2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 510 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

TGee

Record Breaker
It was posted by someone else. It seems like there will be a short documentary about Zhenya for a Canadian programme called TSN. Maybe it‘s an introduction video for SCI or something like this. But she looked very focused in this video, I think it‘s her actual training and they‘re just filming her.

About the layout: I don‘t think Evgenia has ever done a 2A-3Lo combo, at least I‘ve never seen her do one. She tacked 3T onto every possible jump (including even Lutz and Axel) so maybe she‘s trying the same now with 3Lo? Being able to consistently land it in combo with other jumps. I think it will take some time before we‘ll see her change her layout significantly, though. This year she‘s primarily working on her technique, fixing the axel and trying to get a better edge on the lutz. It’s a transitional period. I guess by next year we‘ll see real changes and better programs, too. Her axel looks a lot better now even though it‘s still not perfect and she‘s even able to tack a loop on to it, so I‘m fairly optimistic for her improvement in the long run. But we‘ll see what happens at SCI. For now the main thing is to skate clean, I think, it‘s too soon to expect any serious changes.

About the lutz issue: Well, she will likely never get a really deep outside edge. If she got it to be consistently on a flat edge, it would be good. Not many skaters have a really deep outside edge so if she has a flat edge she should be fine. Maybe not add a combo to it because the GOE will likely never be the best for her on this jump but it’s already enough if she has two 3Lz in her programs. But this will likely take some time, edge issues aren‘t easy to fix.
This is probably a reasonably informed clip showing what Zhenya was training.

TSN does features, but they aren't fluffy. They wouldn't include the element if it wasn't likely to be brought into competition.

TSN has 5 sports channels on Canadian cable covering diverse sports. So, it's generally pretty serious sports coverage.

They have a crew that covers figure skating and gets to do film some demo elements at the Canadian equivalent of test skates.

TSN has the broadcast rights for the short program for Skate Canada International so your feed will come through them. The piece on Zhenya's likely part of their build up.

TSN Skate on twitter is the cable network's social media platform for figure skating. We may see promotional clips from SCI here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/skatetsn?lang=en

TSN's YouTube channel may post the full feature on Zhenya once it's broadcast:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TSNCanada

moriel

Record Breaker
Samodurova just won bronze at SA
Looks like team Mishin is really after that #3 spot for worlds.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
That could possibly be the best I've ever seen her skate... maybe not but dang, it was good
between Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Medvedeva, Samodurova, and even Gulyakova and Tarusina, I don't think we need to worry about worlds :)

neusw

On the Ice
This is probably a reasonably informed clip showing what Zhenya was training.

TSN does features, but they aren't fluffy. They wouldn't include the element if it wasn't likely to be brought into competition.

TSN has 5 sports channels on Canadian cable covering diverse sports. So, it's generally pretty serious sports coverage.

They have a crew that covers figure skating and gets to do film some demo elements at the Canadian equivalent of test skates.

TSN has the broadcast rights for the short program for Skate Canada International so your feed will come through them. The piece on Zhenya's likely part of their build up.

TSN Skate on twitter is the cable network's social media platform for figure skating. We may see promotional clips from SCI here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/skatetsn?lang=en

TSN's YouTube channel may post the full feature on Zhenya once it's broadcast:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TSNCanada
?? All they did is film some clips of her training. Nothing to do with whether it’s fluff or “serious” sports coverage. I highly doubt anyone went up to Zhenya and asked “Are you definitely putting this combo in your program?” before filming it. It’s not exactly breaking news that Zhenya practices -3lo combos.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
That could possibly be the best I've ever seen her skate... maybe not but dang, it was good

I don't know if it was the BEST best but it was certainly the liveliest I've seen her skate. And her expression in the K&C was too cute. I love it when athletes are genuinely overjoyed about and proud of medals that aren't gold. It warms my cold dead heart.

TGee

Record Breaker
?? All they did is film some clips of her training. Nothing to do with whether it’s fluff or “serious” sports coverage. I highly doubt anyone went up to Zhenya and asked “Are you definitely putting this combo in your program?” before filming it. It’s not exactly breaking news that Zhenya practices -3lo combos.
No media get into TCC to film without negotiations. It's not a public complex.

We'll have to see the entire feature when it gets broadcast next week.

TSN puts out the clips to promote the the broadcast. This was just the teaser.

But when they they are given access it usually involves an interview and discussion about what a skater is working on.

And they usually ask to shoot a feature element a skater is working on. They would have consulted with Brian and Zhenya.

That 2A-3Lo is, I suspect, no more a coincidence than Yuzuru doing bits of his programs for his 'media day' in September.

skatenewbie

Medalist
SkAm calls are weird and Polina now getting almost low tier skater treatment... low GOE, unjustified < calls, low PCS. In FS she popped a bit do she does make costly mistake. But i still have hope on her! Redemption in 2nd GP is achievable for sure. As long as she was guaranteed a GP spot its all good since getting GP is not easy with juniors moving next season.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Congrats to Team Mishin.

This season all his skaters are soo strong and mentally prepared: even those who didn't get the GP assignment like Gulyakova (she was amazing few days ago) or Petrov, and today Samodurova did her best in a tough field and got a medal.

Polina Tsurskaya :slink:

katymay

Medalist
I had to laugh at Tara and J. finding a way to show Trusova, and warning again and again that next year was going to be a whole new ballgame for women's skating. Also they said something about how Sofia had a lucky birthday, was able to move up and avoid continuing to compete against the other Russian juniors.

Amei

Record Breaker
I had to laugh at Tara and J. finding a way to show Trusova, and warning again and again that next year was going to be a whole new ballgame for women's skating. Also they said something about how Sofia had a lucky birthday, was able to move up and avoid continuing to compete against the other Russian juniors.

I thought it was good of them to show Trusova - Jr events especially in the US don't get much publicity and perhaps some people will get interested in seeing the Jrs and help grow the TV audience.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Congrats to Team Mishin.

This season all his skaters are soo strong and mentally prepared: even those who didn't get the GP assignment like Gulyakova (she was amazing few days ago) or Petrov, and today Samodurova did her best in a tough field and got a medal.

Polina Tsurskaya :slink:

Team Mishin is indeed doing well!
I think Gulyakova is with Klimkin though 😊

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I thought it was good of them to show Trusova - Jr events especially in the US don't get much publicity and perhaps some people will get interested in seeing the Jrs and help grow the TV audience.

I don’t think it was good at all! Completely inappropriate to raise an irrelevant subject while someone else was skating, in a completely different category at a completely different event. I don’t think that was their aim at all to raise publicity about juniors. Trusova has enough publicity as it is. So annoyed how they had to talk about how Sofia ‘might as well do well this year’ before the wave of quads gets her, right in the middle of her free program. She snatched their wigs by the amazing skate she did . I’d prefer to watch her over Trusova any day

karina17

Final Flight

But they didn’t have to do it while Sofia was skating her program. It was kind of rude. If they wanted to boost the juniors, they could’ve at least done it after Sofia got off the ice.