2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 435 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Zhenya is a much better ambassador for the wonderful country of Russia than her detractors here. That's all I have to say.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We need Tiny Boss to release a video of a new quad or 12 jump combination to distract us from ourselves :laugh2:

Any word on Alena’s 3a? Has she been practicing it?

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
We need Tiny Boss to release a video of a new quad or 12 jump combination to distract us from ourselves :laugh2:

or you can try to guess how many quads she will attempt at the next competition? that's not always an easy guess!

Fluture

Record Breaker

I love that you‘re always in here trying to distract people with funny posts when drama occurs. I wish I could do that, too. Or at least not answer at all.... but it‘s too tempting, I can‘t control myself! :laugh:

Alena, Sasha, Anna, where are you when we need you? :laugh2:

Serious now, I hope Alena manages to land her 3A eventually but the lack of info or that she‘s not even jumping it in training (like Anna did in Bratislava with 4Lz for example) makes me a bit sceptical. Has she talked about it or that she wants to add it in JGPF?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
or you can try to guess how many quads she will attempt at the next competition? that's not always an easy guess!

If she even makes it to the next event. Last I checked she was rowing in a circle on a river somewhere with her trademark smiley face but making zero progress :laugh2:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Still talking about Evgenia? come on.

In general i don't get the hate on her: she is still representing Russia, who cares about these random interviews, journalists are also creating fake news around her, Brian and Eteri.

We'll see at the big events whether the move paid off or not, so far all skaters that moved from Eteri are doing or did worse. (besides Voronov and yet he got his only GPF medal with Eteri)

Peter Tchernyshev did Gubanova's and Radionova's SP with the rap StSq. I'm not sure if he did Tsurskaya's program as well but the flailing during the StSq for Gubanova is his thing.

I don't mind the flailing in Polina's SP, i think choreography for that program is mostly good, but when all your skaters get only level 2 in the steps sequence there is clearly something missing here, you need to add more turns or you won't get the points.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Jeez, some people just can’t let things go. Evegenia owns nothing to anyone, she can change her mind / opinions and coaches as often as she likes. She had the right to change her mind even a day after she said she would not leave Eteri. Grow up, folks! The world is not Harry Potter novel split between good and evil folks.

And please stop generalizing Russia citizens and Russian audience. Majority hasn’t changed their opinion about Evgenia, it’s just 5 random haters are being really vocal about their hatred.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Something I am wondering regarding Stsq if we are at that topic with Polina.

Will Daniil and Eteri work on their girls step sequences this season? I noticed that all of the girls this season got a Level 3 even Elizabet. Level 3 is common for junior but I thought they would try to get a Level 4 with Elizabet as she is a senior. Will they work on changing that throughout the season?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Will Daniil and Eteri work on their girls step sequences this season? I noticed that all of the girls this season got a Level 3 even Elizabet. Level 3 is common for junior but I thought they would try to get a Level 4 with Elizabet as she is a senior. Will they work on changing that throughout the season?

I think they can, Elizabet usually has good steps sequence (level 4 most of the time), we'll see what level she will get in the free.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm sure most of the people here would like to talk about all the excellent Russian ladies rather than have to wade through the bickering and arguing in this thread.

Please tone it down and let your fellow fans of Russian ladies enjoy the thread.

atsumiri

Record Breaker

all stsq was choreographed to be level 4. It's easy to miss one or two steps or turns or don't show edge and stsq will become level 3 or worse.

andromache

Record Breaker

I feel like they are getting more strict on StSq levels this year.

There seemed to be many more StSq4 at this time last year. Trusova was fairly consistent on it last season (IIRC) and she received a StSq3 in her first JGP.