2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 1000 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I don't know how this "invitation" process works, but if we look at this season's assignments, the top 24 on the SB list all got 2 spots. So I guess there are certain rules that prohibits federations to choose "weaker" girls instead of the top 24??

I'm talking about "weaker" girls within the top 24 list. Usually that wouldn't be a problem, because as you said, usually the entire top 24 gets two spots. But this year, Russia has too many girls in the top 24 SB and WS lists for them all to get 2.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I'm talking about "weaker" girls within the top 24 list. Usually that wouldn't be a problem, because as you said, usually the entire top 24 gets two spots. But this year, Russia has too many girls in the top 24 SB and WS lists for them all to get 2.

Maybe RusFed decide the names on the invitations list? And which girls who is available for one invitation or two?? Or they will just cut 3 girls so that there is 9 left and all get two spots?? I don't know and I am intrigued how this will play out next season.

Ziotic

Medalist
Maybe RusFed decide the names on the invitations list? And which girls who is available for one invitation or two?? Or they will just cut 3 girls so that there is 9 left and all get two spots?? I don't know and I am intrigued how this will play out next season.

Not only that but I also think It will be interesting to see which juniors they have meet their seniors. I think that since Alina and Evgenia are seeded and won’t meet at GP they will aim to send Sasha to the other two events. Meaning we will almost certainly see Alina vs Alena or Anna in a GP.

However that also means Sasha would meet Rika in both GP. Now that I think about it I think we will see early on in the season who rusfed is sacrificing for the incoming juniors

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Not only that but I also think It will be interesting to see which juniors they have meet their seniors. I think that since Alina and Evgenia are seeded and won’t meet at GP they will aim to send Sasha to the other two events. Meaning we will almost certainly see Alina vs Alena or Anna in a GP.

However that also means Sasha would meet Rika in both GP. Now that I think about it I think we will see early on in the season who rusfed is sacrificing for the incoming juniors

No, Sasha would meet Lil Bet at both. Which would be interesting :biggrin:

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
In the beginning, is that her mother coaching her? And how old was she? 2?

her mother started to coach her when Veronica was 3 y.o. and stopped when they moved from Arkhangelsk to Moscow (about 1 year ago) to be trained by Eteri - Veronica wanna be Olympic Champion

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Alina skating to Le Mis, as someone suggested she would, sounds about right. But maybe she’ll do Firebird. I’m trying to go through the list of warhorses and pick just one.

At this point, I fear that Guliakova and Sakhanovich and Fedichkina are done. No way to get GP assignments, no way to be seen. I feel so bad for them. ��

Tarusina and Gubanova still have a chance.

Is ABBA girl still competing? Where is she? Can she get Internationals?

Does that mean Leonova, Pogoloraya (who may have retired?), Radinova are finished too? I hope we get a chance to say "good bye" to these world medallists. Had they skated for another country they may not have been left in the dust so to speak.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Are there any translations on the new interview with Elena? It's by Rodina, which is very icky I know but it would still be interesting

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
How would it work if rusfed submitted everyone (includin some skaters outside top 30 with no real chance of getting GPs)?
Medvedeva, Zagitova and Samudorova would get 2 spots. (Top 12 at worlds)
Trusova, Sherbakova, Tuktamysheva, Kostornaia, Sakhanovich, Tarusina, Gubanova, Konstantinova and Sotskova would get one (top 24ws or top 24SB)
This leaves 3 spots left which I think would go to the three with highest SB ie Trusova, Sherbakova and Tuktamysheva.
This would leave Kostoriaia with only one spot which is obviously unacceptable.

But if rusfed lets it be like this during the summer and after test skates pick out 2 skaters out of the above that are the weakest (my guess here Sotskova and Sakhanovich, but anything can happen) and force the to give up their spots. The then vacant spots would be filled with Kostornaia and one of the remaining three (Tarusina, Gubanova and Konstantinova).

Would this work?
The advantage would be to be able to wait until after the off season to decide who you dont want to go because I think that the skaters who are not submitted in the first place cant be substituted in later. And it seams that the trend for filling up vacant Gpspots is to give skaters with only one spot a second one according to the SB list and the russian skaters would be the highest ranking ones with only one.

Maju

On the Ice
Could someone make a list of the Eteri girls eligible for 2022?
(Also yay 😁 I love this page)

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Could someone make a list of the Eteri girls eligible for 2022?
(Also yay �� I love this page)

Competed in 2018:
- Alina Zagitova
- Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Eligible only in 2022:
- Alexandra Trusova
- Alena Kostornaya
- Anna Shcherbakova
- Daria Usacheva
- Maya Kromykh
- Kamila Valieva
- Alena Kanysheva
- Ksenia Chistyakova

Maju

On the Ice
Competed in 2018:
- Alina Zagitova
- Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Eligible only in 2022:
- Alexandra Trusova
- Alena Kostornaya
- Anna Shcherbakova
- Daria Usacheva
- Maya Kromykh
- Kamila Valieva
- Alena Kanysheva
- Ksenia Chistyakova
No Zhilina or Akatieva, wow. The Russian team for 2022 is going to be very, very hard to choose. Thanks!

NaVi

Medalist
There's a good chance Eteri will have a ladies skater at every Grand Prix... it's going to be interesting to see who she goes with. It's really not feasible to go to all of them. She's probably going to have a skater at every JGP event too but she hasn't been to a JGP outside of Russia in a long time.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
There's a good chance Eteri will have a ladies skater at every Grand Prix... it's going to be interesting to see who she goes with. It's really not feasible to go to all of them. She's probably going to have a skater at every JGP event too but she hasn't been to a JGP outside of Russia in a long time.

if Anna and Alёna will have 2 spots each, then 100% Eteri will have 1-2 lady at every GP stage, and up to 5 girls in the GPF

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Probably like at JGP we’ll see Danil and Sergei with the skaters on the GP as the coach. I don’t think it will affect the skaters much. They’re probably used to it by now.

Hey Spirals for Miles? Is it time to start a new thread? Russian Ladies 2019-20. :popcorn:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Probably like at JGP we’ll see Danil and Sergei with the skaters on the GP as the coach. I don’t think it will affect the skaters much. They’re probably used to it by now.

Hey Spirals for Miles? Is it time to start a new thread? Russian Ladies 2019-20. :popcorn:

I'll go for it :)
and fill it in later :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

I'll go for it :)
and fill it in later :)

I was thinking about it when this thread was somewhere around 995 pages or so (and looked when this thread was settled), but I've said to myself I will not talk about it at least till we get to 1000 :biggrin:

Also, there should be some goodbye to this thread. This season was even more exciting than the olympic one and all those battles on the ice and in this thread were - just unforgettable.
:thank: