The Dreaded 2022 Predictions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The Dreaded 2022 Predictions

But you are Nathan Chen... so you’re solo’ing pairs? [emoji23]

He and I are two sides of the same coin. I might be him, and he might be me, but we are not the same. We will be the best pairs and dance team ever.

Oh no! You're not supposed to mention her name here if you really want her to win! :palmf:

Does that mean this my pairs/ice dance wish won't happen anymore? :sad21:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Eteri is fed up with the criticisms that her skaters don't have longevity and goes out and does a fully backoaded FS with 6 backloaded quads all with helicopter tanos, on the ice herself, and wins the OGM at the age of 45/46 depending on the dates

Eteri becomes the first person to land a 4A. She does so in the last 10 seconds of the program with a Rippon, and gets huge distance and height. +5 GOE all across.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I'll try to be serious, but obviously these are just rough conjectures since trying to forecast what a skater will grow into is exceedingly difficult lol. The only one I’m entirely confident about is that Papadakis/Cizeron will win dance. There isn’t a team that’s going to be there that’s even within the stratosphere of them and I don’t see any diamonds in the rough that could even be polished enough in 4 years. Plus, the political winds will be behind them as they win the next few world championships.

Mens:

1 - Nathan Chen
2 - Boyang Jin
3 - Stephen Gogolev

Ladies:

1 - Alena Kostornaia
2 - Anna Shcherbakova
3 - Rika Kihira

Pairs:

1 - Sui/Han
2 - Tarasova / Morozov
3 - Ryom / Kim

Dance:

1 - Papadakis / Cizeron
2 - Baker / Hawayek
3 - Smart / Diaz

Edit: I realized that Sofia Akatieva isn't eligible for the Olympics I believe, if I'm mistaken let me know and I'll change my prediction lol.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Semi-serious: Boyang gets dance coaching from Show Lo, skates lights out to a remix of “Count on Me,” easily takes gold. Because Mandopop slays K-Pop, and Show isn’t “Asia’s Dance King” for nothing.

I still love this routine (and having learned it, yes, it is freaking hard):
https://youtu.be/3WAgjt-cDQg

This is how you integrate western hip hop into an Asian track rather than just xpaste. (Also: kickboxing, step, some allusions to tap.)
https://youtu.be/ycA_lU5E4wg

Good use of vertical space, solid routine despite foot injury, one of my favorite singles:
https://youtu.be/ExT-8Z6_iSc

Not my favorite routine but with an edit, it choreographs itself for skating and oh dear god the lyrics need tissues:
https://youtu.be/YWZ2-WEMdDk

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Edit: I realized that Sofia Akatieva isn't eligible for the Olympics I believe, if I'm mistaken let me know and I'll change my prediction lol.

Not even close. Sofia Akatieva can only compete in seniors for the first time during the 2023-2024 season.

2026 olympics predictions are an interesting case, however.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
A current Russian junior or novice girl will win gold in Beijing and Tara and Johnny will say over and over in the commentary that "no one saw her coming!" even though thousands of people actually did. :sarcasm:

Actually, if US viewers are really lucky, in 2022 Tara and Johnny will no longer be commentating for NBC. :devil:

Australian pairs will make the free skate and the top ten at the Olympics, along with North Koreans.

Starr Andrews will score higher than Bradie Tennell at US Champs, along with several other current American junior and novice girls.

Kana Muramoto and Chris Reed will continue to rise and inspire several promising young Japanese ladies and men's skaters to switch to ice dance and partner up, strengthening Japan's prospects for the Team Event. Likewise South Korea will develop more of an ice dance program, inspired by Yura Min and Alexander Gamelin's performances in Pyeongchang (what? I can dream!)

Sam L

Medalist
Seems everyone has written off Alina already. Good, more for us believers and true fans. :p

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I’m gonna keep these vague so I don’t jinx all the bad things that happen over the next four years... although these could be entirely wrong.... and this is probably gonna turn into predictions for the next quad....

1. Alina/Evgenia ‘s rivalry lasts at longest one season
2. South Korea earns three spots for at least one worlds in ladies in the next quad, establishing 1-2 medal contenders
3.An American man will be considered a world gold medal contender every year for the next four years
4.Gogolev, Phan or Orzel will surpass Messing as Canada’s number one man no later than at the Montreal worlds
4.P/C Win gold in Beijing
5.P/C will have competition within two years
6. Seguin/Bilodeau le Trennt/Michaud will become a world medal contender
7. S/H will win gold in Beijing

eriecold

On the Ice
A current Russian junior or novice girl will win gold in Beijing and Tara and Johnny will say over and over in the commentary that "no one saw her coming!" even though thousands of people actually did. :sarcasm:

Actually, if US viewers are really lucky, in 2022 Tara and Johnny will no longer be commentating for NBC. :devil:

There will be no more Johnny and Tara, it will be Adam & Ashley

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
If you want to predict the next ladies champion,
I'd suggest choosing from the pool of current 11-13 yr olds who stand out

Shayuki

Record Breaker
If you want to predict the next ladies champion,
I'd suggest choosing from the pool of current 11-13 yr olds who stand out
Agreed completely!

Nod, nod

My dream podium would be Shcherbakova, Honda and Eunsoo in no specific order. :love:

Quite a nice order, though Honda really needs to figure something out. I don't think you can completely explain her recent performance by it being just a meaningless competition. Even her routine level should be much better than this. She really doesn't have long to mess around. Rika Kihira making seniors next season, Kaori seeming consistent, Wakaba and Satoko... She'll have a hard time even making major international competitions unless she really steps it up during the off season.

arewhyaen

On the Ice
Ladies:
-Zagitova will not be at 2022 - either because of retirement or because of the depth of the Russian field she finished 10th at Nationals with a score of 300+ (I'm only slightly joking).
-The Americans will have a legitimate medal contender come up through the ranks. My bet is on Alysa Liu and/or Starr Andrews.

Men:
-Nathan Chen will not only win gold, he will dominate the next olympic cycle.
-Boyang Jin will be up and down for the next cycle, but come through when it matters the most on home ice at the olympics.
-A skater will land (albeit step out) of the first quad axel at the Olympics

Ice Dance:
-Papadakis and Cizeron will go undefeated for the next 4 years as part of the judge's penance for 2018.
-Hubbell and Donahue will be the face of ice dance for the next 4 years and whichever spot the judges afford to the North Americans.