2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Free Skate

Selivanovp

Rinkside
Yes, I understand the rule exists. But I dont understand why. Not allowing restarts is enough deterrent for people not to fake misfortune - theres already almost no point. Taking 5 points for something out of their control is probably too much - I think so.
Well, it's to teach skaters to be more accurate with their equipment and check everything before stepping on ice. And they're, that's why it's rather rare to see problems, but they happen. In some cases they're mitigated by duct tape, and sometimes it results in what we saw today.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That quad twist was so impressive! Most of the ones I've seen have looked quite crashy, but he caught her with plenty of time.

Alas they're only in second.

Selivanovp

Rinkside
I've not noticed much taping with the men either to be honest, but then again most male skaters wear long trousers so the tape could just be hidden in a lot of cases. With the women's costumes, it's usually much less easy to hide.
I think Mozalev had to interrupt his program earlier this year due to a broken lace and swearing that he stopped duct taping a while ago, but will resume doing so as it cost him too much.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Heh did pairs always have a coaching team of thousands? Look at all those guys at the boards :laugh2:

Ooo big fanclub for Katia and Matvei they were really good out there!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Living in a skaters paradise.

Taped boots and landed jumps,

Living in a skaters paradise.
:biggrin:

Pairluv

Final Flight
Sasha. Sasha. Sasha. You cannot keep giving points away. I'm so impressed at how their twist has improved and the throws are looking so solid.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Falling on such an easy element then expertly saving the throws is so unfortunate. But I'm glad that she isnt beating herself up over it.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well the jump of doom tripped up Sasha B, but she landed those throws like a boss!

Good work guys! :cheer: