2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Short Program

Skating91

Medalist
I watched it all. I was about to write that Russian men is the weakest discipline, and then Dikidzhi (who seems to deliver every time I watch) and Semenemko were brilliant and made up for the previous two hours (apart Aliev he really ruined my picks).

It's going to be a fascinating battle tomorrow between the top two. I picked Dikidzhi to win and I think he will do it he seems cool under pressure.

Also, I feel like every career dies with Sokolovskaya. Am I being unreasonable?

Skating91

Medalist
Vlad and Ilya are both a bit stiff, both need work on skating skills. Also both are natural jumpers and fast rotators. They also have similiar voices. lol. Both are a work in progress, but it has been fun to see Vlad contending this year. (Because last year I had never even heard of him)

He has ice running through his veins like Malinin, but Malinin is on another level of course he'll be the best male of all time when he finishes his career.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Every competitor here attempted a quad o_O, ten men attempted 2 of them, but there were 9 falls on quads. Is this a directive from the coaches?
The field got deeper. The skaters without quads just won't make it to Nationals. (When they qualified here they didn't skate so badly, of course).

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Managed to catch up on the men.

Well done Dima, Zhenya and Vlad.

Poor Lyosha, that looked painful :frown:.

A lot of falls today, sad to see so many top men languishing at the bottom of the leader board.

Loved Andre's new short programme and costume and Dima's shirt :)

The opening ceremony was fab, they really go to town, the live band, ensemble of skaters, and Yagudin's winter programame :dance3:made my day :love2:❤️

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
The field got deeper. The skaters without quads just won't make it to Nationals. (When they qualified here they didn't skate so badly, of course).
It would have been nice to see them skate cleanly. I just think they can score over 80+ with a 3A and no quads, which I think is nicer to watch than half of the field having falls (obviously I am not a realistic judge)

I hope Andrei can have a redemption skate like how he did in Samara, not happy seeing him in 12th (and lower PCS than Mark, who also fell on the combo), his programs always interest me!

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I really, really can't with Dikidzhi... if Zhenya does not win this please let it be Gumennik or Aliev... (I think the others are out of contention.)
The second scores of Dikidzhi, who makes no effort at all in choreography, is equal to the second scores of Mozalev, who is objectively the strongest in this field. Are these components a joke to you, or what? Why would skaters improve if they get it without any effort? And why are the efforts of those who try not supported?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi guys, did they gave any update on Erokhov's health? Poor kid.

I think Aliev's was my favorite program despite my growing cringe with the lamest choice of music he's ever had. I can't wait for the next season to finally stop hearing that amateur hour lyrics.

Lol, speaking of lyrics, i think I am so used to just tuning out Hallelujah I didn't realized Fedorov was skating to Russian version.

Mozalev did Mozalev. I loved it, but basically expected a fall. 12th though looks harsh, given how imperfect everyone else was.

I also loved Tuktamysheva's commentary. 😍

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Dikidzhi said at the press conference that he didn't want to skate last in the free, so he was rooting for Semenenko.
Dikidzhi is basically like Samarin. Loveable beyond all measure, great jumps, and there is also some music playing when he competes.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It would have been nice to see them skate cleanly. I just think they can score over 80+ with a 3A and no quads, which I think is nicer to watch than half of the field having falls (obviously I am not a realistic judge)
Most of these skaters usually land their quads. The only one for whom it could make sense is Zonov (although his 4Lo is probably even better than 3A).

icewhite

Record Breaker
The second scores of Dikidzhi, who makes no effort at all in choreography, is equal to the second scores of Mozalev, who is objectively the strongest in this field. Are these components a joke to you, or what? Why would skaters improve if they get it without any effort? And why are the efforts of those who try not supported?

I would roughly score the PCS like this:

Dikidzhi 6.50 - 6.75 - 6.25
Semenenko 9.00 - 8.50 - 8.00
Aliev 8.75 - 8.25 - 9.25
Gumennik 8.50 - 8.75 - 8.25
Ignatov 7.50 - 7.50 - 7.50
Savosin 8.50 - 8.25 - 9.00
Kondratiuk 8.25 - 8.25 - 7.75
Mozalev 9.25 - 8.75 - 9.25
Postarnakov 7.75 - 7.75 - 7.75
Lutfullin 7.75 - 8.00 - 8.00
Vetlugin 8.25 - 8.25 - 8.75

Well, that's just a fast take and from memory now - but that's the direction I'd go.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm pretty sure that at an international competition Dikidzhi's PCS would be something close to what Shaidorov gets.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Despite Tarasova's screeching about 'when they let us out of this jail', pcs in international competitions are irrelevant for these guys