2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

gossipcow

Rinkside
Oh man, I am so excited to see what Shae-Lynn does for Kaori and Rika's SPs, hope they both get something more bold and powerful than the past season's programs.

And I know people think Lori is a meh choreographer at times, but I do love her work for Sui/Han, so hopefully she and Mai gel well.

zounger

Medalist
This is from Tyktamesheva’s recent interview, but since is related to Japanese ladies I would like to share it here…

Liza you are in the club of girls that are doing triple axel: Rika Kihira and others. Do you watch how they are doing it?

“Of course. Kihira has a bit different technic of this jump. I would say, a Japanese technic. I saw, how Satoko was skating and doing 3A on the show. Kaori Sakamoto… They are all doing this jump the same (way). I even helped Satoko a bit with the triple axel on the show. I love to help and make suggestions”

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
This is from Tyktamesheva’s recent interview, but since is related to Japanese ladies I would like to share it here…

Liza you are in the club of girls that are doing triple axel: Rika Kihira and others. Do you watch how they are doing it?

“Of course. Kihira has a bit different technic of this jump. I would say, a Japanese technic. I saw, how Satoko was skating and doing 3A on the show. Kaori Sakamoto… They are all doing this jump the same (way). I even helped Satoko a bit with the triple axel on the show. I love to help and make suggestions”

Ohhh interesting. So they are already training it even while doing shows.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So JPN female skaters resort to foreign choreographers for their routines?

Sort of makes sense, since their routines need to have international appeal and appreciation.

Their domestic routines do look very nice but are hardly surprising or spectacular IMO. They’re bound to adhere to their local culture that is of course much appreciated by the Japanese audience, calm and serene, poetic and graceful.

Does this mean the JPN skaters that compete internationally learn two competitive routines?

halulupu

Final Flight
A 2A is meant to be easier than any triple though, so that doesn't surprise me for a woman that struggles with jump height.
In theory yes but satokos triples are all cheated to the maximum. Actually she is only doing better doubles. So i guess the 2.5 rotation of the 2a are the most airotation she does.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Seems like Massimo Scali is making a new program for Wakaba.https://www.instagram.com/p/BweexUYlIxQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wskqkfj46mi3
I expect a beautiful program since the SP he made for her in her first senior season was really beautiful. She performed it with incredible maturity for someone who was 15-16yo. And she got outrageously underscored at worlds.
Seems like the program will be on a latin theme.

ETA: Oups, i see that la califfa was made by Shae.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Just like in Russia a wealth of talent. Kaori and Rika seem to be the leaders. However, perhaps the most consistent is Satoko the tiny jump queen. Always elegant and musial. I forgot about the world silver medallist Wakababy and slew of others from Mai to mao and all.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Seems like Massimo Scali is making a new program for Wakaba.https://www.instagram.com/p/BweexUYlIxQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wskqkfj46mi3
I expect a beautiful program since the SP he made for her in her first senior season was really beautiful. She performed it with incredible maturity for someone who was 15-16yo. And she got outrageously underscored at worlds.
Seems like the program will be on a latin theme.

ETA: Oups, i see that la califfa was made by Shae.

i'm smelling malaguena...

sakurano

Final Flight
A little late but congratulations to Kaori and Rika K for the silver medal despite the mistakes it was great performances after the world I will miss it.

Congratulations to Mai and Kaori for the first launch of the tigers :)

The Japanese season is over we already have announcements of choreographers, I'm glad that most try new things.

if we take stock, it's pretty good, I hope that with the arrival of the Quads it will continue.

I'm disappointed that Yuhana keeps her LP but I can not wait to see what her first senior season is going to be, it seems she was voted best hope?

that Satoko continues the practice of 3A does not surprise me, artistic level she is an accomplished artist now, it is normal that at 21 years old she wants to challenge herself technically, you do not have to have big jumps to be a good technician, I think that by seeing Ayaka and Rika K it also made him want to improve technically.

Now it misses more than Wakaba, Kaori, Mai and Rion j, hopes that someday they will reach their goal, Quads and 3A are capricious lol but it's nice to see the evolutions

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
i'm smelling malaguena...

A warhorse but not that bad. Spanish music suits her.
Can be something else too. Gypsy dance was not overused when she skated on it i think. I saw only Cha use and that was in the middle of the season after changing his SP.
But if she has to skate on something often used i would like Asturias.