Amina Atakhanova & Nikita Volodin | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Amina Atakhanova & Nikita Volodin

serephy

On the Ice
It's not very clear but, from rumours/gossip I've picked up on, it sounds like she is still injured/not in full training at the moment and apparently Nikita was skating with Nika Osipova for a try out (but some people said it was just Osipova auditioning for Sokolov group and not a trial for a new partnership).

paravolar

On the Ice
Amina posted this on her IG

Google Translate

Amina Atakhanova: Today, exactly a year, as Nikita and I got together.
This year was filled with emotions, both joyful and vice versa. There are not enough words to describe how grateful I am to Nikita for his patience, motivation and determination. Three months of treatment. And during these three months, he didn’t slip a thought to change me, to find a new partner, although nothing prevented him from doing this. A person who is always looking for advantages in everything is always positive. My complete opposite
In general, you can continue for a very long time, but I just want to say THANK YOU,
nikivolod2, for your support and faith in the best There will still be ...
[Of course, special thanks to our coaching team, our team, without you we are nobody

I hope she's OK now and able to train.

s_parks

Record Breaker
She posted something else about training on her ig story, but it was in russian, so. Hope she has a full and speedy recovery if she's not already back training. Onwards and upwards to next year.

hanca

Record Breaker
There is a gossip on Russian forums saying that Amina retired from health reasons. Volodin is apparently trying out with Labazina. (Labazina/Rakhmanin split up).

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
This is disappointing news. I really felt they had a lot of potential but her health is more important. It will be interesting to see how Nikita gets on with Labazina, I liked her with Rakhmanin. He can’t have long left in juniors.

hanca

Record Breaker
This is disappointing news. I really felt they had a lot of potential but her health is more important. It will be interesting to see how Nikita gets on with Labazina, I liked her with Rakhmanin. He can’t have long left in juniors.

Volodin still have one full season of junior eligibility. He is the same age as Rakhmanin, so if Labazina stayed with Rakhmanin they would have to move to seniors at the same time as she will be moving with Volodin (if the try out works out for them). So no difference for Labazina.
I though Volodin was quite tall even for a pair male and Labazina quite tiny. I wonder whether they won’t look a bit mismatched. (although she did grow before the last season so maybe she is not as tiny as I think).

hanca

Record Breaker
So if Labazina is with Volodin, where is Rahmanin?

At the moment we don’t know if he is definitely with Labazina, because it was posted that it is a tryout. So it may ormay not work.

Rakhmanin still has one year od junior eligibility, so my guess is that he is searching for a partner who would be old enough in one year to move to seniors with him. But no name was mentioned yet.

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to rumors Volodin is now skating with a lady named Sobinina. She is unknown skater to me. It might be just a tryout or a temporary thing though.

oleada

Record Breaker
The LP was very good, especially considering that Taisia is new to pairs and they have not been together long. She was even more successful on the jumps that he was! That first lift was super impressive. I think they have potential.

The Finn

Record Breaker
They have potential but this season is his last junior eligible season which makes things more difficult for them.

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm a bit late to the game, but a lot has happened to Nikita in the past year. He was pretty promising with Sobinina, especially considering how new she was not only to pairs, but to skating in general. Apparently she retired for health reasons too, even though she was tagged in a training photo with a few other skaters, including Rakhmanin.

Nikita teamed up, in a surprising turn of events, with Viktoria Vasilieva. Vika picked up on pair elements very fast and they are now doing triple throws, twists, and level 4 death spirals and lifts. They were really good at the last Cup of Russia in seniors, considering it was their first competition together. Unfortunately, it seems that they have split. I do not know if Nikita will continue competitive skating. His height and skill could make a great show skater. But even then, there are many girls in Russia, so he will have many options for partners if he does want to continue competitively, which I hope he does.

I wonder if it is just bad luck, or something else, that makes all of his partnerships not work out. All 4 of his partners with the exception of Ustimkina didn't last more than 2 seasons. The fact that I use the phrase "all 4 partners" for a 21 year old says a lot in itself. I know that Atakhanova retired for health, Sobinina was rumored to retire for health, and now Vasilieva apparently has joint issues. But if there is something else causing these collapses, then it may not be known until later on, or never at all.
Come on, seriously? You already made a similar post in the Russian pairs thread.

Ustimkina grew too tall. That was the reason why even Rogonov, who paired up with Ustimkina after Volodin, never got with her to competitions. Her height is fine for shows, where the pair can choose which elements they want to include, but it can be quite a huge disadvantage for competitive skating skating where the pair is trying to make as high technical elements mark as possible. In show they don’t need to worry about levels.

Atakhanova was injured before even pairing up with Volodin. That was the reason why her partnership with her previous partner, Spiridonov, ended.

I am not sure why his partnerships with Sobinina and Vasilieva didn’t last, but it is possible that with Vasilieva it might be her health reasons - she missed a half season last year because of joint injury, before swapping to pairs. I am not sure what the reasoning was, because the impact from throw jumps in pairs would be much worse for her joints than just normal jumps in single skating. Nevertheless, even if Vasilieva and Sobinina didn’t stop for health reasons, in the Russian pairs thread I gave you a list of examples of a number of skater who swapped to pairs and then they decided after a year or two not to do it. There are many reasons, so we won’t go through it here again, but there is no need to start wondering what is wrong with Volodin. Not everyone is cut out for pairs, and when they start doing pairs, they never know in advance if they will enjoy it. Pairs, it is not only about having a technically great boy and having a technically great girl, but this great boy and girl have to be compatible physically, emotionally and they have to be willing and able to make it work. Physically compatible, that’s pretty easy to see in advance. Emotionally compatible, their personality have to be able not to clash. Sometimes there are people who just don’t click together and there may be a battlefield at every practice; in such environment the results just won’t come.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing this team (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)