2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Pairs Short Program

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Me seeing that singles drama invited itself into pairs' party.
b83dec5ffcbd743515d1034bc445fb2f_w200.gif

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yes, makes sense but I think since ultra-c is borderline required for podium in Russia, its easier to get away with being tall + consistent in pairs if your partner is strong.
Nah, if you're tall, your best shot is Ice Dance. In pairs, a height difference of 15-25 cm is ideal, so a female skater of ~170 cm would have to look for one of the few male partners who are 185-195 cm tall, while in dance you can get away with far less height difference (The Italians for example are only 4 cm apart).

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Nah, if you're tall, your best shot is Ice Dance. In pairs, a height difference of 15-25 cm is ideal, so a female skater of ~170 cm would have to look for one of the few male partners who are 185-195 cm tall, while in dance you can get away with far less height difference (The Italians for example are only 4 cm apart).
True. But, all I meant was that Osokina isnt built for singles and I'm glad she found something she is better suited for.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Anyway... I'll be slapping Werner Rittberger long into the night and hoping for miracles. See you tomorrow

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
M/G are one-point above in PCS as well.

I've seen a lot of speculations on the Russian forum that B/K switched because of the coach's name and they will be ovescored. But so far I don't see that happening. The scoring for their twist has improved, but their twist has gotten better.