2023-24 British and Irish Figure Skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023-24 British and Irish Figure Skating

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Not unduly surprised about Graham. I had thought he might be testing out an alternative to competitive skating. Someone from his rink posted somewhere on this forum that he was skating again and would compete in the second half of this season, then he didn't...

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know who Kyle Mcleod's new pairs partner is? Given the speed with which he has paired up with someone after Lucy's retirement, it was clearly planned. I am kind of wondering about Arabella? When she relocated to Dundee recently, I assumed she was continuing as a singles skater and had just relocated for more ice time and better training. Now I am wondering about the timing.... (but could, of course, be putting two and two together and getting ten!).

Weetos

Final Flight
No idea but I'm looking forward to finding out!

Ash and Atl made a fun appearance on Dancing on Ice last night :)

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone know who Kyle Mcleod's new pairs partner is? Given the speed with which he has paired up with someone after Lucy's retirement, it was clearly planned. I am kind of wondering about Arabella? When she relocated to Dundee recently, I assumed she was continuing as a singles skater and had just relocated for more ice time and better training. Now I am wondering about the timing.... (but could, of course, be putting two and two together and getting ten!).
I have no idea and no knowledge, but wonder if it could be Neamh Davison, who used to skate pairs with Shailesh Caller? I think Shailesh has retired.

It's a shame that Lucy and Kyle are no longer skating together - they achieved a lot in a short time period.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I have no idea and no knowledge, but wonder if it could be Neamh Davison, who used to skate pairs with Shailesh Caller? I think Shailesh has retired.

It's a shame that Lucy and Kyle are no longer skating together - they achieved a lot in a short time period.
Yes, I did wonder about Neamh Davison too. I'm not sure whether it would be a good pairing for Kyle, though, as he seems a fair bit stronger from a technical point of view - but I don't know how much Neamh was being held back from the partnership she was in not being able to pay for sufficient private ice time at Sheffield. Both pairs were doing similar basic elements e.g 2Tw, 2Lz, but Lucy and Kyle were consistently getting higher levels as well as better GOE. Time will tell!

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Wow! I didn't realise that Atl was now that tall! :jaw:

If he didn't have his head tilted to one side and was instead standing up straight, it looks like he could be the tallest person in the team photo. :drama:

CaroLiza_fan
If you look at the picture of just the two of them, further down the page, he's had to scrunch over there also. The top of Ashlie's head barely comes up to his shoulder.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If you look at the picture of just the two of them, further down the page, he's had to scrunch over there also. The top of Ashlie's head barely comes up to his shoulder.

To be fair, I think he is just being goofy in that photo. ;) :biggrin:

edc78b_3a8629ccbeaa4efc8da05fd66e09d786~mv2.webp

Yet another reason we love them! :)

Seriously, though, the article that this particular photo is from is a good review of how the British team got on at the Youth Olympics:

https://www.iceskating.org.uk/post/ice-dance-bronze-in-gangnon-korea

CaroLiza_fan

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
To be fair, I think he is just being goofy in that photo. ;) :biggrin:

edc78b_3a8629ccbeaa4efc8da05fd66e09d786~mv2.webp

Yet another reason we love them! :)

Seriously, though, the article that this particular photo is from is a good review of how the British team got on at the Youth Olympics:

https://www.iceskating.org.uk/post/ice-dance-bronze-in-gangnon-korea

CaroLiza_fan
Oh, I know he's just clowning there. I just meant the picture clearly shows the height difference. Presumably it will be reduced when Ashlie grows a bit. I did all my growing between my 15th and 16th birthdays. When I was Ashlie's age I was still 4'10" while my pairs partner, who was the same age, had reached 6'. By the time we were both 16 we'd narrowed the gap from 14" to 9" because I'd grown more that year than he had.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I don't feel like it is, from some of the IG posts she's been tagged in recently, she doesn't seem to currently be in the UK ("Let’s see what your next chapter holds 🇺🇸" and "...while Neamh has been away!"). Whether for skating-related or non-related reasons isn't indicated, so I'm not going to speculate.

The wording in Lucy's retirement post by Ice Dundee makes me think that he's currently already training with his new partner, which makes it unlikely imo that it's Neamh. 🤔

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't feel like it is, from some of the IG posts she's been tagged in recently, she doesn't seem to currently be in the UK ("Let’s see what your next chapter holds 🇺🇸" and "...while Neamh has been away!"). Whether for skating-related or non-related reasons isn't indicated, so I'm not going to speculate.

The wording in Lucy's retirement post by Ice Dundee makes me think that he's currently already training with his new partner, which makes it unlikely imo that it's Neamh. 🤔
The notice I saw from Ice Dundee stated "Kyle has already started a new venture with a new partner and we look forward to seeing this develop into even more success." I can't see them having said that if he wasn't already training with a new partner.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Do we know if we will be able to watch the World Championships on the ISU stream in Britain or have the BBC got the coverage?

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Do we know if we will be able to watch the World Championships on the ISU stream in Britain or have the BBC got the coverage?
The BBC Sport page for Worlds currently says 'no upcoming broadcasts', but I think it usually only operates a week ahead?

Previously, they usually shown the FS/FD portions (although not always live and sometimes only on iPlayer).

If they don't show it, hopefully the ISU steam will be watchable from Britain.

CelticRose22

Rinkside
Don't see anything on BBC so doesn't look like they are showing anything this year.

Obviously for us diehard fans the ISU stream is perfectly good; especially as Mark is commentating. But I don't think it's great for the sport overall that this isn't on any TV channel in UK.

CelticRose22

Rinkside
One thing to bear in mind as well which I have just picked up on; normally Montreal is 5 hours behind UK time but they move to summer time earlier in march so only 4 hours behind at the moment

Last edited:

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
The BBC will have bits of the free programmes online/on iplayer. @thatdarncat posted a link in the thread about where to watch the world championships. It is almost impossible to find unless you know where to look and can only be accessed if you have a BBC account - so not much use for general viewers.

It currently looks like we will have access to the ISU streams: https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU/streams