see a comeback from Patrick but a bit sad he is not in demand in Japan. Also no Vanessa and Eric or Deanna and Max? Weaver and Poje? It's Canada so why not try Gabby Daleman instead of Czisny (okay let's get real she got a job on SOI because her husband is headlining. Its reality.
KO did the holiday Stars on Ice shows but had a limited role; she did not do the group numbers.

I share your opinion about Alissa Czisney, but she is actually a pretty good show skater. Perhaps because her specialty was spins, she is still pretty darned good at them.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I saw Luna in the cast and was tempted, but the prices of the tickets look way higher this year, not sure why, so given that the rest of the cast is uninspiring, I will wait for when Browning is gone and takes Czisney with him.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I saw Luna in the cast and was tempted, but the prices of the tickets look way higher this year, not sure why, so given that the rest of the cast is uninspiring, I will wait for when Browning is gone and takes Czisney with him.
I appreciate your opinion but Luna only is probably of interest because she is a medallist with the Russians not competing. But she is not the best jumper, spinner or artist. She is not an extreme personality. Czisnyhas spins at least. Kurt, Elvis, Patrick and Elvis bring very strong credentials and talents unlike Luna who is just good. the fact they are canadians has NOTHING to do with it. And Brown like Chan are the two most beautiful skaters every for men. Forget jumps. And Patrick really was no slouch. Okay Madi is not anything to brag about. And for those who love Chock and Bates they are there. Interesting no Canadian Pair team yet they have Madi Schizas who quite honestly looks like she might get dumped. WHy not promote Deanna and Max?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I appreciate your opinion but Luna only is probably of interest because she is a medallist with the Russians not competing. But she is not the best jumper, spinner or artist. She is not an extreme personality. Czisnyhas spins at least. Kurt, Elvis, Patrick and Elvis bring very strong credentials and talents unlike Luna who is just good. the fact they are canadians has NOTHING to do with it. And Brown like Chan are the two most beautiful skaters every for men. Forget jumps. And Patrick really was no slouch. Okay Madi is not anything to brag about. And for those who love Chock and Bates they are there. Interesting no Canadian Pair team yet they have Madi Schizas who quite honestly looks like she might get dumped. WHy not promote Deanna and Max?
That's all old-timers i saw last year, i don't really care for the skaters who skated before my time, and Loena is current skater with the personality I really like. I saw both dancing teams and Schizas this year already.... like, it would have been okay if the tickets for 2 hour show didn't cost more than 4 days of Skate Canada or Skate America. šŸ˜… too pricey just to see Loena.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That's all old-timers i saw last year, i don't really care for the skaters who skated before my time, and Loena is current skater with the personality I really like. I saw both dancing teams and Schizas this year already.... like, it would have been okay if the tickets for 2 hour show didn't cost more than 4 days of Skate Canada or Skate America. šŸ˜… too pricey just to see Loena.
gosh... how much are they charging??? I didn't check because obviously, despite living in one of the biggest skating community in North America, we rarely get Stars on Ice... Maybe they know we won't pay for triples toes and scratch spins :) but yeah... The only time I went was in 2018 and it wasn't pricey at all... and it was great since with the stars from the 90s early 2000s, they had the entire Olympic winning team. Probably the only show worth going... Regarding Alissa, I would actually not mind seeing her skate. She is a brilliant spinner and has great presence... Not sure I would prefer Loena over her...

(addressing another question from other posters)

Regarding Patrick in Japan : he has been there often... he is the father of a young child and is quite busy in his post-competitive life... I doubt he would go on extended tours so far away. He is the only reason why I would bother going to Stars on Ice at this point.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
gosh... how much are they charging??? I didn't check because obviously, despite living in one of the biggest skating community in North America, we rarely get Stars on Ice... Maybe they know we won't pay for triples toes and scratch spins :) but yeah... The only time I went was in 2018 and it wasn't pricey at all... and it was great since with the stars from the 90s early 2000s, they had the entire Olympic winning team. Probably the only show worth going... Regarding Alissa, I would actually not mind seeing her skate. She is a brilliant spinner and has great presence... Not sure I would prefer Loena over her...

(addressing another question from other posters)

Regarding Patrick in Japan : he has been there often... he is the father of a young child and is quite busy in his post-competitive life... I doubt he would go on extended tours so far away. He is the only reason why I would bother going to Stars on Ice at this point.
$274 US for some reason. Like, it's a Canadian show. Why US? I saw Cizny last year and can't say I want to see her again. Definitely nowhere near close to Loena H on TV.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
$274 US for some reason. Like, it's a Canadian show. Why US? I saw Cizny last year and can't say I want to see her again. Definitely nowhere near close to Loena H on TV.
wow.... i don't think i paid more than 60-70 CAD to see the golden team in 2018...... they are better off not to come to Quebec if they want to charge that much... makes me feel completely fine about it LOL I am certain many of the figure skating fans will prefer going to ACI for almost nothing or save for worlds...

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This made me curious, so I went to the Stars on Ice Canada site. I chose Calgary and Moncton.

Calgary lists prices in Canadian dollars. $35 for the cheap seats, most expensive $182 on the ice.

Moncton lists $47 Canadian for cheap seats, and best at $69CA. I am presuming they have no on ice seats left.

I did not look at them all. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This made me curious, so I went to the Stars on Ice Canada site. I chose Calgary and Moncton.

Calgary lists prices in Canadian dollars. $35 for the cheap seats, most expensive $182 on the ice.

Moncton lists $47 Canadian for cheap seats, and best at $69CA. I am presuming they have no on ice seats left.

I did not look at them all. :)
ok... curiousity is contagious... I went to check several venues... there are always cheap options ranging from 25 to 35 dollars... some venues offer on ice tickets, that are expensive, for instance, vancouver 220 dollars... but really, there are a lot of affordable seats. I didn't see anything at 274 USD.... maybe @lariko was talking about a couple tickets, plus taxes or a meet and greet package.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
ok... curiousity is contagious... I went to check several venues... there are always cheap options ranging from 25 to 35 dollars... some venues offer on ice tickets, that are expensive, for instance, vancouver 220 dollars... but really, there are a lot of affordable seats. I didn't see anything at 274 USD.... maybe @lariko was talking about a couple tickets, plus taxes or a meet and greet package.
Where are you guys getting it? It links me to Scotia Bank Saddledom, and shows $274 US ea?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, this is even weirder. I linked from the ticket master from the main website. Now everything in the low sectors has okay pricing but is only available for seniors 65 and older and can't be selected. The on-ice seats are standard admission. I could let the system select the seats for me though... anyway, I will be able to see Loena and that's great. Unless they like, actually want you to be senior to let you in. It still says 65+ on the tickets

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Where are you guys getting it? It links me to Scotia Bank Saddledom, and shows $274 US ea?

I clicked on your link and was getting 87 dollars seats...i guess you should try shopping with a private browser... looks like they were selecting best seats available for you or something like that instead of best deals... etc

And this is not the official vendor...it is ticket center and not ticketmaster... i guess you gotta be careful where you buy these things....

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I clicked on your link and was getting 87 dollars seats...i guess you should try shopping with a private browser... looks like they were selecting best seats available for you or something like that instead of best deals... etc

And this is not the official vendor...it is ticket center and not ticketmaster... i guess you gotta be careful where you buy these things....
Yeah, this what gets promoted by Google. It was letting me select the seats unlike the ticketmaster, but wanted to charge crazy prices. Something isn't cosher.