2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 438 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Not sure but most likely.

The whole second JGP still hurts cause my favourite Kanysheva doesn't have much chances to get the second spot because of that bronze. (even though she is better than Tarakanova and Vasiljeva imho)
maybe Sinitsyna?

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
Not sure but most likely.

The whole second JGP still hurts cause my favourite Kanysheva doesn't have much chances to get the second spot because of that bronze. (even though she is better than Tarakanova and Vasiljeva imho)

as of now i would say Kanysheva and Tarakanova have the best chances

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight

Kanysheva 100% will get a second JGP, and I really think Nastya deserves a second one but Anna Tarusina is like a rock in terms of consistency. To be honest the best choice would be to give Vasilieva only one spot and give one to Tarakanova. But that brings up the issue of whether or not RusFed wants 6 Russian JGPF finalists.

SkySkater

On the Ice

On Angels of Plushenko in a comment I think they said that she would receive another stage though they didn’t clarify which one.

If I was the rus fed I’d probably put Kanysheva or Tarakanova against Trusova as if they are planning for six girls to get two these two are already guaranteed a spot based off of their scores as they are currently ranked 4 and 5 score wise with one girl left to skate. And then put the other against whichever of Tarusina and Vasilieva get a higher score (or the silver medal).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Kanysheva 100% will get a second JGP, and I really think Nastya deserves a second one but Anna Tarusina is like a rock in terms of consistency. To be honest the best choice would be to give Vasilieva only one spot and give one to Tarakanova. But that brings up the issue of whether or not RusFed wants 6 Russian JGPF finalists.
Even if Vasilieva performs amazingly? I think it'd be good to at least wait and see how she does.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
To be honest, I'm hoping they'll switch Tarusina and Kanysheva's second spots. Because Kanysheva is a lock to get one, but if Vasilieva gets a silver with 187+, then it will be too soon to replace Tarusina for Tarakanova for the next week. Putting Tarusina at the 7th one now would eliminate that.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I want Kanysheva and Tarakanova to get a second spot. They‘re the ones who deserve it the most. I don’t care for Tarusina other than I can’t help but root for her as a person because she‘s dealt with a lot and I admire her for her determination. But I don‘t really get her skating and her jumps are smallish. I‘d rather have Sinitsyna get the spot but of course I do understand why this won‘t happen. It‘s sad because she‘s quite a lovely girl and her technical content is admirable as well as her skating skills. But she made mistakes and “only“ got bronze... And you can’t afford that on the Russian JGP. :shrug:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I totally agree.
I want Kanysheva and Tarakanova to get a second spot. They‘re the ones who deserve it the most. I don’t care for Tarusina other than I can’t help but root for her as a person because she‘s dealt with a lot and I admire her for her determination. But I don‘t really get her skating and her jumps are smallish. I‘d rather have Sinitsyna get the spot but of course I do understand why this won‘t happen. It‘s sad because she‘s quite a lovely girl and her technical content is admirable as well as her skating skills. But she made mistakes and “only“ got bronze... And you can’t afford that on the Russian JGP. :shrug:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I think sometimes that some people here dream of Evgenia getting 10th place at ACI or worse to prove their point that Eteri was better than Orser is and leaving her means Evgenia is now good for nothing and should retire immediately, buy countryside house, move there with her mother, grandma and dog and finally apologise that she dared to skate and win some competitions.

I hear from Jr Worlds 2015 that it's Medvedeva's last season and somehow she still is here.

But she is better. The most correct way would be to compare Evgenia Orser's sp after her changing coaches with Tursynbaeva Eteri's sp after her changing coaches as well. It's like day and night difference.

icybear

Medalist
Tango doesnt fit Evgenia at all. At first i thought it was the bad angle but now I'm pretty sure. I know she's probably nervous and didnt show her best but still.

moriel

Record Breaker
But she is better. The most correct way would be to compare Evgenia Orser's sp after her changing coaches with Tursynbaeva Eteri's sp after her changing coaches as well. It's like day and night difference.

Tursynbayeva's highest SP score under Orser was 66.87. At Nepela she scored 69.99.
Medvedeva's highest SP score under Eteri was 81.61. At Autumn Classic she scored 70.98.
I would say the comparison does not favour Orser so far, considering both changed coaches nearly same time, and had same time to adjust to the changes and improvements.