The Dreaded 2022 Predictions | Page 6 | Golden Skate

The Dreaded 2022 Predictions

eriecold

On the Ice
If we go back 4 years we can see how our possible predictions worked out in 2018.

Ladies: Alina Zagitova was 11 years old. I don't think anyone predicted she would be the next Olympic champion.

Men: Hanyu won the gold medal in Sochi and had not yet reached his potential. A reasonable pick to repeat in Pyeongchang.

Pairs: Savchenko and Szolkowy ended their partnership in 2014. They're done.

Dance: Virtue and Moir "retired." Chock and Bates were briefly regarded as #1. Papadakis and Czizeron got 13th at 2014 Worlds.

Actually, most people did predict Alina, they just didn't know her name (if you look at the thread, it says that a young Russian in her 1st or 2nd year as a senior, or something like that).

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Sotnikova will come back with 4T-3T combo and pcs of 40+80 to win the ladies. Carolina will stay this time with Mishin till the very end. His firm shaking her hand after she nails her SP in the team event will boost her confidence and make her do all the jumps. However, it won't be enough as the judges will partially shift her "legend" pcs to Sotnikova. In the end she will finish just off the podium completing the gap in her last 3 Olympic placements: 3 - 5 - 4. Medvedeva will win silver again. She will be so angry to get another 600 g silver medal and the third BMW X5 that she will order to make silverware out of the medal and cut the roof of her SUV to make it look like a convertible. The bronze will go to Wakaba who will start her long program with 3A - 3A combo covering the whole rink with it. The judges will be so overwhelmed that they will lose their concentration on her other elements but still not forget to lowball her pcs. Zagitova won't qualify this time at the Nationals because her home zoo will become so large that she will have to sleep on an uncomfortable couch in the kitchen - the rest of the space will be tightly occupied by various beasts. This will make her a bit nervous so that she started to perform DQ instead of her new signature routine to Nutcracker.

Pluschenko will be summoned just for the short program in team even which he will win with clean 4T-3T, 4S, and 3A paving the road for Russia's gold redemption.

tars

Record Breaker
If we go back 4 years we can see how our possible predictions worked out in 2018.

Ladies: Alina Zagitova was 11 years old. I don't think anyone predicted she would be the next Olympic champion.
I'm pretty sure, not a single person in this forum knew Alina existed 4 years ago. :)
At 11, she didn't even win in regional competitions. Her ascent has been crazy.

sinnerspinner

On the Ice
A girl from Eteri camp wins with falling all over ice on attempting 7 backloaded quads. Lands three of them, although she stumbles on quad loop quite a bit. She wears Alina's old tutu.

Carolina ends fourth, wearing neon yellow bejewelled cat suit, being EXTREMELY artistic.

Evgenia attempts a comeback, but again ends second.

Sui and Han win thanks to yet to be discovered element. They get married after the medal ceremony. Couple from a country with overall back grasp of English language skates to Nick Minaj mix. It is so inappropriate, it causes overhaul of the ISU rules.

Upcoming male skater attempts a qiunt, but results in crashing and causing outrageous damage on the ice ring.

Ice dance is won by number is sexy and steamy that TV channels who air it in prime time get fined. Heavily.

(just having fun.)

Really, that only means men and women have achieved equality.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
Oh my God, no one believed she had a chance and thought that was her moment to move on with Robin. I can only smile looking at it now.

(However, this still makes me miss Aliona AND Bruno, that since she is with Bruno now means she won't skate with Bruno anymore, and their split ended on rather bad terms.)

I don't think they split??? Aliona and Bruno, I mean.

MedoLove

On the Ice
the revenge of Medvedeva, P / C and Sui / Han, massacring all their rivals, and crowning themselves champions:devil:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Ladies: No prediction possible. After sochi noone knows Alina and almost noone really knows Evgenia.

Men: Nathan Chen and Boyang Jin against a young Russian talent. Yuzuru´s body will not allow him to compete in 2022.

Pairs: Sui´s angle is the crucial point. In addition her physical development was not the best through the last years. I do not see them as the clear favourits for 2022. Aljona wants her second Gold medal. She and Bruno will continue skating for two more years and after that they will decide to go for two more!:think:

Dance: P/C against S/B and H/D.

Gracie and Ashley decide to have a crack at it one more time, partly as promotion for an upcoming Hollywood film they’re involved in.

As a pp stated, I also feel that Carolina could have another go- she may go into coaching (another Olympic level skater) and go there as both coach and competitor!

Just imagine if that Tara Lipinski made a comeback (shudder)....

Would also love to see Elena R, Anna P or a wildcard like Serafima S getting a spot. Stranger things have happened!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Zagitova won't qualify this time at the Nationals because her home zoo will become so large that she will have to sleep on an uncomfortable couch in the kitchen - the rest of the space will be tightly occupied by various beasts. This will make her a bit nervous so that she started to perform DQ instead of her new signature routine to Nutcracker.

Also, she will have become friends with Meagan Duhamel and Gus Kenworthy (watching all those old episodes of Friends will have vastly improved her English), and the three of them start a small animal rescue foundation that is entirely populated by former Olympic athletes only. Yana Rudkovskaya will become their manager and promote it all over Russia and her Instagram stories, with cameos by Plushy.

nguyhm

On the Ice
If Yulia can come back as an ice dancer and team up with Patrick, trained under MFD and represent Russia (or any other country). It would be one way to revive Russian Ice Dancing (if they represent Russia - no disrespect to current Russian ice dance teams) and who knows they could pose a threat to P/C. One can dream......

MalAssada

Medalist
I am guessing Alexandra Trusova for ladies, with Kostornaya coming a close second. No idea on the other disciplines.